25 Year Anniversary?

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
It occurs to me that Seahawks.Net started as Seahawks98.com. So isn't 2023 then the 25th anniversary? We need to celebrate! Who's been around since the beginning? My first participation I think was '99 or '00. Hard to remember totally. Who (besides Aros) goes back to the beginning?

Thanks, Todd (Aros) for founding this amazing place! And also never letting your soul totally depart amongst the owners who have left their imprint over the years. Lots of memories and personalities. Many good teams, a few great ones, and a couple of awful ones. Through it all the community has survived.

pmedic920

Reaction score
It occurs to me that Seahawks.Net started as Seahawks98.com. So isn't 2023 then the 25th anniversary? We need to celebrate! Who's been around since the beginning? My first participation I think was '99 or '00. Hard to remember totally. Who (besides Aros) goes back to the beginning?

Thanks, Todd (Aros) for founding this amazing place! And also never letting your soul totally depart amongst the owners who have left their imprint over the years. Lots of memories and personalities. Many good teams, a few great ones, and a couple of awful ones. Through it all the community has survived.
Great post.

Thanks

seabowl

Reaction score
I think I still have my “Got Galloway“ .Net shirt somewhere around.

morgulon1

Reaction score

Pretty cool. I was on quite a lot spring of 2000 ( as Morgulon ). I remember you and Aros of course.

Allweatherfan

Reaction score
I started in early 2000. Still lurking. Somewhere there is a pic of my 22yr old daughter as a baby in a seagals uniform from the early days lol. I'd love to find that someday!

JPatera76

Reaction score
I started around 2001 and this place a “home away from” while I deployed and stationed in a few other countries. But then I took a few yrs off as I was trying to “integrate” myself back into the civilian world and was going to school. Forgot the original email I used so started over.

keasley45

Reaction score
Before my posts on .net, I posted once to a forum in 1998. I remember because the subject was how we got hosed by the refs on the Testeverde helmet TD that emilmenated us from the playoff race. I said that it was probably the best thing for us, because Erickson would otherwise keep his job, and that if instead he were fired for again missing the playoffs, we'd end up luring Mile Holmgren here and all would be well in the long run.

After it happened, I got a message from someone on the site asking what crystal ball I was using...

Was just playing out a best case, hopeful scenario that would never have been if not for getting 'shafted'.

hugecanoli

Reaction score
I won one of the first giveaways on Seahawks98.com...a signed Brian Blades picture!

The years have passed, my belly is much bigger, but I'm still here and always will be.

Aircrew

Reaction score
I was forward deployed in '01 when I discovered .net, one of the few bright spots for me at that time. The young fans won't know this, but there was a time when news about the Hawks, especially if you were on the east coast, was relegated to a short blurb at the end of SportsCenter or a score in the sports section of the monday morning paper. .Net was such a breath of fresh air of Seahawks news and notes and for me a little taste of home. Really grateful for what Aros had the vision to start here.

Last edited:

sutz

Reaction score
Found this place in the early Oughts, definitely prior to 2k3, as I remember logging on from my work computer at the time. :)

Basically check in here several times a day. It's the best place to find Seahawks news and fan commentary.

Secondarily, I can discuss Mariners during baseball season while the NFL is in time out.

Thanks Aros for bringing this site to be and for nurturing it over the years.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I can't say I was here at the second it began, but I did start here during the 98 days. That was back when Todd ran a news and information page while linking to the old boards with the AFC West Warzone. I actually got my first PC in '98 and was looking for Seahawks news and found a board on the sporting news website. It wasn't very good, but there was a post there talking about this place and the associated boards and I've been hooked ever since.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Seahawks.NET will always be one of the most proudest accomplishments of my life. I am so thrilled how the site has forged friendships through the years and been a beacon of light in the darkness for Seahawks fans, especially in the early years when there really was no other major source of Seahawks-related news and information.

Through all the ownership changes, members coming and going, .NET still continues to be a gathering place for diehards and I couldn't be happier. Happy 25th .NET!

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I was forward depolyed in 01 when I discovered .net, one of the few bright spots for me at that time. The young fans won't know this, but there was a time when news about the Hawks, especially if you were on the east coast, was relegated to a short blurb at the end of SportsCenter or a score in the sports section of the monday morning paper. .Net was such a breath of fresh air of Seahawks news and notes and for me a little taste of home. Really grateful for what Aros had the vision to start here.
I wasn't here that early but I feel your pain about living in the east and trying to follow the Seahawks. Before the net and Sunday Ticket, I actually subscribed to a Seahawks newspaper (I can't remember the name) that would arrive here about a week late. I think it was a weekly or bi-weekly publication. So, I could keep up, but not exactly in a timely manner. Anyway, congrats to Aros and everyone else responsible for keeping this site up and running and here's hoping for another 25 years.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Seahawks.NET will always be one of the most proudest accomplishments of my life. I am so thrilled how the site has forged friendships through the years and been a beacon of light in the darkness for Seahawks fans, especially in the early years when there really was no other major source of Seahawks-related news and information.

Through all the ownership changes, members coming and going, .NET still continues to be a gathering place for diehards and I couldn't be happier. Happy 25th .NET!
I found myself thousands of miles from the PNW for work and .net was my connection to like-minded people. It made me forget the distance at least for a little bit. Many years and good times later Im thankful.

Thank you Aros

Latest posts