Give me your thoughts on the game

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
It's understandable that fans get that uneasy feeling when games aren't decided early in the 4th quarter, but there is some serious alternate reality going on if you don't think that's basically how most games end in the NFL. There's a reason there's been something like 40+ comeback wins from double digits down this season. Games are almost always within one score in the NFL. It's how things go when players are getting paid on both teams. Do some of you guys actually watch other games? Now, I'll grant you that Seattle probably (but it's not a guarantee) plays more close games than your average team. Show me a team that consistently closes out double digit leads game after game all season long that isn't the 1 or 2 teams having that 1/2 loss season in a particular year?

AgentDib

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":1xon6uw2 said:
It's understandable that fans get that uneasy feeling when games aren't decided early in the 4th quarter, but there is some serious alternate reality going on if you don't think that's basically how most games end in the NFL. There's a reason there's been something like 40+ comeback wins from double digits down this season.
You may be onto something there but I think you're overlooking an NFC west team.

OrangeGravy":1xon6uw2 said:
Show me a team that consistently closes out double digit leads game after game all season long that isn't the 1 or 2 teams having that 1/2 loss season in a particular year?
The Rams have that killer instinct people here are looking for. They dominated the Giants by eight! points, beat both the Cowboys and the Buccaneers by an impressive three points, and then beat us by an entire TD. Now they did drop both games to the 49ers, lose to the Dolphins, and then lost to the 0-13 Jets today but that's just because the NFL is a very competitive league. If we only had their killer instinct then we'd be dominating everybody.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
AgentDib":1zebwv8w said:
OrangeGravy":1zebwv8w said:
It's understandable that fans get that uneasy feeling when games aren't decided early in the 4th quarter, but there is some serious alternate reality going on if you don't think that's basically how most games end in the NFL. There's a reason there's been something like 40+ comeback wins from double digits down this season.
You may be onto something there but I think you're overlooking an NFC west team.

OrangeGravy":1zebwv8w said:
Show me a team that consistently closes out double digit leads game after game all season long that isn't the 1 or 2 teams having that 1/2 loss season in a particular year?
The Rams have that killer instinct people here are looking for. They dominated the Giants by eight! points, beat both the Cowboys and the Buccaneers by an impressive three points, and then beat us by an entire TD. Now they did drop both games to the 49ers, lose to the Dolphins, and then lost to the 0-13 Jets today but that's just because the NFL is a very competitive league. If we only had their killer instinct then we'd be dominating everybody.
It really is amazing isn't it? I'm sure it's a disease that every team's fans suffer from to some degree. I think it's a prime subject for someone's dissertation.

kf3339

Reaction score
chris98251":20hs29r5 said:
Elemas":20hs29r5 said:
Lack of killer instinct is a great statement. Put them away. Keep them away.

Regardless, happy we got the dub. A win is truly a win is truly a win.

It's not lack of killer instinct, I think the players have it and want to go after it, Pete other then a game against Buffalo, the famous one against the 49ers with Harbaugh, and the Super Bowl win has almost always taken the foot of the gas. Most our blow outs happen when we get a lead, and the defense scores on picks or gets near end zone turnovers that the offense can score on within a couple plays.

Unfortunately, this is so true. If PC could only learn to get out of his own way, we would have a lot more of those kind of games. But I think he just has some kind of mental brain fart that makes him think get a lead, go conservative and play prevent defense that hits him in the head everytime. You would think by now he can see the pattern, but I think he is just ignorant.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I just feel like I watched a game where the Seahawks prepared accordingly. We were all hiding under our collective beds worrying about their front four like they were the four horsemen of the apocalypse. Well, how did that work out for them?

Pretty sure I didn't see any real highlights there. That's good coaching. This was not a game where Russell was required to play All Pro football. Just play within the game plan. Quick reads, get the ball out quick...How many sacks did he take? ZERO.

He didn't need to have lights out stats in this game. We ran for nearly 200 yards people. If you look at this game as some kind of slight on Russell then shame on you. This game was never about letting Russ Cook. It was always going to be precisely what it was. Run the ball, keep Russ clean, and go home with a W.

stack55

Reaction score
Well guys and gals it was good win as they all are. I’ve heard some
Negative rumbling about B’wag, but I thought he had a great game.
He was in on a lot of tackles and covered the middle well. Our OL
Played great today with no sacks. The running game was clicking.
The 4th quarter was a head scratcher, these soft zones drive me
Crazy. I know Peter preaches don’t get beat over the top, but I scream
At the tv wondering why the DB’s give their receivers that big of a
Cushion. Haskins was picking us apart and we never adjusted.
I’d like to see the hawks win another SB but will probably be one
And done.

Smellyman

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":226f5l0u said:
It's understandable that fans get that uneasy feeling when games aren't decided early in the 4th quarter, but there is some serious alternate reality going on if you don't think that's basically how most games end in the NFL. There's a reason there's been something like 40+ comeback wins from double digits down this season. Games are almost always within one score in the NFL. It's how things go when players are getting paid on both teams. Do some of you guys actually watch other games? Now, I'll grant you that Seattle probably (but it's not a guarantee) plays more close games than your average team. Show me a team that consistently closes out double digit leads game after game all season long that isn't the 1 or 2 teams having that 1/2 loss season in a particular year?

It was decided early in the 4th and that is the problem. Been like that way a lot this year and previous years. These games should not be coming down to the final play.

Gio

Reaction score
The fact that we scored our last point (TD from Hyde) at 3rd 13:15 wasn't very flattering. or almost 2 quarters scorless... but still we won and that's all it matters after all.

Elemas

Reaction score
kf3339":ano1swt1 said:
chris98251":ano1swt1 said:
Elemas":ano1swt1 said:
Lack of killer instinct is a great statement. Put them away. Keep them away.

Regardless, happy we got the dub. A win is truly a win is truly a win.

It's not lack of killer instinct, I think the players have it and want to go after it, Pete other then a game against Buffalo, the famous one against the 49ers with Harbaugh, and the Super Bowl win has almost always taken the foot of the gas. Most our blow outs happen when we get a lead, and the defense scores on picks or gets near end zone turnovers that the offense can score on within a couple plays.

Unfortunately, this is so true. If PC could only learn to get out of his own way, we would have a lot more of those kind of games. But I think he just has some kind of mental brain fart that makes him think get a lead, go conservative and play prevent defense that hits him in the head everytime. You would think by now he can see the pattern, but I think he is just ignorant.

I agree. Maybe lack of killer instinct is a bad phrase as it does elude to the players taking their foot off the gas. It's the playcalling, defensive sets, etc. that appear to get more and more conservative with any type of lead we have.

It's things like throwing a screen pass...on 3rd and 15 just because we have a 5 point lead. It leaves you scratching your head.

This is a high scoring offense that ranks high. It gets back to an ever revolving theme you see posted here...and often. Playcalling like your behind. Don't stop being aggressive because you have a two possession lead. Especially with lots of football left. In the NFL, a 14 point lead with 5 minutes to go isn't even remotely close to being over.

Pete's calls remind me of pee wee football where there's a limit to how much you can beat another team down.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
10-4. Dominated them for the first 3 qtrs, that is a much better team then the one that started 2-7... Russ got the ball out quick, no sacks which is great with that front 4 and we ran for almost 200 yrds... Shocking you people still find something to bitch about.

W

Welshers

Ambrose83":3m5iwwa7 said:
10-4. Dominated them for the first 3 qtrs, that is a much better team then the one that started 2-7... Russ got the ball out quick, no sacks which is great with that front 4 and we ran for almost 200 yrds... Shocking you people still find something to b!@ch about.
Exactly this. 10-4 brother.