Good Golden Tate Article

StoneCold

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":3sg18nhj said:
StoneCold":3sg18nhj said:
One article whose intent is to put the issues that came up at the end of last year and this year to rest is hardly not letting go.

SC
Ok then...so exactly who isn't letting it go?

Anyone that doesn't want to take him at his word.

SC

volsunghawk

Reaction score
StoneCold":17l6nrix said:
Hawkfan77":17l6nrix said:
StoneCold":17l6nrix said:
One article whose intent is to put the issues that came up at the end of last year and this year to rest is hardly not letting go.

SC
Ok then...so exactly who isn't letting it go?

Anyone that doesn't want to take him at his word.

SC

Who, based off the article and his references to social media, I would bet that he hears from regularly on social media.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
This piece was very awkward and uncomfortable to read.

Seems like Golden wrote this as more of a PR damage control thing for his own benefit. Personally I don't care about any of this stuff, and IMO personal stuff should stay personal.

Who's he talking out of thinking those things? The people who were trolling him about Russell's wife and the fight with Percy aren't going to change their minds because he said these things were false.

idk, just weird for me.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
After reading that essay I think the void he left by not really mentioning his ongoing relationship with Wilson is what stuck with me. But I get it. Anyone who has ever been friends with a couple, (married or otherwise) that broke up (or divorced in this case) has likely experienced the choice. The choice whether to remain friends with one, or the other, but not both. In addition, it is usually always exacerbated by knowledge of the true reason for the split. Even if he were not the interloper, in this case he likely knows what truly happened and was forced to the decision to side with his GF and thus he chose sides. That it then affected him professionally is likely the reason for the rift between he and his once close friend now. Sucks that it came to that as I would really have liked to see him stay. Best of luck to him.

rigelian

Reaction score
If I were to speculate, I think the split between Wilson and Tate might be due to Tate believing that Wilson didn't intercede with management to get him a better offer to stay here. Might be something as small as Wilson pushing for Baldwin and not Tate. However, no one outside of the situation can know the real reason.

TruHammer07

Reaction score
The point is...black guys dating white women are just looking for trouble.

kearly

Reaction score
hawknation2015":b4plc3gu said:
He meant "accused" by the media, not accused by Wilson -- although I can see why people would be confused by such a glib comment. Fauria also tweeted later that he made a mistake and jumped to conclusions regarding Wilson.

That was my first thought too. The problem though, is why would Tate call Wilson a 'hypocrite' in this context? Tate says that if Wilson cheated with Fauria's GF, that Wilson is a hypocrite. There is no other way to explain that other than if Wilson had accused someone else of infidelity. Fauria did jump to conclusions but that is beside the point, Tate showed his hand.

Doesn't mean that I think Tate is guilty, false rumors are hardly unheard of in workplace environments. But I think it's pretty clear that he was accused by Wilson.

It is equally clear that there is a huge rift between both players, mutually. No Hawks WR drew more targets than Tate in 2013, but he was a ghost in the playoffs. By appearances they used to be super tight. Now they can barely mask their contempt for each other, and it would appear to have happened very suddenly. I don't care about the drama or the personal life stuff, but I do care that Seattle let one of their best players on offense walk for reasons that don't add up.

I agree with Scotte's take, though I'm not exactly keen on the alternative explanation that our QB is the kind of guy who ships out a talented WR for anything short of an earth shattering reason. I mean it could be true (doubtful), but jeez I hope not.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
kearly":10k411l2 said:
hawknation2015":10k411l2 said:
He meant "accused" by the media, not accused by Wilson -- although I can see why people would be confused by such a glib comment. Fauria also tweeted later that he made a mistake and jumped to conclusions regarding Wilson.

That was my first thought too. The problem though, is why would Tate call Wilson a 'hypocrite' in this context? Tate says that if Wilson cheated with Fauria's GF, that Wilson is a hypocrite. There is no other way to explain that other than if Wilson had accused someone else of infidelity. Fauria did jump to conclusions but that is beside the point, Tate showed his hand.

I read it as a misuse of the word "hypocrite."

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I think he meant to say "ironic" and not "hypocritical." And yes, it would directed more at the media.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Why is Tate putting this out now instead of the off season?He is an attention whore who can enjoy his new teams vacation..He might as well get used to it because it will be the norm..We are still playing without him and like Kearly says the guy dissapeared in the playoffs so I will say "do not miss him"..

DavidSeven

Reaction score
He wrote a commentary on the media's treatment of athletes for a professional website, which probably asked him to do it. It's not like he's sending around an unsolicited manifesto ala Jerry Maguire.

kearly

Reaction score
Saying he misspoke is grasping at straws. It is clear from the emotional nature of the tweet, or even the fact that he jumped into the fray unprovoked, that he was directing that at Wilson and meant exactly what he said. He showed his hand.

Also, I hate that some people view this as gossip. I guess for some it might be, but personally I don't see it that way. I could not care less about their love lives, and all things being equal I would prefer the rumor to have never existed. I am simply trying to make sense of something that seems fishy and doesn't add up.

pehawk

Reaction score
Tate can try to spin it all he wants, but I know the rumor itself was a true thing amongst the players. Is it true?

Doesn’t matter, really. Kinda Bush league of Tate to publish this now.

Random note; alot of people on this site probably believed Sadam was involved in 9/11. I mean, that's what was said in the media, must be true.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I sure wish he would have worked out and was still a Hawk. I liked Tate a lot as a player, the effort was high and talent with the ball truly made a difference.

He did have his moments of shame, but he made a lot of huge plays in the process. The guy showed up at my kid's high school after the Super Bowl, after speaking he went outside, backed up his rig, opened the tailgate and started throwing autographed jerseys, shoes and other items for the kids that followed him outside.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
pehawk":37162s5m said:
Tate can try to spin it all he wants, but I know the rumor itself was a true thing amongst the players. Is it true?

Doesn’t matter, really. Kinda Bush league of Tate to publish this now.

Random note; alot of people on this site probably believed Sadam was involved in 9/11. I mean, that's what was said in the media, must be true.
I thought it was Obam...I mean Osama

huskylawyer

Reaction score
I think Tate was underrated and we should have re-signed him.

But.....

Don't think for a second it wasn't calculated for him to reveal this pillow talk right before the NFC Championship Game. He couldn't wait until, ummm, after the Super Bowl and in the off-season? GTFOH....