Geno sucks and coaching

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
Poor coaching and poor qb play when matters is our downfall. No creativity, no urgency, no heart in the red zone. Still love my Seahawks and am optimistic.
Supported. I hate Pete and we aren’t going anywhere until we change our entire philosophy/coaching staff.

OP
OP
O

obe45

Reaction score
Supported. I hate Pete and we aren’t going anywhere until we change our entire philosophy/coaching staff.
It's the offensive coordinator that has no creativity in the red zone. A simple fake run left with tight end motion to the right would of worked everytime. Need them tight ends involved more especially with the wr group we have

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
I’m not disagreeing in the least. I do feel like Pete handcuffs coaches (and has for years) in games where he perceives a team to be “better” so he wants to control all the joysticks, which is counterproductive, so he can “keep it close” and hope for the best. It’s a pussified approach and I’ll not be convinced of the opposite.

On the other side, I’m not on the sideline, in the meeting rooms, nor in the film room… so, sure I have no idea what I’m talking about but the approach I think has worn off with players and the “win in the 4th” shit truly falls on the players to make independent efforts in response to passive, conservative, and Pete’s prototypical bullshit game plans.

OP
OP
O

obe45

Reaction score
I’m not disagreeing in the least. I do feel like Pete handcuffs coaches (and has for years) in games where he perceives a team to be “better” so he wants to control all the joysticks, which is counterproductive, so he can “keep it close” and hope for the best. It’s a pussified approach and I’ll not be convinced of the opposite.

On the other side, I’m not on the sideline, in the meeting rooms, nor in the film room… so, sure I have no idea what I’m talking about but the approach I think has worn off with players and the “win in the 4th” shit truly falls on the players to make independent efforts in response to passive, conservative, and Pete’s prototypical bullshit game plans.
All I know as a fan of 35 yrs is that this year the team has talent all around, playmakers on both sides. Except for quarterback, Geno lacks in his decision making when pressured. I feel the coaches should see that and call plays that are short passes and let the recievers work it. Long drives of running and short passes are where it's at. Just my opinion

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
I felt that way in the 1st quarter when Bengals were aggressive on 4th and 1 and made it, but when presented with the same situation, Pete backed down multiple times. It felt like he was shying away from it and it upset me. It was like he was broadcasting to the opposite team "Yeah we're going to just play it safe, we had 3 tries and it didn't work out so gosh darnit we're just going to punt here and give you guys the ball back"

seabowl

Reaction score
As I’ve said, before, Geno is a good quarterback that can distribute the ball. However, when it comes to crunch time, he almost never seems to get it done. That is the difference between good quarterbacks and great quarterbacks.

OP
OP
O

obe45

Reaction score
I felt that way in the 1st quarter when Bengals were aggressive on 4th and 1 and made it, but when presented with the same situation, Pete backed down multiple times. It felt like he was shying away from it and it upset me. It was like he was broadcasting to the opposite team "Yeah we're going to just play it safe, we had 3 tries and it didn't work out so gosh darnit we're just going to punt here and give you guys the ball back"
Pete has been like that as has coach with Seattle. It's weird that when we try a fake punt or gadget play, we are extremely successful. Pete sees it but doesn't believe it. Russ could cook, Geno can barely boil water, so the confidence in him is limited

OP
OP
O

obe45

Reaction score
Pete has been like that as has coach with Seattle. It's weird that when we try a fake punt or gadget play, we are extremely successful. Pete sees it but doesn't believe it. Russ could cook, Geno can barely boil water, so the confidence in him is limited
In seeing Geno play my Profesional ooinion (lol), is that he needs to work on stepping up in the pocket instead of bailing out. He had protection today if he used it properly

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
All I know as a fan of 35 yrs is that this year the team has talent all around, playmakers on both sides. Except for quarterback, Geno lacks in his decision making when pressured. I feel the coaches should see that and call plays that are short passes and let the recievers work it. Long drives of running and short passes are where it's at. Just my opinion
Ironically, perhaps, that’s what teams do to us. Great point

OP
OP
O

obe45

Reaction score
Pass when we should run , run when we should pass. So frustrating

Lennie

Reaction score
Plus the freakin penalties! Frustrating.

OP
OP
O

obe45

Reaction score
Defense is just tired now. Hope not but it might be a wrap

Dallashawksfan

Reaction score
As I’ve said, before, Geno is a good quarterback that can distribute the ball. However, when it comes to crunch time, he almost never seems to get it done. That is the difference between good quarterbacks and great quarterbacks.
You mean good and garbage?

hawks85

Reaction score
What a god damn day it's been. My ******* TV died and I can't watch the game. I bought another OLED from best buy and I'm currently waiting for it to be picked up. The game will be over by then. I'm just watching the NFL scores from my laptop.