Russell Wilson sets deadline for new contract

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
DrDix":2zi4h1op said:
Why does this team consistently just refuse to pay the star players, our best players?

The god damn franchise QB we have and still nothing.

If fans should be upset at anyone it's the front office who consistently love to refuse to pay players who deserve it and thus alienate not only the players themselves but the fans.

Every other team that is in need of a QB would sign Russ to what he deserves in an instant but nah we're the Seahawks, it's our way. Doesn't matter if you're by far the most important piece to the puzzle of this team or not.
Possibly because players keep coming up with bullshit ultimatums.

Do you expect the team to kowtow to the players?

If they want to redo their deal 2 years early, is that OK? If they want to declare what day they want their deal by, is that OK? Will it be OK when they want it all guaranteed, too, as long as it's done by ultimatum?

And once the players determine when they restructure,how much they get, and how much is guaranteed, who's going to control the salary cap?

randomation

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":1eqxhawb said:
DrDix":1eqxhawb said:
Why does this team consistently just refuse to pay the star players, our best players?

If fans should be upset at anyone it's the front office who consistently love to refuse to pay players who deserve it and thus alienate not only the players themselves but the fans.

Every other team that is in need of a QB would sign Russ to what he deserves in an instant but nah we're the Seahawks, it's our way. Doesn't matter if you're by far the most important piece to the puzzle of this team or not.

If they want to redo their deal 2 years early, is that OK? If they want to declare what day they want their deal by, is that OK? Will it be OK when they want it all guaranteed, too, as long as it's done by ultimatum?

And once the players determine when they restructure,how much they get, and how much is guaranteed, who's going to control the salary cap?

He told them in January when he wanted it done lol. Not Russ's fault that Schneider likes to not negotiate until close to the draft. Also it's the last year of his deal not 2 years early.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
randomation":2vbzqsko said:
KiwiHawk":2vbzqsko said:
DrDix":2vbzqsko said:

He told them in January when he wanted it done lol. Not Russ's fault that Schneider likes to not negotiate until close to the draft. Also it's the last year of his deal not 2 years early.
Kam was the one who gave the ultimatum to redo his contract with 2 years to go. I was using examples of ultimatums, not saying Wilson had two years to go.

I like that we held on to Wilson but it's a dangerous precedent to give in to ultimatums.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
But wait, the fans know exactly what goes on behind closed doors. I mean, the media told them what Russ is demanding etc. :?

onepicknick1

Reaction score
They sat there and said he wanted % of the salary cap seems like the could of done the franchise tag and been better off.

mikeak

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2gs9s9qh said:
But wait, the fans know exactly what goes on behind closed doors. I mean, the media told them what Russ is demanding etc. :?

People that think that RW and his agent didn't help spread those rumors are continuing to believe that Russ walks on water.

I wanted this deal, I think it is a good deal, trading RW would have been STUPID, but he and his agents aren't stupid. They helped fuel the fire, then they set the deadline and they got a deal they wanted.

The team did their part

In the end they met where they needed to and got it signed and both parties played the game well. Blaming the media for communicating information they are fed by both sides is looking at the wrong people

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nothing new with a football player trying to get a deal. We will never know.
The media flat out MADE CRAP UP to get clicks. A good portion of it wasn't even close to the truth. So yes, the media, as usual had people believing what they say as gospel.

mikeak

Reaction score
You think, are speculating and are making up based on no evidence as a big deal was signed doesn't prove that point

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
People will believe what they want to, regardless if it's based on facts. Oh well, he's here, we can now concentrate on what to do with Frank and Bobby.

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":wd3836ex said:
People will believe what they want to, regardless if it's based on facts. Oh well, he's here, we can now concentrate on what to do with Frank and Bobby.

I already have that figured out. :twisted:
Clark over $16M is out so trade him and obviously work to keep Reed and Wagner.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Will be very interesting to see what happens before the draft. Feels like a Clark trade is a real possibility. I like the guy, but I guess I just don't see him as a 20 mil a year guy yet. And if I had to choose between keeping him or Bobby, it's Bobby w/out a doubt.