Greg Jennings released by Vikings

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Greg Jennings just thanked his Minnesota fans and made it clear he won't be looking to play in Minny but will keep his home there. He won't likely return to Packer nation either. It leaves Seattle in a good position if JS wants a sure handed veteran pass catcher. Injury was not a concern when Vikings tried to negotiate a pay cut to keep him there.

Tical21

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":1zqhju7a said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/576878793341722624[/tweet]
they forgot, earlier in the game he broke his f'n leg do

HawkFan72

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":ejthe9h7 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/576878793341722624[/tweet]

I read that if he failed a physical, the Vikings are on the hook for all his medical bills. They had committed to pay those for him, so they listed him as a "failed physical" for that reason alone.

EDIT: Found it:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/577500639179055104[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/577500878975848449[/tweet]

Classy move.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Jennings was always a product of Aaron Rodgers, as are Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb.

That the Vikings didn't realize this to begin with is pretty surprising IMO, but it's not even remotely surprising that they didn't keep him a day longer than it took for his dead money to be manageable. If he didn't have a 13 million dollar dead money hit last year they would have already shown him the door.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I line him up to $4 Mil a year. We need a vet WR to teach Baldwin how to be a pro.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Wenhawk":wpnnuql1 said:
I line him up to $4 Mil a year. We need a vet WR to teach Baldwin how to be a pro.

We seriously need a vet. If we could line up Vet and Richardson with Baldwin in the slot and kearse as a 4/jumpball we are looking good. No more ST'ers running routes.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Jennings would be a great pickup for some Veteran leadership and a sure handed additional receiver that fills a need (at least until P-Rich is back).

Even though Jennings didn't have the most amount of Targets or Catches for the Viking's last year he was there #1 deep threat stretching the field with the most receptions and targets of 20+ yards. He's also been consistently in the top 10-15 in least dropped passes for many years. He had a bit of a drop off last year but some of that may be contributed to a new rookie QB and playing through some injuries. Jennings has also been one of the best receivers in the Red zone over his career despite being only average to smaller in size.

Jennings may be the perfect WR to add to this team with our current needs and injuries. I hope he'll come to Seattle on a 1-2 year value deal.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Short term for less than 5 mil.

Absolutely.

Someone will overpay though.

hawksurething

Reaction score
Finally a guy who demands double teams & is a red zone machine! Best pick up on offense since lynch!

Now only thing left to fix is the wideouts to help free up jimmy like he had with saints in Cholston,stills. To make sure he don't Bust without any help out wide

Greg Jennings is still amazing at his age! He just needed good QB play. And got it with teddy.
Here is how amazing Greg Jennings still is at his age... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D1S96gugVX8

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f6LABfiCUbc. Amazing routes,HANDS catcher,tough,jump ball,can beat a double team even at his size & age,TD producer,blocks. 9 catches over 20 yards WOW! All around game with no holes other than size.

http://www.nfl.com/player/gregjennings/ ... areerstats 6 TDs as 2nd option,easily out produced our WRs. Baldwin only had 3TDs as a #1WR option.

Hawks must get him ASAP while other teams think he is too old or still hurt. Steal of FA.

ivotuk

Reaction score
hawksurething":20sj30do said:
Finally a guy who demands double teams & is a red zone machine! Best FA pick up on offense since lynch !

Awshit...there went all yer Attaboys hawksurething. Marshawn was not an FA. Just when things were starting to look up to. :|

Edit: nice find on the videos. I didn't realize this before, but Greg Jennings has a nice forward lean in traffic. He gets his shoulders lowered and leans forward like a running back. It appears to get him a little extra distance on plays.

His hands look good too, some nice catches there with the likes of Matt Cassell and rookie Teddy Bridgewater (who is a pretty damn good QB throwing to him.

IIRC, he doesn't look as elusive or as fast as before though. He's relying on veteran savvy, which is a good thing. Our bevy of young receivers could learn some things from Greg Jennings if he comes at the right price. If not, well that's what wide receiver coaches are for.

kearly

Reaction score
He's still not been linked to any teams, and he was cut almost a week ago. If his market stays this weak a while longer, I would be surprised if Seattle didn't kick the tires.

Jennings would be a nice bandaid to cover for Richardson's absence in 2015. I'm basically writing Richardson off in 2015 due to the severity and timing of his injury, which was similar to Navarro Bowman the year before.

Am I excited about Jennings? No. But he'd basically be an average and experienced WR for dirt cheap. He'd fit in Richardson's 2014 role without much issue. He excels on tempo throws.

Sign him 1 year on the cheap, let him walk for a comp pick in 2016 when Richardson is back in the saddle. I think it makes a lot of sense for Seattle.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
still need someone to fill the WR void. If Graham gets hurt....would be nice to add someone. There are a lot of guys out there that would be minimal money guys and likely a number 2 or even a number 1 on this team.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1l8zph8m said:
still need someone to fill the WR void. If Graham gets hurt....would be nice to add someone. There are a lot of guys out there that would be minimal money guys and likely a number 2 or even a number 1 on this team.

I think Matthews is poised to become the Seahawks #1 WR and the other young guys and a draft pick or two will be enough going forward. The Seahawks don't really NEED to go out and get another WR in free agency. Just adding Graham SHOULD open up the other guys enough to make a significant difference.

hawksurething

Reaction score
rideaducati":2mzaon8m said:
Cyrus12":2mzaon8m said:

I think Matthews is poised to become the Seahawks #1 WR and the other young guys and a draft pick or two will be enough going forward. The Seahawks don't really NEED to go out and get another WR in free agency. Just adding Graham SHOULD open up the other guys enough to make a significant difference.

I hope Matthews does demand double coverage. But if he can't? Its better to be on the safe side and lock up a stud vet just released for cheap. 6TDs is a welcome addition to our pass game,Baldwin only had 3TDs as a #1WR. Yuck.

Jennings is a great teacher for the WRs we draft too.

Jennings,Matthews,rookie,Baldwin,Rookie WR/KR. Lockett gunner. P-rich on IR for 2016.

rideaducati

Reaction score
hawksurething":8pnhjo24 said:
rideaducati":8pnhjo24 said:
Cyrus12":8pnhjo24 said:

I hope Matthews does demand double coverage. But if he can't? Its better to be on the safe side and lock up a stud vet just released for cheap. 6TDs is a welcome addition to our pass game,Baldwin only had 3TDs as a #1WR. Yuck.

Jennings,Matthews,rookie,Baldwin,Rookie WR/KR. Lockett gunner. P-rich on IR for 2016.

You don't get it. You'll never get it. People have tried to explain it and you refuse to listen. Just because you SCREAM it the loudest, doesn't mean you are right.

The only WR that I see in free agency that would be worth A LOOK would be Crabtree and I don't think he would make the team anyway. Jennings offers NOTHING that the Seahawks don't already have on the roster...NOTHING. Speed? Nope. Size? Nope. Elusiveness? Nope. Attitude? Nope. Familiarity? Nope. Age? Nope. The Seahawks don't NEED Jennings or any other WR that is available as a free agent...they just don't.

The Seahawks could draft TWO WRs in the draft and pay BOTH OF THEM combined less than the veteran minimum that would be due to Jennings. Jennings would also be useless in special teams.

hawksurething

Reaction score
rideaducati":4989em6c said:
hawksurething":4989em6c said:
rideaducati":4989em6c said:
Cyrus12":4989em6c said:

You don't get it. You'll never get it. People have tried to explain it and you refuse to listen. Just because you SCREAM it the loudest, doesn't mean you are right.

The only WR that I see in free agency that would be worth A LOOK would be Crabtree and I don't think he would make the team anyway. Jennings offers NOTHING that the Seahawks don't already have on the roster...NOTHING. Speed? Nope. Size? Nope. Elusiveness? Nope. Attitude? Nope. Familiarity? Nope. Age? Nope. The Seahawks don't NEED Jennings or any other WR that is available as a free agent...they just don't.

The Seahawks could draft TWO WRs in the draft and pay BOTH OF THEM combined less than the veteran minimum that would be due to Jennings. Jennings would also be useless in special teams.

Lol i scream like you scream. I scream & Hawks got Jimmy. Lmao. Yay !

But your suggesting hawks a sorry crabtree who is soft & struggles to get open & sucked last year ???

I suggested a stud Jennings who offers 6TDs at least,something hawks did not have. Also you obviously did not watch his 2014 highlights I gave or you would not say he offers nothing hawks don't already have. He is better than every WR on our roster even playing with a rookie QB. Imagine him with RUss.

Go watch 2014 film then you will see how amazing he still is.

TAB420

Reaction score
Can you imagine if Matthews picks up where he left off in SB49? A 6'5 220ib WR and a 6'7 265lb TE....Damn.

hawksurething

Reaction score
TAB420":3nsvy4pp said:
Can you imagine if Matthews picks up where he left off in SB49? A 6'5 220ib WR and a 6'7 265lb TE....Damn.

Sure can. If he does & stays healthy ? Should be the #2 WR at the very least . :)

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Lol at saying Jennings "demands" double teams. Dude hasn't demanded a double team his entire career.