Geno Isn't the Guy. Sad to Say (Main)

rcaido

Reaction score
Yes. Statistically, he was a top-15 QB. We'll see where he ends up after this week.

18th yards
22nd Completion percentage
21st TDs
24th Passer Rating

They were 1 for 12 on 3rd downs and i think they only went to the redzone once this game. Last i remember he was dead last on those two, so doubt this helps his stats. Im sure his turn over worthy plays went up to.

So Geno is looking like a top 21 QB now. He was top 7, then top 10, top 12, top 15....Yikes it keeps going up every week.

Xxx

Reaction score
The QB Standings in the 1st Half of the 2023 Season

I had Geno at #7 going into the season BTW.

Tier I:
#1 Mahomes, reluctantly. (He isn't as good as last year.)
#2 Joe Burrow, finally getting healthy off of the calf injury.
#3 Josh Allen
#4 Tua
#5 Lamar Jackson
#6 Justin Herbert

Tier II:
#7 Jalen Hurts, (Might be playing hurt, has more picks than I'd expect.)
#8 Trevor Lawrence
#9 Kirk Cousins (Never ranked him in the top 10 before. Now he is injured and will never be there again. Enjoy your 15 mins. Kirk!)
#10 Matt Stafford
#11 Jared Goff
#12 CJ Stroud
#13 Russell Wilson
#14 Dak Prescott (Poor Man's Russ has almost caught him.)
#15 Brock Purdy (Gotta turn it around AND fast, as he is a tumblin'.)

#Notable Missable: Aaron Rodgers

Tier III:
#16 Baker Mayfield (10TD; 4 INT)
#17 Derek Carr (8TD; 4INT)
#18 Sam Howell (13 TD; 8 INT)
#19 Geno Smith (9 TD; 6 INT)
#20 Bryce Young (7 TD; 4 INT)
#21 Will Levis (4 TD; 0 INT) (Only 1 start.)

#60 PJ Walker (1 TD; 5 INT) (Thoroughly outplayed Geno most of the last game.)
I’d still take Levis or young

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
The way Geno is playing now even the LOB and Marshawn Lynch in his prime wouldn’t be enough IMO. So what is the point of starting him from now on?

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
18th yards
22nd Completion percentage
21st TDs
24th Passer Rating

They were 1 for 12 on 3rd downs and i think they only went to the redzone once this game. Last i remember he was dead last on those two, so doubt this helps his stats. Im sure his turn over worthy plays went up to.

So Geno is looking like a top 21 QB now. He was top 7, then top 10, top 12, top 15....Yikes it keeps going up every week.

What a scrub.
I’d still take Levis or young

Yeah, he's a tumblin'. He'll be bottom 7 at this rate.

From the penthouse to the outhouse real quick.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
The way Geno is playing now even the LOB and Marshawn Lynch in his prime wouldn’t be enough IMO. So what is the point of starting him from now on?

Sunk cost fallacy.

As you objectively point out, you are correct.

However, Pete went with Geno, hitched his wagon, payed him, and is now invested (like some of these posters in this thread.) They will tell themselves whatever they need to tell themselves to make it work in their heads to continue to justify ignoring the obvious we are all seeing.

There is hope, JS smartly structured Geno's contract to get out of it after this year, just in case.

Geno is making the decision easy at this point.

NoGain

Reaction score
I think we're likely stuck with Geno as a our starter the rest of the year. But IMO we have to be open to giving Lock some reps, or a chance when it just isn't working with Geno to see what's there. If PC and JS already know that Lock isn't the guy, then we've got some serious scouting to do this next off season because we need to get one or even two young QB's in here to potentially challenge for the role.

It sucks when you don't have a franchise QB. I grew up in Chicago, and they've been searching for theirs since time immemorial. There are a bunch of teams that have been in the QB desert for years and years. We've had the most cavalier attitude about QB's and the draft in recent years. How else do you explain not picking ONE in the first two days of the draft for well over a decade.

707HAWKfan

Reaction score
Sunk cost fallacy.

As you objectively point out, you are correct.

However, Pete went with Geno, hitched his wagon, payed him, and is now invested (like some of these posters in this thread.) They will tell themselves whatever they need to tell themselves to make it work in their heads to continue to justify ignoring the obvious we are all seeing.

There is hope, JS smartly structured Geno's contract to get out of it after this year, just in case.

Geno is making the decision easy at this point.
How is that only John S decision?

707HAWKfan

Reaction score
It doesn't. I'm just trying to figure out, how anyone can watch him play over his last 16 games and come to this conclusion?
What conclusion tho? You talk like everyone should think how you do and if you don't you get upset. It's a game. When they lose like they did it sucks. You don't think what they're doing is the answer. Somebody else does. Tomorrow life goes on.

ACES 13

Reaction score
I put more blame on the pass protection and poor playcalling over Geno today.

I'm not saying Geno wasn't at fault, because he did have some bad plays, but he was under constant pressure today.
Very well said!

I do believe that we are 5-3?
Any given sunday...

ACES 13

Reaction score
What conclusion tho? You talk like everyone should think how you do and if you don't you get upset. It's a game. When they lose like they did it sucks. You don't think what they're doing is the answer. Somebody else does. Tomorrow life goes on.
👍

rcaido

Reaction score
We will only be as good as our defense cause geno is our qb
The sad thing is, its possible our defense could be paper tiger too, like Geno, and possible record.

In the 8 games

1) Stafford slice them
2) Goff sliced them
3) Dalton sliced them
4) Jones sucked and got destroyed (Boosted defense stat tremendously)
5) Played decent against Burrows
6) Played good against Dobbs
7) Terrible for 3 quarters against PJ Walker
8) Embarrassing game against Jackson

I wouldn't be surprise if our defense i no longer in the top 10 in stats.

Latest posts