Bill Wixey's (Q13) comment about the 12s

StoneCold

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":3igs7hu4 said:
Good to hear Missing_Clink

Seemed loud to me as well. I recorded some of it and it's now my ringtone. Unfortunately it's an m4a file and not supported for upload or you could hear it for yourself. Blaming the 12's for not being loud enough is silly. By the end of the second 80 yard drive in the 4th we were exhausted. It's hard work being a 12 and sometimes we need the Offense to give us a break as well.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
StoneCold":3lhhfdqv said:
twisted_steel2":3lhhfdqv said:

Seemed loud to me as well. I recorded some of it and it's now my ringtone. Unfortunately it's an m4a file and not supported for upload or you could hear it for yourself. Blaming the 12's for not being loud enough is silly. By the end of the second 80 yard drive in the 4th we were exhausted. It's hard work being a 12 and sometimes we need the Offense to give us a break as well.

I agree it seemed quite loud. The Seahawks should have won the game regardless how loud the stadium was. If the players need a loud crowd to win, then they have more things to worry about than just the level of crowd noise.

seahawks08

Reaction score
I was loud, we were loud, everyone was loud, we got false starts, burned time out. It was a heck a lot of sound, so much that the Defense couldn't communicate either.

OP
OP
twisted_steel2

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
StoneCold":2eqaoyey said:
twisted_steel2":2eqaoyey said:

That's a really good point, the offense going 3 and out, 3 and out, 3 and out.... not only is the defense not getting a breather, the 12's aren't either.

I don't know about anyone else, but when the offense is out there, I take a seat, rest my voice, drink my beer, and just watch.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Steve2222":2vhd2o12 said:
mrt144":2vhd2o12 said:
Steve2222":2vhd2o12 said:
twisted_steel2":2vhd2o12 said:
You really don't want to go down the road of questioning my fandom.

But if you have any comments about Wixey's post, would love to hear it.

Really don't care how much of a fan you say you are. But that post of yours screams fair weathered fan.....not to be confused with me calling you a bandwagoner.

All less than well heeled or financially prudent fans are fair weather. Got it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=accEKtBebaU

You lack reading comprehension. If you're taking a hiatus due to financial obligations I find no fault. If you're not going to the game because the Hawks are playing piss poor, that's fair weatheredness. If the Hawks were 6-0 right now I'd have a feeling you'd be going to the game however.
Sorry, but I AM attacking the poster on this one: stop being an idiot. It does NOT make you a fair weather fan when you find yourself outpriced by the rising cost of tickets.

Sorry, shove that attitude right up where the sun don't shine.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
kearly":1rk2ebfc said:
Seemed plenty loud to me, then the 4th quarter arrived and the fans got nervous like a beaten dog.
The difference is, a couple of years back, it was loud ALL the time, no matter what was happening. Now its just loud at key moments, and there are still MANY fans that hardly cheer at all. Its just...different.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
mrt144":30rldhfv said:
Steve2222":30rldhfv said:
You lack reading comprehension. If you're taking a hiatus due to financial obligations I find no fault. If you're not going to the game because the Hawks are playing piss poor, that's fair weatheredness. If the Hawks were 6-0 right now I'd have a feeling you'd be going to the game however.

Read the OP again then snap back at me with reading comprehension jabs. 300 bucks for the worst seats in the house. Unless you're well heeled it's hard to justify spending 300 for entertainment for two people for four hours. Price elasticity is the reason he isn't going, not because the Seahawks aren't turning out top notch football at the moment.

I went Sunday and it was plenty loud.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
Not to pick nits here, but at the beginning of last week, there were several single letter pairs available in the 150 or lower range. Now I know 300 for a pair is still a lot of coin, but even basic seats cost STH out there on average 100 bucks a seat.

Sure there is gouging going on, but if one is inclined, you can still find good value seats. If they keep playing the way they are, pretty sure you are going to see tickets pretty close to face soon.

justafan

Reaction score
I know the crowd has changed alot with the popularity.
I agree completely with the thought of it being a scene versus a happening.
I have sat next to people who payed good money for tickets,show up late and left early because they were dressed for a summer dinner party.Just because they were there doesnt make them fans.Just like not going doesnt make someone less of fan.

Chawks1

Reaction score
We were priced out last year. I have taken my girls to at least 1 game every year for since 1998. We sat through every game at Husky stadium because you couldn't even watch the team on tv because of blackouts. Had to give up our season tickets when we moved to Spokane a few years ago. I am disappointed with all the bandwagon fans going just to say they went to the game. I have noticed the stands don't seem as loud this year.

badanddeadly

Reaction score
I had season tickets in 2006 and 2007 and went to yesterday's game for the first time since. It didn't seem as intense as it was just a handful of years ago. It definitely appeared that there were a lot more casual folks there that didn't know how to function as a fan. Maybe just an anomaly but to me it did feel different.

OP
OP
twisted_steel2

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
tacomahawk":37lipmhl said:
Not to pick nits here, but at the beginning of last week, there were several single letter pairs available in the 150 or lower range. Now I know 300 for a pair is still a lot of coin, but even basic seats cost STH out there on average 100 bucks a seat.

Sure there is gouging going on, but if one is inclined, you can still find good value seats. If they keep playing the way they are, pretty sure you are going to see tickets pretty close to face soon.

When we were making the decision whether to buy tickets for us(wife and son) and also to go with our normal tailgating crew, all the ticket searches were before the season started. I have no doubt the prices will be coming down(if they continue like this), and that looking frequently deals can be had.

I just wanted to tell me story as it related to Bill Wixey's comments from Sunday.

Who knows, maybe I will start looking for deals again, as my son really really still wants to go to a game this year. :Dunno:

Hawkpower

Reaction score
While the premise of the article may be a bit on the hyperbole side, there is a bit of truth lurking there. When ticket prices reach a certain level, there can be more of a corporate tameness to the atmosphere vs. a drunk, raging, passionate one.

Consider a long time blue collar fan from Tukwila vs. an account executive who's company got him tickets....who's extent of Seahawk knowledge is that Fridays are blue Fridays.

If the crowd becomes titled too far to the corporate side, that CAN happen.

Now I think that its a bit dramatic to say it HAS, but it could, and its something to consider.

Being a Seahawk fan used to be only for Chuck from Tukwila. Now its Seattle trendy, regardless of how you feel about football.

peppersjap

Reaction score
There is a ton of truth in the article. I have been to every game since 2006 and the stadium is still loud but it is different this year. In my vicinity there were 8 seats that season ticket holders sold for this game. I'm talking about close to 50% of the seats around me were filled by people we didn't know. My guess is people are trying to make there money while they can. At the Monday night game vs Detroit we had 2 seats that sat empty until the 3rd quarter when the new season ticket holders showed up, they stayed for probably 15 minutes and then were gone for the rest of the game. We are in section 328 and we look over at the lower level of 327 and most of these people are not in the game. The most annoying thing this year are the "Sea......Hawk" chants that people start when we are on offense and it happens all the time. I have become completely annoyed by this chant and couldn't believe how many times I had to hear it walking out of the stadium on Sunday after a horrible loss. I'm all for supporting our team but after a terrible loss I think you walk out of the stadium and head to your car. I really don't think it is a time for celebration. This is definitely a new thing because it didn't use to happen. I can see something like that after the Super Bowl but after a regular season game I'm not going to try to celebrate a loss.

Rob12

Reaction score
My voice was gone after yesterday's game, so Bill Wixey can eat a big pile of ****.

peppersjap

Reaction score
Rob12":34edpqko said:
My voice was gone after yesterday's game, so Bill Wixey can eat a big pile of ****.
The normal fans are still doing what they do and you might not see a difference in your section but I definitely see a difference where I sit. We have a guy who has basically been our sections cheerleader and he has been in his seats for 1 game this year. He came to one of the other games but sold his tickets for a profit and then bought tickets in a different section. The crowd this year is very different in stadium etiquette.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Both games I've been to this season (Bears and Lions) were pretty sad to see. Seahawks chants on offense and not screaming until the opposing O gets lined up? What happened to screaming as soon as they huddle up? Cool thing about the two games, around my section both games had fans from Canada. First game was a group from Ontario. Guy next to us kept asking his group what was going on and rules, etc. But it was cool to see he was actually interested and made the trip. Second game, an awesome group of fans from Toronto that surprised some guy for his Bday. They were loud and rowdy and real 12's. It was awesome. Besides that, the crowd has been pretty weak

It's too bad I've had to sell my remaining tickets cuz I believe if any team can do it, this team will turn it around.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
The entire stadium was standing and yelling most of the game , not 2005 championship game loud but not bad at all type of loud
We just wanted a win and everyone saw it coming

hawxfreak

Reaction score
The entire stadium was standing and yelling most of the game , not 2005 championship game loud but not bad at all type of loud
We just wanted a win and everyone saw it coming