Geno Is a Bridge, Nothing More

hoxrox

Reaction score
How does he provide “stability” in a system that is unknown to everyone at this time? Just because he may know where to park and where the bathrooms are mean nothing. If he is not part of the long term plans we should have someone who is taking their lumps during a throw away season. Not a $30m fossil QB.
It's better to have a veteran take their lumps during the first year of a brand-new regime. Once the system and roster are solidified, then you insert the rookie with a strong support system in place, for his best chance at success.

And as JS said in a recent interview, they're not looking to take steps back before they can move forward. He is trying to compete now.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
First of all: Yay! Another Geno thread!

Second of all: My favorite kind of analysis! Lazy! Let's just compare Yards, TDs, INTs across seasons! And then Passer Rating as well, which is... well, yards, TDs, and INTs!

We didn't think Russ was 'washed up' in 2021 because of his numbers, Russ was washed because his 'basic' numbers hid a fundamentally inefficient player who couldn't keep our offense on the field.

Russ went from a fundamentally successful player to one who was in the bottom half in the league in success rate. (And has stayed bottom tier in success rate ever since.)

Our league worst average TOP per offensive drive was so far to the bottom of the league that the 2nd worst team in the league was as close to being league average as they were to being as bad as us.

This leads me to the worst part of this post, which is the completely ridiculous 'ranking' of all 32 QBs. What is this based on (if it's based on anything at all)? Is it just names you like?

Over the past 2 years, Geno has been better than Justin Herbert by Success Rate, Passer Rating, and ANY/A and almost identical in QBR. Yet Geno is 22 and Herbert is top 5? You have Russ above Geno for what, exactly? Tua is towards the bottom because you came up with a funny nickname for him? And are you actually trying to rank a bunch of rookies who may not even start next year?

Was any thought put into this ranking whatsoever? Or was this just an exercise in self-indulgence?

EDIT: And HTAF do you rank Dak Prescott below Russell Wilson?

Last edited:

SeaWolv

Reaction score
First of all: Yay! Another Geno thread!

Second of all: My favorite kind of analysis! Lazy! Let's just compare Yards, TDs, INTs across seasons! And then Passer Rating as well, which is... well, yards, TDs, and INTs!

We didn't think Russ was 'washed up' in 2021 because of his numbers, Russ was washed because his 'basic' numbers hid a fundamentally inefficient player who couldn't keep our offense on the field.

Russ went from a fundamentally successful player to one who was in the bottom half in the league in success rate. (And has stayed bottom tier in success rate ever since.)

Our league worst average TOP per offensive drive was so far to the bottom of the league that the 2nd worst team in the league was as close to being league average as they were to being as bad as us.

This leads me to the worst part of this post, which is the completely ridiculous 'ranking' of all 32 QBs. What is this based on (if it's based on anything at all)? Is it just names you like?

Over the past 2 years, Geno has been better than Justin Herbert by Success Rate, Passer Rating, and ANY/A and almost identical in QBR. Yet Geno is 22 and Herbert is top 5? You have Russ above Geno for what, exactly? Tua is towards the bottom because you came up with a funny nickname for him? And are you actually trying to rank a bunch of rookies who may not even start next year?

Was any thought put into this ranking whatsoever? Or was this just an exercise in self-indulgence?

EDIT: And HTAF do you rank Dak Prescott below Russell Wilson?
Totally agree with this. Geno is not #22:

12forlife

Reaction score
Gardner Minshew above Dak and Geno is absolute Cowherdism
I think this holds water. Geno & Dak have had considerably better weapons to work with. I believe you could put them all in the same tier with Garner being on the top.

Maulbert

Reaction score
It really frustrates me as someone who still wants Geno around that anyone would think that fans who support Geno are arguing anything other than this. He's been in the league for a decade and had some success. It's hard to find a good veteran a rookie can sit and learn behind. And for people whining about him being paid $30m, he's not. He'll only get that if he has success, which is a win-win for Seattle. Either he plays well or he costs less, and we aren't throwing a rookie to the wolves.

keasley45

Reaction score
Which sb did he win?
If you're trying to say he didn't play well enough to win that SB, I don't even know what to say about it...

The fact that the refs stole the game does nothing to diminish the fact that we were there with him at the helm...

Him and his 65% completion rate, 3450 passing yards, 24 TDs and 9 Ints and 98.2 rating.

Elite?
Nope

Was Russ elite when we won?

With a 63% completion rate, 3300 yards, 26tds and 9 int's and 101 rating, 67 qbr?

Elite? Nope.

The year we lost? 63% complete, 3500 yards, 20tds v 7 ints and 103 rating, 69 qbr?

Still not.

Vs

70% completion, 4400 yards, 30TDs v 11 ints. 101 rating, 63 qbr

And THAT stat line we want to unequivocally say CANT get us to the Owl?

And Russ had elite play at every level supporting him on our SB runs.

Geno's defense, line and running game... Watching them play just gives you the runs.

DirectMessage

Reaction score
Matt Hasselbeck was elite . Just not 15 seasons worth. I could understand why he wouldn't make HOF but he was damn good for a minute. If Superbowl is the cutoff , there are lots of QBs not making
The hall of fame .
If Matt had the LOB, they would say he was elite. Sometimes I think the tragic death of Frank Shurmur kept Mike from winning another Superbowl with the Hawks.

WarHawks

Reaction score
I would rather see the rookie thrown to the wolves than watch Geno start another year or two.

That will be another two years wasted.
Yup. Russ managed just fine, and he was a 3rd round pick.

12forlife

Reaction score
Yeah, see? Cowherdism.
Geno & Dak can't or should I say haven't proven they can do anything with a team that Garner hasn't. I would like to hear your argument that Garner also did this with less play makers around him?
Oh and take your "cowerdism" and stick it in your brown eye!