Guinness World Records to measure for loudest crowd roar

XxxZagnutxxX

Reaction score
The Radish":3mk5lsit said:
bestfightstory":3mk5lsit said:
Put a few (4-5) coins in an empty plastic bottle and shake that thing. It's ear shattering.

Are you suggesting people might have extra moneys laying around? lol

Change from your $12.50 beer. Ask for nickels.

hawker84

Reaction score
dunceface":3f1mbtcg said:
What about bagpipes?

Or how about whoopie cushions and everybody sit down at the exact same time while playing the bagpipes or kazoos? could work.

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":ws19spfd said:
bestfightstory":ws19spfd said:
Hope it was as good for you as it wasn't for any of us.

Typical.

What's typical? You think I was dodging responding to this because I hadn't replied yet? Give me a break, plenty of people around here accuse me of responding to too much.

In my opinion, a megaphone (or anything artificially loud designed to make noise that is brought into a stadium along the lines of a plastic bottle with rocks or coins in it or those annoying vuvuzelas) is cheap for trying to break a crowd noise world record. It's a crowd noise competition, not an advertisement for whatever company makes megaphones, or a contest to see what crowd can shake quarters the loudest. If you're going to allow megaphones, what's to stop people from walking in with as big of a full-range speaker as they can carry on their back and a microphone? Why don't we just organize a protest where everyone has their own speaker and microphone?

I'm surprised you disagree with me on this, to be honest. A sports crowd noise contest should be organic, in my opinion. If you disagree, that's fine; you wanted my explanation, there it is.

You're right. I'll leave my vuvuzela at home. It's better to keep the crowd roar "organic." Plus, I always got weird stares from people around me I had my vuvuzelas at games. Whenever I used it, the 5 rows in front of me would turn around and look at me.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Another indication of how the Seahawks have arrived as a franchise:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...k-guinness-record-for-loudest-crowd/#comments

Man, look at them line up to take their pot shots! Every stereotype you can think of--we pump in noise through speakers, cheaty petey, no rings, etc. etc. One just has to laugh at it all. This was my favorite post from one of the Seahawk fans:

"wilsonwillbreaku says:Jul 9, 2013 11:39 AM

49er fans are the skid mark in the tighty-whiteys of the NFL. All non 9er fans know this. So, can you please keep your greedy little mouths off of Seattle’s nuts? You spend more time on our threads than we do."

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":1tk0w1s2 said:
Another indication of how the Seahawks have arrived as a franchise:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...k-guinness-record-for-loudest-crowd/#comments
Man, look at them line up to take their pot shots! Every stereotype you can think of--we pump in noise through speakers, cheaty petey, no rings, etc. etc. One just has to laugh at it all. This was my favorite post from one of the Seahawk fans:
"wilsonwillbreaku says:Jul 9, 2013 11:39 AM
49er fans are the skid mark in the tighty-whiteys of the NFL. All non 9er fans know this. So, can you please keep your greedy little mouths off of Seattle’s nuts? You spend more time on our threads than we do."

i came across this one...darn tootin!
shurtsusmc says:Jul 9, 2013 12:10 PM

Does anyone that’s not a Hawks fan realize that the CLink is already rated as the loudest stadium in the NFL. The fans did cause a small earthquake in the 2010 wildcard game against the Saints.

Also, hate all you want. Bring up the PED issues. Go ahead. But do any of you realize that the Giants have had the same amount of PED violations as the Seahawks have. Also keep in mind 2 of the 5 guys the Hawks have had that served suspensions are no longer with the team, and haven’t been for a while. Browner, Irvin and Moffit are the only Hawks that are currently on the roster.

And complain about the Hawks fans being annoying or homerish. It’s your right, but you know what?! If your team had the hype/potential that the Hawks have this year, you and your fellow fans would be the same darned way.

And go ahead and complain about the Hawks being highlighted on all the NFL tv shows you can think of. This is the first time in my 27 years of life I have seen this much Hawks stuff actually being talked about (In a positive notion). So suck it up and deal with it.

Semper Fi! Go Hawks!

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I LOLed at the comments too. So many fans are mad at the attention the Hawks are getting. The typical "no rings", "piped in noise", "adderal" comments. Fan bases are so predictable you can't help but laugh. KC fans are rabid mad stating that their stadium is the loudest.
I rather enjoy the hate myself. It's refreshing. :thirishdrinkers:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Man the hate is so funny all it tells me is that we are good!! So BRING IT ON!!!! I have been to Arrowhead and no it is NOT louder than the Clink. Make no mistake it is loud though and the tailgating is the bomb.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Yeah the one comment where the troll says he's been to Clink and there are microphones and speakers all over the place---whatever dude. :roll:

Largent80

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":eze9e4pz said:
Yeah the one comment where the troll says he's been to Clink and there are microphones and speakers all over the place---whatever dude. :roll:

The Microphones and speakers are our vocal cords.

OP
OP
dunceface

dunceface

Reaction score
The Radish":jmzgkmnt said:
Well this is our chance to literally put our mouths where our mouths are!

:th2thumbs:

Haha nice!

HansGruber

Reaction score
GeekHawk":227m95sg said:
Don't forget to take a small pocketknife to cut the bottom out of your beer glass. It makes a passable megaphone. (Wait until the beer is gone, of course!)
Please don't encourage knives. It'll get people booted at the gate. We need all 12s in attendance.