Good news regarding Deshawn Shead

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
olyfan63":1vod7uct said:
Hollandhawk":1vod7uct said:
pacific101":1vod7uct said:
From what I could gather from press releases and reading various insider sources, both DeShawn and Earl were pulled out of the game with class 1 hamstring pulls, which are relatively mild and with some therapy and workout, both should be good to go on Sunday against the Bucs.

I hate to keep sounding like a broken record, It seems apparent to me that whoever is responsible for the conditioning of the Seahawk players, is failing the players miserably, by accepting their present state of health and readiness for playing in the NFL as being sufficient.

<snip>

If the Seahawks want to stop seeing all these injuries that have been plaguing their team this season, they are going to have to push their players to much higher levels of conditioning. A higher level of conditioning coupled with proper dietary needs will go along ways towards being able to avoid these reoccurring injuries, that will stand in their way and deny them the ability to achieve the goals they have set for themselves.
<snip>
Short and simple, superior conditioning equals fewer injuries, equals more Super Bowl titles :) It's not rocket science,
It is going to take everyone from the top down agreeing that this is the problem and then doing something about it.
<snip>
Then the Seahawks management needs to either require the person/s designated to oversee player fitness, to correct that state of affairs, or replace them with someone who does understand the importance of conditioning as it applies not only to role performance on the field, but also to their ability to resist and avoid injury due to their physical condition.

Go Seahawks !!

Is this a serious post? We have a defense that balled out of their minds being on the field for 40-45 minutes in some games and you question their conditioning?? This has to be a joke post.

Since Holland seems to know so much about it, maybe he should reach out to Paul Allen and/or John Schneider and offer to replace the loser S&C coach(es) and fix the problem.

Seriously, Pete has analyzed and thought about this a ton in his coaching career and I'm sure already has the best-of-the-best already on his coaching staff. It's ludicrous to suggest there is some simple fix. Wait, there is. All Seahawks DBs have to only run at 75% speed in games. Our DB's won't pull any hammies but they might give up a long TD pass or twenty.

The reality is that the incredible demands of NFL play and these amazing athletes pushing their bodies to the limit and beyond is going to result in a few injuries, including pulled muscles. It's just silly to think that this is a "poor conditioning" issue. Pete and his staff have always devoted ridiculously huge amounts of thought, time, and effort to how to keep players healthy and on the field. We've seen how careful Pete is about bringing injured players back prematurely.

I think you need to look closely at my post. I think you are talking about the post I quoted.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Sorry Holland, wrong attribution. Now where did I put my damn glasses this morning??!! Fixed in edited post.

RussB

Reaction score
I dont think either earl or shead should play this week. Just let them rest it out. By the way is Tyvis Powell even on the team anymore?

Hawks46

Reaction score
I know since Carlisle has been here, that we have typically had less injuries than most other teams.

He's one of the best strength and conditioning coaches in the league. You're going to tweak hamstrings. That's life in the NFL.

It's also entirely probably that the coaching staff pulled them early to keep any strains minimal.

Latest posts