Geno Isn't the Guy. Sad to Say (Main)

renofox

Reaction score
Geno's now 2nd behind Josh Allen in CPOE.

View attachment 61275
Geno is great on the horizontal axis, which has almost NOTHING TO DO WITH WINNING.

Completions don't win games, points win games.

The vertical axis deals with points and Geno is mid at best.

He rates slightly above:
Howell
Cousins
Lawrence
Watson
Minshew
Fields
Rider

He ranks slightly below:
Carr
Cousins
Jackson
Wilson
Mayfield
Garrapolo

Top 10 QB? Hardly.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
LMAO!! OMG! OK then...it's a conspiracy!!! Fire Pete! LMAO!!

LTH
You think this isn't on him? I'm curious so prove it. I just said 2 of the 3 realistic options 1.Stip his power 2. Retire 3. Fire him. We did number 1 to Holmgren and he left and we totally reset with Pete. That time is here again be happy we had 15 good years...Weapoption basically tried to get a reaction from me saying the exact same in my post.

Last edited:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
i’ll tell you what, the Hawks could very well be getting the far better value over the next 5 years as far as play for pay.
Devon Witherspoon is a game wrecker on a rookie deal.
He's big time but our secondary isn't or hasn't been an issue. It's the philosophy on defense and offense as the baseline.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Naw...don't want to waist my time. Nothing I'm going to say is going to change your mind.

LTH
I like guys that are intelligent fair enough. But don't be like that LTH I can change my mind if your view makes sense to me. We both love the Seahawks and don't want to be Cleveland or worse.

Ozzy

Reaction score
"We've been thru this dance for 2 years. Piss off dude. Your act is almost as old as a Fade take. You worship an above average at best QB and get your panties in a bunch if people call him out. You talk down to everyone on here. Always have."

This is crying, my man. Also, he has been spamming every Fade post for the past year with off-topic ad hominems, which is also crying. I'm no Fade fan, but it's dreck.

He can disagree all he wants. Geno didn't play well on Sunday. I'm not saying he did, yet I'm being accused of "worship" in this thread. It's feelings-based projection.
First of all be respectful if you're going to post in the main forum. Yuo're accusing me of something that multiple people have called you out for in this very thread. Who did I talk down to and who am I worshiping in this thread or any thread? Bizarre post but again be respectful moving forward

This is a warning for everyone. No need for personal attacks. Keep it civil

Ozzy

Reaction score
As bad as the offense was when it mattered, I'm pretty damn stoked about our Defense. That was an impressive performance. Held that offense, with those weapons to barely over 200 yards on the day.
I've been very skeptical of the defense but I'm starting to become a believer. Witherspoon emerging has been huge and will only continue to do so.

renofox

Reaction score
Looking at posts here and other sites I keep seeing the argument that "HE HAD ONE BADE GAME, LEAVE GENO ALONE!!!".

Rams - horrible game
Lions - very good game
Panthers - average game
Giants - very bad game
Cincinnati - horrible game

3 very bad to horrible
1 average
1 very good

It's not ONE BAD GAME. It's a pattern going back to mid-2022 season.

I hope he can get back to early 2022 form, I just don't think it's going to happen. I'll be happy if he can be average or better in half of the remaining games. If he is, the Seahawks should end up with at least 8 wins.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
First of all be respectful if you're going to post in the main forum. Yuo're accusing me of something that multiple people have called you out for in this very thread. Who did I talk down to and who am I worshiping in this thread or any thread? Bizarre post but again be respectful moving forward

This is a warning for everyone. No need for personal attacks. Keep it civil
The first part of my post is a quote from SoulfishHawk. I didn't do the formatting and stuck to just quotation marks, which mightve caused confusion.

The part in quotation marks was directed at me, by Soulfish.

That's why I said he was crying. Because of the quoted portion of my post.

renofox

Reaction score
I've been very skeptical of the defense but I'm starting to become a believer. Witherspoon emerging has been huge and will only continue to do so.
As long as they remain healthy, this defense could end up being very, very good this year and TOP 3 next year.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Sunday was really impressive. Cincy is a damn good team with a ton of weapons on offense. And one of the best QB's in football. Holding them to 17 points and low 200's in yards? Nicely done, Hawks.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
We've been thru this dance for 2 years. Piss off dude. Your act is almost as old as a Fade take. You worship an above average at best QB and get your panties in a bunch if people call him out. You talk down to everyone on here. Always have.
^^^ This is crying, my man. Also, he has been spamming every Fade post for the past year with off-topic ad hominems, which is also crying. I'm no Fade fan, but it's dreck.

He can disagree all he wants. Geno didn't play well on Sunday. I'm not saying he did, yet I'm being accused of "worship" in this thread. It's feelings-based projection.
@PNW25 Here. Edited the formatting to make it more legible.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Looking at posts here and other sites I keep seeing the argument that "HE HAD ONE BADE GAME, LEAVE GENO ALONE!!!".

Rams - horrible game
Lions - very good game
Panthers - average game
Giants - very bad game
Cincinnati - horrible game

3 very bad to horrible
1 average
1 very good

It's not ONE BAD GAME. It's a pattern going back to mid-2022 season.

I hope he can get back to early 2022 form, I just don't think it's going to happen. I'll be happy if he can be average or better in half of the remaining games. If he is, the Seahawks should end up with at least 8 wins.

Geno's been what most people thought he was, including his GM and coach...........a serviceable game manager who can run the offense when it's clicking and the O-line is blocking well.

When it's not clicking and the O-line is having problems? We get Rams, Giant and Cincy Geno.

So while Geno's playing poorly by most metrics, it's not something none of us shouldn't have expected with the O-line banged up and not giving him clean pockets to throw from, or a run game that's forcing the defense to back off. He presses, he's making mistakes and he's having a hard time finding his receivers.

That's 80% of NFL QB's. Thus the team friendly contract. As Dennis Green would appreciate, he's who we thought he was.

Ozzy

Reaction score
@PNW25 Here. Edited the formatting to make it more legible.
Ok fair enough but the general warning to everyone to tone down the insults and attacking the poster moving forward in this thread remains.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Geno's been what most people thought he was, including his GM and coach...........a serviceable game manager who can run the offense when it's clicking and the O-line is blocking well.

When it's not clicking and the O-line is having problems? We get Rams, Giant and Cincy Geno.

So while Geno's playing poorly by most metrics, it's not something none of us shouldn't have expected with the O-line banged up and not giving him clean pockets to throw from, or a run game that's forcing the defense to back off. He presses, he's making mistakes and he's having a hard time finding his receivers.

That's 80% of NFL QB's. Thus the team friendly contract. As Dennis Green would appreciate, he's who we thought he was.
This is fair. I'm a little lower on Geno than you but regardless this is pretty fair overall.

This past game though he had multiple touchdowns handed to him with decent protection and he just didn't pull the trigger or see them. This isn't something Geno is usually guilty of so maybe its just an outlier type of game for him.

Geno is a bridge and the team is probably trying to figure out a way to get their QB of the future hence the team friendly deal to Geno. Next couple of years there are some interesting prospects so will be ccurious to see if John falls in love with one.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Geno is a bridge and the team is probably trying to figure out a way to get their QB of the future hence the team friendly deal to Geno. Next couple of years there are some interesting prospects so will be ccurious to see if John falls in love with one.
I'm willing to bet John has a QB he wants for this draft and the next one as well in case he doesn't get his QB with this draft coming up, hence 3 year deal instead of 2.