Fred Jackson is a Seahawk

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":ku3hq2ez said:
Adding Fred Jackson might be the most underrated thing we did this year. Yes he is 34, but I believe he still have something left in the tank, especially since he will be contending for a ring, playing behind one of the best RB who trust him and acknowledge him as his big brother.

Before the threat was Wilson and Lynch in the running game, now you add in Fred Jackson and you got a triple threat behind that O-line, and we aren't talking about Graham or Lockett in the passing game yet.

Who's gonna want a ring more than Fred Jackson? And I'm thinking Marshawn by association. And I'm thinking that thinking will rub off. If anyone needed motivation, this could be a cool direction.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Looks official.

[instagram]https://instagram.com/p/7T9LWdtf68/[/instagram]

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
It was nice checking the Bills forums under the topics of Fred coming to Seattle and how much love and respect the fans there have for him and how they are happy he is in Seattle of all places.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Bigbadhawk":32hlesby said:
It was nice checking the Bills forums under the topics of Fred coming to Seattle and how much love and respect the fans there have for him and how they are happy he is in Seattle of all places.
Yep. I'm now a Bills fan even though they have no chance
That fanbase is pretty damn cool. I say, let's win one for Fred. It will screw the Patriots over right?

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Jackson is an underrated pick up just like Kevin Williams was for our defense last year. There are a lot of parallels and I think it is a great addition I look forwarding to seeing in action.

Throwdown

Reaction score
The last 3 years jackson's average has been meh

2012: 3.8
2013: 4.2
2014: 3.7

I'm not seeing how this is going to help...

RiverDog

Reaction score
We wouldn't be doing this if it wasn't for the injury to Turbin. With the team having lost all confidence in Michael and the feeling that Rawls was not ready for Prime Time, we were a bit desperate for a backup RB that could block, a necessary requirement considering the group of turnstiles we have along the OL, and take some pressure off of Beast. Plus Jackson and Beast are buddy-buddy, and if all Jackson does is keep the Beast properly motivated, he'll be worth it.

Don't fret about his YPC. That's not what he was brought in here for.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Throwdown":2gzk5m7h said:

If he's job was to be our bell cow back then it wouldn't. He's a backup that can block and catch.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2lt6esvr said:
Throwdown":2lt6esvr said:

If he's job was to be our bell cow back then it wouldn't. He's a backup that can block and catch.
Fred better be all world as a pass blocker, because when he and Graham see the field at the same time, defenses will be nickel and dime and blitz Russ.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1r4m1in4 said:
Tech Worlds":1r4m1in4 said:
Throwdown":1r4m1in4 said:

Fred better be all world as a pass blocker, because when he and Graham see the field at the same time, defenses will be nickel and dime and blitz Russ.
He's a backup scottie. I'd like to think Lynch will still be the one on the field in 3rd down situations. He caught too many little passes that turned into big plays in the past for him not to be.

themunn

Reaction score
Throwdown":2rt6nahs said:

Sure, but he also had 66 receptions last year for 501 yards. That's as many receptions as Doug Baldwin (our leading receiver) had (albeit, for less yards, obviously).

He's exactly what we need as a 3rd down back, smart pass blocker, good hands and the ability to rush for around 4 YPC, which, incidentally is exactly what Lynch's YPC was in Buffalo before he joined us.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
themunn":34zhbhlt said:
Throwdown":34zhbhlt said:

Sure, but he also had 66 receptions last year for 501 yards. That's as many receptions as Doug Baldwin (our leading receiver) had (albeit, for less yards, obviously).

He's exactly what we need as a 3rd down back, smart pass blocker, good hands and the ability to rush for around 4 YPC.
Isn't that what Lynch is?

themunn

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1iyvmy1d said:
themunn":1iyvmy1d said:
Throwdown":1iyvmy1d said:

He's exactly what we need as a 3rd down back, smart pass blocker, good hands and the ability to rush for around 4 YPC.

It's a wonder Turbin or Michael ever got on the field when we have a guy like Lynch! You can't have him take every snap, it's just not possible, particularly with his physical running style. He's now a guy with over 2000 carries entering his 9th year in the league. You need a guy to spell him.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
themunn":25fqmk0y said:
Tech Worlds":25fqmk0y said:
themunn":25fqmk0y said:
Throwdown":25fqmk0y said:

It's a wonder Turbin or Michael ever got on the field when we have a guy like Lynch! You can't have him take every snap, it's just not possible, particularly with his physical running style. He's now a guy with over 2000 carries entering his 9th year in the league. You need a guy to spell him.
I understand what you are saying but I wouldn't do it on third down. I'd mix him in throughout the game but putting him in on third down just Telegraphs pass IMO. Plus Lynch being on the field on third down will open up things in the passing game by keeping the defense honest.

Mike 4G

Reaction score
I thought I saw that he gave up 0 sacks in over 80 pass pro plays last year. This move helps address back up and line help. Would rather he block than Jimmy.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I understand that Fred Jackson and Lynch are very tight. Could this be a move to appease the beast into playing a few more seasons?

Mike 4G

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1adp1b2v said:
I understand that Fred Jackson and Lynch are very tight. Could this be a move to appease the beast into playing a few more seasons?
Probably doesn't hurt for sure.

themunn

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3rxt3ss6 said:
I understand what you are saying but I wouldn't do it on third down. I'd mix him in throughout the game but putting him in on third down just Telegraphs pass IMO. Plus Lynch being on the field on third down will open up things in the passing game by keeping the defense honest.

I mean the whole "3rd down back" thing is a misnomer anyway - really it's a back for obvious passing situations, so you're not really telegraphing pass because that's what was expected anyway. Furthermore, like Turbin he'll probably come in for the 2 minute drill on fresh legs since you want to move hurry-up then (which generally brings more passing attempts also).

Anyway, it's not like a 4 YPC means much anyway, simply put it means he doesn't have breakaway speed - he's rarely going to break off a 20+ yard run (in fact, he managed just 2 in the last 3 years), but you're usually only going to need 5-10 in the situation where you have a 3rd down with a running back - on 3rd and 10+ you don't really expect even Lynch to be out there getting those yards often.
It's those breakaway runs that make YPC look better. One 40+ yard run easily turns an overall 3.9 YPC average into a 5.1 YPC (see Christine Michael circa 2014).
Even Marshawn's decent looking 4.7 YPC average last year looks a fairly pedestrian 4.4 if you exclude his 79 yard beastquake 2.0, and a below-average 4.2 if you exclude his next 2 longest runs. Not that I'm saying that makes them average backs, but a 4 YPC back with multiple long runs is worse than a 4 YPC back that never breaks away (although granted, last year was easily the worst of Jackson's career for straight up rushing, but the Bills have had an absolutely woeful rushing O for many years now)

Latest posts