Funny how similar Carroll/Shanahan have done things...

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
- Both took control of their teams in 2010

- Both drafted left tackles with their first draft picks in the top ten

- Both drafted pass rushers in the mid first round (Irvin #15 overall, Ryan Kerrigan #16 overall)

- Both ended the 2011 season having gone two drafts without finding a defining answer at QB. Washington had Grossman/Beck, Seattle had Tarvaris Jackson.

- Both teams appear to really click in year three, making the playoffs.

- Both run offenses featuring the ZBS with a focus on the run and not turning the ball over

- Both had success starting rookie QB's in 2012.

The only difference is the big one really - how they found their QB. Washington spent three first round picks to get Griffin III, Seattle took Wilson in round three.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
Being a value shopper, I would have to take our "3 in 3" over their "3 for III" anyday.

KDawg_ES

Reaction score
oregonhawkfan":244jwll5 said:
Being a value shopper, I would have to take our "3 in 3" over their "3 for III" anyday.

Maybe. But I bet you'd love RG3 if Seattle made a trade up for him, too.

I like the way both teams got their guys. The 'Skins finally made an aggressive move that made sense. Seattle took a guy that they thought would be a total stud.

For the record, rumor has it Shanahan had Wilson targetted as our pick when we took Cousins, but you guys snatched him up. Damn you, Seattle. Damn you :)

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I wonder if this will end up developing into a bit of a rivalry over the years with multiple post-season meetings. Teams built in a very similar way.