Good Golden Tate Article

hawknation2015

Reaction score
kearly":28mo55di said:
5. Golden Tate sent out a tweet a few months ago more or less saying that Wilson accused him of adultery with Ashton. Of course Tate didn't admit to actually being guilty of it, but he did say that Wilson accused him of it. Conveniently no mention of that in this article, or any attempt to give his side of the story of WHY it is false, other than saying his girlfriend and Ashton are friends... Tate's article did refer to his friendship with Wilson in the past tense. Tate has made it clear by his statements and actions over the past several months that he's not Wilson's biggest fan these days. But again, point #2.

Wait, what tweet is that? I would be interested to see it because it doesn't jive with anything that has previously been said about the scurrilous rumor.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1k4o2oky said:
kearly":1k4o2oky said:
5. Golden Tate sent out a tweet a few months ago more or less saying that Wilson accused him of adultery with Ashton. Of course Tate didn't admit to actually being guilty of it, but he did say that Wilson accused him of it. Conveniently no mention of that in this article, or any attempt to give his side of the story of WHY it is false, other than saying his girlfriend and Ashton are friends... Tate's article did refer to his friendship with Wilson in the past tense. Tate has made it clear by his statements and actions over the past several months that he's not Wilson's biggest fan these days. But again, point #2.

Wait, what tweet is that? I would be interested to see it because it doesn't jive with anything that has previously been said about the scurrilous rumor.
The one where Christian Fauria accused RW of stealing his GF... Tate called RW a hypocrite or something

-The Glove-

Reaction score
IMG_6024.png

hawknation2015

Reaction score
kearly":30u86grf said:
You gotta parse words a bit:

http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/ ... -tweet.jpg

The part where he says "hypocritical" implies that Wilson was the accuser.

He meant "accused" by the media, not accused by Wilson -- although I can see why people would be confused by such a glib comment. Fauria also tweeted later that he made a mistake and jumped to conclusions regarding Wilson.

When Tate first put the rumor to rest, he said it was "the ignorant minority of people, bloggers, and whoever else" creating the rumor. At that time, he also said he and Wilson were still incredible friends.

Then Tate dissed Wilson's arm in comparison to Stafford's, and said "he's a good QB, I guess." Those comments probably led to the fallout with Wilson. As to why Wilson has not commented on any of this; he's a private person who is above all the drama and rumors.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ShowtimeTate/status/461359166414528512[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ShowtimeTate/status/461359507399266304[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ShowtimeTate/status/461359993430634496[/tweet]

themunn

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2s1an71z said:
When Tate first put the rumor to rest, he said it was "the ignorant minority of people, bloggers, and whoever else" creating the rumor. At that time, he also said he and Wilson were still incredible friends.

Then Tate dissed Wilson's arm in comparison to Stafford's, and said "he's a good QB, I guess." Those comments probably led to the fallout with Wilson. As to why Wilson has not commented on any of this; he's a private person who is above all the drama and rumors.

I'm guessing the fall out happened after the rumours came out. Perhaps from Tate's perspective all it needed was one comment from Wilson saying it's pure nonsense to "clear his name" as such and he didn't get it. Guys fall out all the time, it doesn't have to be about an affair. The people continuing to accuse him of it or saying maybe he got caught before he went all the way are pathetic.

peppersjap

Reaction score
Tate had a great year and is now a Detroit Lion. He needs to let the whole thing go which apparently he can't. He was my favorite Seahawk last year and I still enjoy watching him as a player but to claim the fight never happened when so many players have confirmed it happened (to include Michael Robinson) is ridiculous.
He and Wilson were inseparable until around the Super Bowl, but after that you never saw them together again and he got very catty when Wilson was accused in the Fauria thing. Russell made one statement about his divorce and has never addressed the situation again but a year later Tate can't let it go. This was obviously a save my image attempt for I guess Seattle because no one else cares.
We all need to realize that the only reason we liked Golden Tate was because he played for us, that douche bag move he made against the Rams last year where he waved at the defender as he was heading to the end zone was completely out of line. I'm hoping I wasn't the only Hawk fan screaming at the TV when he did it. He was a complete ass on the field. I really do wish him luck and will still root for him when he isn't playing us but he is the one that needs to move on!
I really doubt he is going to get a very good welcome when he comes back to the Clink next year and that is sad because he was part of something great and he has completely created all the negativity himself!

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Sooo, the official team photo that I downloaded from the official Seahawks web site 7 months before the Percy rumor even started, which shows you with a bruised eye, was photoshopped? Ok, Golden.

Fernie Hawks Fan

Reaction score
peppersjap":2cfsrxkq said:
Tate had a great year and is now a Detroit Lion. He needs to let the whole thing go which apparently he can't. He was my favorite Seahawk last year and I still enjoy watching him as a player but to claim the fight never happened when so many players have confirmed it happened (to include Michael Robinson) is ridiculous.
He and Wilson were inseparable until around the Super Bowl, but after that you never saw them together again and he got very catty when Wilson was accused in the Fauria thing. Russell made one statement about his divorce and has never addressed the situation again but a year later Tate can't let it go. This was obviously a save my image attempt for I guess Seattle because no one else cares.
We all need to realize that the only reason we liked Golden Tate was because he played for us, that douche bag move he made against the Rams last year where he waved at the defender as he was heading to the end zone was completely out of line. I'm hoping I wasn't the only Hawk fan screaming at the TV when he did it. He was a complete ass on the field. I really do wish him luck and will still root for him when he isn't playing us but he is the one that needs to move on!
I really doubt he is going to get a very good welcome when he comes back to the Clink next year and that is sad because he was part of something great and he has completely created all the negativity himself!

I have to agree with this. Myself, I forgot all about this whole Tate/ Harvin issue...and the Tate/Wilson affair...UNTIL Tate himself seems to want to rehash all that B.S.

Golden....let it go and move on, others have and so should you.

p.s. I know I don't post on here much but....this drama queen stuff is aggravating.

MLTHawk

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":39b9qpyg said:
tacomahawk":39b9qpyg said:
Hmmmm two sides to every story. Who to believe the one that has always been silent on the subject, or the one who continuously denies that anything happened. Good try Golden, but sorry I still miss you as a player, but still not buying the story as it was written. Something went down between him and Russell. Don't know what it was, and I am sorry something happened, but something happened.

Agreed. This article does nothing to dispel rumors. In fact all it does is draw more attention to a situation that I don't think is even being discussed right now. Something happened and Tate is basically admitting it:

Golden Tate":39b9qpyg said:
His ex-wife, Ashton, is still best friends with my girlfriend. Russell and I were good friends when I was in Seattle, on and off the field

So his girlfriend and Ashton are still best friends and he and Russell were, as in no longer, good friends...hmmm.

He's not here anymore yet he's still trying to be a distraction for Seattle... :141847_bnono:

I can understand why Golden is not friends with Wilson still. If his girlfriend is friends with his ex-wife, that means they have taken her side in the divorce for whatever reason.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Seems people have a hard time letting go of the Tate rumors. I'll take him at his word until something greater than innuendo and supposition comes along. I think the articles main point is "Don't believe everything you read in the media". So much is speculation that gets treated as fact. Just look at all the rumors of trouble in Hawks locker room this season. Russell's not black enough, Marshawn refused to get on the bus after the Percy trade, etc. The true stuff, that Percy was difficult didn't come out until after he left. The true stuff about not playing together as a unit didn't come out until after KC loss.

When you live in the public eye you often get yours blackened even when you have done nothing.

SC

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Him and Russell had a falling out, he thinks Russ is a big hypocrite. Seattle told him to pack up and go. He wanted more glory and money than he was going to get in Seattle. Him and Percy had a fight, but he could have gotten a black eye numerous other ways just in practice, he says photo shop.

I truly believe that the low ball offer was Russ telling the front office to let him go. Which I am fine with, the QB absolutely has to get to the point where he is a type A alpha. Brady has dictated personnel, so has Peyton. SO should Russ.

Russ has never divulged his reasons. Tate has taken several shots at Russ, some passive aggressive stuff about Stafford being so much better, accusing Russ of being a cheater. Russ has never been afraid to undress Tate on the field, he did it in the SB when Tate turned a first down into a third down, but privately he has taken a high road with Tate, something Tate has not done in return.

I heard a football player(Brandon Marshall) asked on the NFLN what separates Seattle from other teams. I expected a note about Pete's philosophy, the team speed. His answer was a surprise. They love each other. Tate made the financial choice I would have made too, but the low offer from Seattle, IMO, is because the front office (which includes Wilson on pass targets) did not identify him a a core member moving forward. Why? No one has said. But his passive aggressive shots at his former QB are enough to let me know the guy with the better team character was kept.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
StoneCold":3pvtv4ou said:
Seems people have a hard time letting go of the Tate rumors. I'll take him at his word until something greater than innuendo and supposition comes along. I think the articles main point is "Don't believe everything you read in the media". So much is speculation that gets treated as fact. Just look at all the rumors of trouble in Hawks locker room this season. Russell's not black enough, Marshawn refused to get on the bus after the Percy trade, etc. The true stuff, that Percy was difficult didn't come out until after he left. The true stuff about not playing together as a unit didn't come out until after KC loss.

When you live in the public eye you often get yours blackened even when you have done nothing.

SC
People have a hard time letting go of the rumors? How about Golden Tate who just wrote an article about these rumors. Seems he's the one who can't let it go

StoneCold

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":30ptnnlo said:
StoneCold":30ptnnlo said:

SC
People have a hard time letting go of the rumors? How about Golden Tate who just wrote an article about these rumors. Seems he's the one who can't let it go

One article whose intent is to put the issues that came up at the end of last year and this year to rest is hardly not letting go.

SC

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
StoneCold":1c8vrg8m said:
One article whose intent is to put the issues that came up at the end of last year and this year to rest is hardly not letting go.

SC
Ok then...so exactly who isn't letting it go?

Schadie001

Reaction score
kearly":kgd7ra0x said:
1. I like Golden Tate and miss him in Seattle.

2. Whatever he did, or whatever others did to him, really isn't any of my business.

3. Wasn't the bruised eye visible on the actual team photo? Granted, it wasn't easy to see.

4. When Harvin was traded to New York, Breno spoke up saying that there were two fights between Harvin and Tate, but that it wasn't a big deal because players fight each other all the time. I think Breno is right. Tate and Harvin are not the only Seahawks to get in physical fights with each other.

5. Golden Tate sent out a tweet a few months ago more or less saying that Wilson accused him of adultery with Ashton. Of course Tate didn't admit to actually being guilty of it, but he did imply that Wilson accused him of it. Conveniently no mention of that in this article, or any attempt to give his side of the story of WHY it is false, other than saying his girlfriend and Ashton are friends... Tate's article did refer to his friendship with Wilson in the past tense. Tate has made it clear by his statements and actions over the past several months that he's not Wilson's biggest fan these days. But again, point #2.

6a. Saying his GF and Ashton are friends isn't meaningful as any kind of evidence. Maybe she knew and forgave. Maybe she heard it but chooses not to believe it. There are other more entertaining theories. It doesn't really mean anything as evidence, it's like saying something racist and afterwards adding "I have friends who are black." But anyway, point #2.

6b. It is also possible that Tate was falsely accused. A false accusation would make all the pieces fit together well enough, but the only question would be why it was made in the first place. I didn't really expect Tate to elaborate there, but he missed an opportunity to fill us in on the critical detail in his story. Of course, point #2.

7. Last point. Tate saying that he chose Detroit is a bit disingenuous. All things being equal, Tate would be in Seattle right now. He badly wanted to stay here, at times coming across pretty desperate in his desire to come back. How often will you hear a player repeatedly say in the media that he'll take a hometown discount a month before hitting FA? But, Seattle gave him a ridiculously low ball offer, which very much goes against how they overpaid so many other in-house players that they wanted to reward. For whatever reason, Seattle didn't really want Tate back. One of the league's most dynamic playmakers who was home grown. And they didn't want him back unless it was on a bargain bin deal. Tate said Seattle's offer was insulting and personally, I agree with him. But I think knowing this FO, there is probably a reason they lowballed. This FO typically does not lowball their own players. It is possible 6b could be that reason. It is possible it could be a different reason.

8. I appreciate that Tate still loves Seattle and the fans. And again, points 1 and 2.

Kearly great analogy. I think you hit the nail on the head, it's really none of our business what went on in their personal lives. I really think that the proof is in the pudding so to speak, my opinion is Golden isn't here because the Seahawks valued Russell Wilson more than they did Golden Tate. They didn't want the distraction (suggested by their low offer) as obviously something happened between them. Whatever that was IDK nor do I really care though I do have my suspicions.

I do think Golden is bitter that he isn't still here (probably blames Russell) and I don't blame him for taking the deal that he got in Detroit. I'm sure he wishes he had another chance to play in the big game this year that he'll only be watching.

At the end of the day all I can really garner from this article is that Golden cares what people think and doesn't like the feeling he has deep inside. Sometimes it's better just to shut up and press on.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I like the guy, and I think he would be a huge help to this team right now.

Do I think he likes Russell? It's not of my business, but if I had to guess, I would say no. It has nothing to do with ridiculous salon-shop rumors that people try to buy into. Simply put, Golden wanted to come back, and Russell didn't go to bat for him. He may also not have agreed with the reasons why Russell chose to get a divorce, and that may have been part of why Golden didn't get the support he wanted. Obviously, Golden and his girlfriend were very close with that couple. But whatever, that's their business. The other players on this team are obviously still close with him, so that further puts this salacious nonsense to doubt. I'd be ecstatic if I never heard mention of that retarded-ness again.

I enjoyed the article and have no reason to doubt anything in it.