Give me your thoughts on the game

Polk738

Reaction score
I'll start

-Overall pretty good performance by the defense today, pass rush was kind of underwhelming up until the last drive when Dunlap superman'd Haskins for a sack, KJ Wright did KJ Wright things, I feel like he looked better than Bobby today, Not sure why KNJ went to man coverage when Linden Stephens went in for Griffin after getting kicked in the balls, you just knew McClaurin was going to abuse that matchup. DJ Reed may be the best corner on this team and it's not even close, who cares about his height this guy is a serious ball hawk.

Russell Wilson looked very average today, and he throws ANOTHER int, it feels like he just can't go 1 game without a turnover now, I don't know why but it just feels like Pete is SERIOUSLY underutilizing the talent on this team, they averaged 30 PPG the first 5 weeks and now I feel like they are lucky to get 25, don't understand the passes to Swain, Hyde and Hollister when you have Carson, DK and Dissly. Surprisingly no sacks today on Russ, probably one of the best games by the OL that I can remember, I didn't think they would run the ball as good as they did against that defensive front of WA.

-This is probably the best special teams unit I've seen under PC, Dickson had some lead in his foot today with those punts and no misses from Jason Myers, I love the switch to Reed for returns tho he had a close call today with a muffed punt.

your thoughts?

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
The lack of killer instinct to finish a team drives me nuts. The offense could have put the game away with one more score and stalled around mid field twice.
The D giving up easy yards in the middle allowing a couple of long 3rd down conversions was the same

But if someone had told me going in that Russ would not get sacked and it would be a win I gladly take it. I find that interception unfortunate and a good play by the D. Russ actually made the right read. Carson was open in behind it.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
It felt like they started the game with swagger and confidence. They played with high effort.

The running game looked great. The O line did a great job all day.

Wilson managed the game well, and that turnover was just a whoopsie. He gave what the defense gave him and had nice, quick passes to counter their pass rush.
The 4th quarter was a bummer, but it was nice seeing our D line make plays at the end. Robinson, Collier and Dunbar all flashed on the final drive when it really counted.

Great performance today. I'm pumped and can't wait for next Sunday!
The Rams are like a turd that won't flush for us. Hopefully our guys have a great week of practice and prepare for this upcoming championship opportunity.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
I thought before the game it was a loss. I was happy as can be until the 4th. I am happy we got the win and playoffs berth.

Elemas

Reaction score
Lack of killer instinct is a great statement. Put them away. Keep them away.

Regardless, happy we got the dub. A win is truly a win is truly a win.

W

Welshers

GREAT win against a team that had won four straight. I am very happy with the performance, despite us going to soft zone when up 3 possessions and letting them back in the game.

WFT is a top 5 D in the league. We had chances to score more points, most notably the RW tipped pick. But we played a pretty clean game and finished them off in the end despite a horrible call by the refs against us on the final drive. Good game good win.

chris98251

Reaction score
Elemas":q5k4h5cs said:
Lack of killer instinct is a great statement. Put them away. Keep them away.

Regardless, happy we got the dub. A win is truly a win is truly a win.

It's not lack of killer instinct, I think the players have it and want to go after it, Pete other then a game against Buffalo, the famous one against the 49ers with Harbaugh, and the Super Bowl win has almost always taken the foot of the gas. Most our blow outs happen when we get a lead, and the defense scores on picks or gets near end zone turnovers that the offense can score on within a couple plays.

PNW

Reaction score
Firstly I thought it was great to get a win, I would’ve loved to see the offense put another 7 on the scoreboard, but I still love the win! I wasn’t impressed of the performance from our top two highest paid players, we’ll need #3 and #54 to step it up in the playoffs if we’re gonna make a run. There’s no way KJ Wright should be looking better than BWags imo. #3 threw another interception, in fact it was almost 2 if it wasn’t for DK’s pass defense. #3 seemed off on his mid throws, most of them were thrown too long. It would be nice to see him be more consistent down the home stretch. On to the Rams, they always play us super tough, I’m hoping Russ can light it up against them.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Nice win, but it was an effort that almost let Haskins and a bunch of no name NFLers to come back and win it. Its the same effort from the coaching to the players that reinforce my belief that this Hawks team is terribly flawed and not going anywhere in the playoffs. Where Haskins came up short, Rodgers, Brees, and Brady wont. So this game gave the impression that the Seahawks are the same old same old.

OP
OP
Polk738

Polk738

Reaction score
WFT was in a light box most of the game with the 2 high safeties so Carson, Hyde and Wilson made them pay for it on the ground, you could see when they went to a 5 man front Russ started to hit DK with some quick throws but then it went to crap when it was picked off.

Rat

Reaction score
Mostly promising. I said earlier this week, I'd be happy winning something like 17-13. That's pretty much what happened, but it's difficult to not be at least a little disappointed that we didn't play 60 minutes. OL was fantastic, secondary was great, special teams are just absolutely spectacular. Feels like most of our problems today were things that are either fixable or aren't chronic issues.

Russ still seems a bit off. Feels like he was leading his receivers too far. I was really disappointed at that throw to DK in the end zone on that free play where Metcalf came up gimpy. An INT wouldn't have mattered; you gotta give your guy a better chance at it. Had some absolute bullets on slants though.

getnasty

Reaction score
My biggest concern is the offense. I know it was kind of flukey but that pick was a killler. The offense needs to be our strength and that just hasn't been the case of late.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":17xqycum said:
I thought before the game it was a loss. I was happy as can be until the 4th. I am happy we got the win and playoffs berth.

Yup, I did too. Washington is no pushover. Special teams played very good, defense was underrated up until Adams went to the locker room. Then it was a bit dicey. He came back right away, but the overall energy was flat.

The offense did enough to win, but outside of the run game, (including the line, Carson and Hyde), it was pedestrian. This team has to find a 3rd receiver, or continue to struggle. Moore is not it. Swain is okay, but struggles with seperation. The TEs don't seem to be used the same this year, and I'm not sure why.

LTH

Reaction score
getnasty":44cyrgix said:
My biggest concern is the offense. I know it was kind of flukey but that pick was a killler. The offense needs to be our strength and that just hasn't been the case of late.

WFT is a top 5 D... The tipped pass and INT is why they are so good...sometimes you just got to give credit to an amazing play... and that's what that was... washington's D has been doing that to everybody.... the fact that the Hawks got out of this game with no sacks is amazing... I was blown away by that... and I'm not upset that Wilson didn't have a big day.... Look it's not always about Wilson... Washington took the long ball away and trying to force something that's not there is a huge mistake... So yeah would have liked to see that long ball but not at the cost of a win... not against this D...

LTH

getnasty

Reaction score
LTH":ym8o8uil said:
getnasty":ym8o8uil said:

WFT is a top 5 D... The tipped pass and INT is why they are so good...sometimes you just got to give credit to an amazing play... and that's what that was... washington's D has been doing that to everybody.... the fact that the Hawks got out of this game with no sacks is amazing... I was blown away by that... and I'm not upset that Wilson didn't have a big day.... Look it's not always about Wilson... Washington took the long ball away and trying to force something that's not there is a huge mistake... So yeah would have liked to see that long ball but not at the cost of a win... not against this D...

LTH

I agree with everything your saying but still think the offense has been playing poorly. Super happy for win but the offense needs to pick it up if we're going anywhere.

John63

Reaction score
Polk738":mm7c5h2p said:
I'll start

-Overall pretty good performance by the defense today, pass rush was kind of underwhelming up until the last drive when Dunlap superman'd Haskins for a sack, KJ Wright did KJ Wright things, I feel like he looked better than Bobby today, Not sure why KNJ went to man coverage when Linden Stephens went in for Griffin after getting kicked in the balls, you just knew McClaurin was going to abuse that matchup. DJ Reed may be the best corner on this team and it's not even close, who cares about his height this guy is a serious ball hawk.

Russell Wilson looked very average today, and he throws ANOTHER int, it feels like he just can't go 1 game without a turnover now, I don't know why but it just feels like Pete is SERIOUSLY underutilizing the talent on this team, they averaged 30 PPG the first 5 weeks and now I feel like they are lucky to get 25, don't understand the passes to Swain, Hyde and Hollister when you have Carson, DK and Dissly. Surprisingly no sacks today on Russ, probably one of the best games by the OL that I can remember, I didn't think they would run the ball as good as they did against that defensive front of WA.

-This is probably the best special teams unit I've seen under PC, Dickson had some lead in his foot today with those punts and no misses from Jason Myers, I love the switch to Reed for returns tho he had a close call today with a muffed punt.

your thoughts?

Agreed on most but in all fairness it was a tipped int.

xray

Reaction score
getnasty":b5quqisr said:
^
Against any good D the Hawks struggle . Fortunately the opponents with the D's have weak offenses . The Hawks got a gr8 schedule this year .

BubbaGump

Reaction score
I really liked how they established the running game early. I thought DJ Reed had an outstanding game and was glad the Defense came up big at the end. That’s the good for me.

The bad, The team does not seem to have a killer instinct. I attribute that to Pete’s style of play. I have been very critical of him and Russ the last few weeks and I did not see much to change my opinion much. I don’t think that the interception was on Russ as much as some(great play by the WFT defense) but I don’t think he is playing well overall. I still think we are on the same trajectory for one and done in the playoffs.

We just got a gift from NYJ’s BTW.

HawkerD

Reaction score
Jerhawk":19xz09kr said:
It felt like they started the game with swagger and confidence. They played with high effort.

The running game looked great. The O line did a great job all day.

Wilson managed the game well, and that turnover was just a whoopsie. He gave what the defense gave him and had nice, quick passes to counter their pass rush.
The 4th quarter was a bummer, but it was nice seeing our D line make plays at the end. Robinson, Collier and Dunbar all flashed on the final drive when it really counted.

Great performance today. I'm pumped and can't wait for next Sunday!
The Rams are like a turd that won't flush for us. Hopefully our guys have a great week of practice and prepare for this upcoming championship opportunity.
Appreciate your upbeat fan attitude. Even Pete will not say it was a "great" performance. The offensive performance out side of most of the run game was not good at all. There were good power runs between the tackles but those toss plays, jet sweeps and the like really stunk and ended up getting the team behind schedule. The passing game was out of rhythm all day especially in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

The D was solid except for the pass rush (last series was the exception). Lack of pass rush let a sub par QB shine.

DYLcurry59

Reaction score
Happy we got the win (obviously), but like others said, the inability to put games away is troubling.