Geno quietly threw for 370

mistaowen

Reaction score
Definitely had a switch flip around 2/3's of the game and he turned it on. So kudos to him for getting mentally right, because he was pretty dreadful up until that huge K9 screen. If that Geno shows up, this team is playoff bound and a contender, if first half/last month Geno shows up it'll be a quick playoff exit, assuming they don't fall off a cliff from this point. Waldron also called a better game I thought after half time, getting the run game going, though overall Geno was just missing wide open reads.

Let's hope this momentum carries into LA because this team will only go as far as he takes them. It's quite obvious Lock isn't coming in unless Geno gets a 4+ turnover outing, even while getting obliterated in Baltimore he never came out. So as fans we just need to hope this is a turnaround game for him.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I hope that TD pass to Walker helps him realize that he doesn't to look for the big plays all the time. He has lots of good play-makers, if the big play is not there, just get it to them and let them do the work.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Tempo. Waldron did what us fans said he should have all along. He stopped getting cute and went for the short passes and the meat and potato stuff. This hunting for the deep ball has to stop. We need to prioritize getting our QB in a rhythm.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Let's pretend, ok, let's pretend Geno's showing Wilson that he too could pull out last minute scoring drives to win games. LMAO, Geno has been setting up those last minute drives by sucking for 3 quarters. Let's just pretend.
Pretend your ass Toffee, A WIN IS still A FU()*NG WIN, EH ?!??!

hawks85

Reaction score
I've said this already, I don't care about stats for how we win, as long as we get that W. Here's a first time reponse from me ever...Geno, good job on figuring this shit out. Good job getting mentally prepared for this game after getting bitch slapped last week.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Tempo. Waldron did what us fans said he should have all along. He stopped getting cute and went for the short passes and the meat and potato stuff. This hunting for the deep ball has to stop. We need to prioritize getting our QB in a rhythm.
💯

Fade

Reaction score
WAS is a bottom 5 defense that traded away their top 2 EDGE rushers, and lost a starting DB early. Geno still struggled for most of the game inspite of the weaker opponent.

Geno played good in the 4th, assisted by some drive extending penalties by WAS.

It delays the inevitable, nothing more.

The same issues on offense exist year after year, regardless of OC. I'm done blaming Coordinators and you should be too.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
WAS is a bottom 5 defense that traded away their top 2 EDGE rushers, and lost a starting DB early. Geno still struggled for most of the game inspite of the weaker opponent.

Geno played good in the 4th, assisted by some drive extending penalties by WAS.
This was the biggest issue for me while watching the game. Geno had so much more reason NOT to play like ass for 2/3 of the game but he DID play like ass for 2/3 of the game. I don't even care who's to blame at this point, but Geno is NOT the answer anymore and I'm worried he'll blow it when it comes to the playoffs.

renofox

Reaction score
After punting yet again midway through the 3rd quarter, the Defense made a nice stop and Geno got the ball with 2:01 left in the 3rd quarter and the Seahawks leading 16-12. Up until this point, the only play of note was the "64 yard TD pass" from a checkdown to KW.

I'm guessing Geno must have undergone a cranial rectal extraction procedure during that last defensive stand, because he started playing like an actual NFL quarterback.

His next three drives:

11p 55y 4:47 FG
10p 75y 4:13 TD
7p 50y 0:52 FG

If Geno could just start a game, and play the majority of the game, with his head extracted, he could be a very good QB.

Unfortunately, history has shown that you usually only get a decent quarter to a half out of him in ~75% of games.

Here's to hoping for more extracted Geno in the future.
🍻

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
A million times this.

Every time we do this, we make progress.

And EVERY time we do this, by the next week, we've reverted to the deep ball.

It's Pete.

Still.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
A million times this.

Every time we do this, we make progress.

And EVERY time we do this, by the next week, we've reverted to the deep ball.

It's Pete.

Still.
I agree with you here 100%. We've had many coordinators here from various different backgrounds. A common theme here is the emphasis on deep shots down the sideline.

The issue is when you have QB's that relied on tempo and rhythm such as Geno Smith and Matt Hasselbeck behind center and are trying to force the deep ball without first getting in that rhythm.

Geno Smith seems to be a QB that really needs to get into a rhythm before he can do much.