Geez, folks

justafan

Reaction score
I got by on free tickets because noone want to go to the games. ^ thats funny

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It feels like you are taking the wrong lesson from 92.

That defense was fantastic. Not just good.

Kennedy. Robinson. Hunter. Blackmon. Sinclair. Porter. etc.
Hunter & Harper were fantastic on each side. Our safeties were ball hawks. Kennedy was better than the guy playing for the Rams right now - and both Sinclair and Porter were fantastic at bringing pressure from the edge.

Great defense, worth watching even in a loss.

Now weirdly, go back and look at the offense and it had a lot of effective pieces.

Warren. Jon L Williams. Blades. (Kane was up and down but not terrible).

The real problem was it had no QB. Not that it was a terrible group.

Sure we lost way more than we won, but as a football fan you saw some fantastic defense.

The lesson was (and still is):
If you have no QB, then you have no chance.

1992 was a team with no QB and therefore little chance at a win. Right now some think that getting rid of our QB will fix everything, but 1992 is a cautionary tale about what happens to teams with solid rosters that have no QB.

NOTE:
(We don't have a solid roster, which makes it even worse)

LTH

Reaction score
To be honest I never really thought that in the 2 SB years that Wilson was lights out... I always thought that Carroll leaned on a great D and a great running game...Not to say that Wilson was bad, but he wasn't lights out as I remember it.

LTH

justafan

Reaction score
LTH":9lzey8fd said:
To be honest I never really thought that in the 2 SB years that Wilson was lights out... I always thought that Carroll leaned on a great D and a great running game...Not to say that Wilson was bad, but he wasn't lights out as I remember it.

LTH

He has always been streaky.The good always outweighed the bad.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I don’t know why mediocrity and clearly degrading play and turmoil is acceptable to posters here.

This is not 1992 level of play standards.

You either build a functional organization or you do not want to try.

A majority of posters here want to try and build a successful organization cause the current front office has squandered opportunity after opportunities.

It’s time for a change.

The standard is high quality of play, not necessarily, Super Bowl victories.

xray

Reaction score
GeekHawk":2oklk44y said:
Not one of you a-holes would have survived 1992, I'm sure of it.

^
That's back when after a good or bad game day ; you had to use an actual 'telephone' to vent about the game with another fan / friend . Or wait till Monday at work to talk about the game at break or lunch . Normal chit then .

xray

Reaction score
I started following and watching the Hawks from my cabin by Bigfork Mt during the 70.s I had an old over air antenna that I had set up to turn direction from the ground . The broadcast was coming from a local station in Kalispell . Many times during games when the weather was going bad ,I had to go outside and twist that antenna several times during a game . Some in here remember the old days I'll bet .

chris98251

Reaction score
xray":233qi2vq said:
I started following and watching the Hawks from my cabin by Bigfork Mt during the 70.s I had an old over air antenna that I had set up to turn direction from the ground . The broadcast was coming from a local station in Kalispell . Many times during games when the weather was going bad ,I had to go outside and twist that antenna several times during a game . Some in here remember the old days I'll bet .

Directional antennas and Rabbit ears, Coat Hangers being used as antennas for the TV's that had that tubular antenna that always seem to break, yeah I remember.....

Why I laugh when people have their 70 inch TV's and complain about the picture quality on the digital screens that is almost like being there versus the snowy grainy if you could make out what was going on pictures back then some days you considered it a win.

Oh that doesn't include sound, sometimes Picture or sound was a choice you had to make a picture you could see versus a static sound or a half bad picture with sound or maybe no picture but sound.

sutz

Reaction score
Didn't do that, but for the 70's through the 90's I lived out of the area. Had to follow the Hawks by newspaper articles, usually just a paragraph or two on the NFL page of the sprots section. Occasionally got to see them on TV, usually when some SoCal team played them, like the Lambs or the Raiders. Or on the rare Monday night broadcast.

Good times, I guess.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Awe, the old Curtis Mathis 27”!

“While you’re up will you change the channel to the game?”. Or, the old push button cable tv box! Don’t miss those moments, although it got you off the couch.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Stomping the floor while sitting on the couch across the room, or throwing a shoe directly at the TV in order to get the reception to pop back in, so you didn't have to get up and jiggle the antenna.

Good times.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
xray":1m26n1ac said:
That's back when after a good or bad game day ; you had to use an actual 'telephone' to vent about the game with another fan / friend . Or wait till Monday at work to talk about the game at break or lunch . Normal chit then .
So much this.

People today have too much instant gratification, or so they think, with the internet. Being able to gripe and quickly find someone else that feels the same so they can sure up their feelings and give a false sense of being right. When in reality it's just that they are fans that have an emotional connection to their team.

Latest posts