Former Colts GM Ryan Grigson lands with Hawks

chris98251

Reaction score
Maybe John brought him in so he can see what Wags and Wilson do and then ask how many championships and super bowls Luck brought the Colts. :p

Jville

Reaction score
Maulbert":4i35vjxg said:
Never forget: Grigson won Exec of the Year over John Schneider for simply drafting Luck 1st overall the year Seattle drafted Wilson and Wagner.
^^^^^^ I suspect that had everything to do with the NFL story line surrounding Indianapolis that year rather than candidate consideration.

Another different aspect for Grigson as (Colts) GM was having full responsibility for making the team’s picks as opposed to the hierarchy of the previous teams he worked for (St. Louis and Philadelphia), where the head coach had more sway or a committee approach was used.[urltargetblank]http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/indianapolis-colts-ryan-grigson-general-manager-nfl-draft-picks/l4q0qgl10yu21lu2rn5o5c5n1[/urltargetblank]
With John Dorsey and now John Schneider, Grigson is has returned and moved on to joining what works better ..... i.e. consensuses building. John Dorsey and John Schneider enjoy a shared background and solid relationship. I am inclined to assume that Grigson comes to Seattle with a good recommendation from Cleveland's John Dorsey.

Interesting that, on the same day, the Seahawks added a front office man and a linebacker whose last stops were with Cleveland's John Dorsey.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It's not as if this executive is completely clueless and unable to assess players. I think if JS and PC are happy with him as part of their team I'm perfectly OK with it too. The more talent the FO has the better job they can do gathering up quality players.

The knee jerk he sucks response fails to consider the crazy situation faced by the FO in Indie with Irsay and and the frequently broken Luck.

Besides there is clear difference between Grigson and Seattle's FO. The Colts have not done very well as far as their record and have consistently drafted earlier than Seattle.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I just puked in my mouth a little bit...talk about heading in the wrong direction. Imagine if JS leaves?? This guy could be the heir apparent. Scary....

Jville

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3skuwimb said:
I just puked in my mouth a little bit...talk about heading in the wrong direction. Imagine if JS leaves?? This guy could be the heir apparent. Scary....

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1006915606422016002[/tweet] We have seen the front office carry a consultant before. It worked out just fine.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
What can he offer?
I mean his drafts pretty much stunk,Luck was a no brainer.He
did draft a couple decent OL and signed one good FA(Gore).
I just don't get him at all.I will be sick if he is ever GM of the
Hawks.

sdog1981

Reaction score
He will be the teams anit-scout. Every player that gets the Grigson grade will be a warning for the Seahawks to avoid that player.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
chris98251":104tuehy said:
Maybe John brought him in so he can see what Wags and Wilson do and then ask how many championships and super bowls Luck brought the Colts. :p

I think Schneider brought him in so he can actually be in close proximity to the executive of the year trophy that is rightly his.

chris98251

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":23ffue7b said:
chris98251":23ffue7b said:

I think Schneider brought him in so he can actually be in close proximity to the executive of the year trophy that is rightly his.

Hey Ryan, you got the Executive of the year award. But I got this.

super-bowl-48-xlviii.jpg

With guys you passed on :)

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Lol at anybody trying to spin a positive on this guy. He's been hot garbage for a long time. Just have to sit back and wonder what we were thinking.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I imagine everyday goes like this

JS: hey how do you like my 3rd rd SB winning QB?
RG: He's pretty good.
JS: They probably should have given me your trophy right?
RG: Yeah
JS: He's probably the best QB in that draft huh?
RG: (sighs heavily) yes
JS: Go get my coffee and bagel

Jville

Reaction score
Clearly those that have protested so carelessly don't comprehend what a consultant is and what they are brought in to do.

The Seahawks have previously employed consultants. The new hire recently provided consulting services in Cleveland. Prior consulting examples are in the archives to see and read. And yet, laziness blocks the comprehension of the careless protester. The knee jerk reaction is to question the decision and decision makers. The reality is that it is a failure in comprehension that lies within the lazy complainer.

Seymour

Reaction score
Jville":2m3jzd06 said:
Clearly those that have protested so carelessly don't comprehend what a consultant is and what they are brought in to do.

The Seahawks have previously employed consultants. The new hire recently provided consulting services in Cleveland. Prior consulting examples are in the archives to see and read. And yet, laziness blocks the comprehension of the careless protester. The knee jerk reaction is to question the decision and decision makers. The reality is that it is a failure in comprehension that lies within the lazy complainer.

Great points! Yes, I'll be the first to admit that I have no comprehension of what a consultant does. Could you please take the time to educate me on that after you feed me breakfast? :roll:

Jville

Reaction score
Seymour":290hsmut said:
Jville":290hsmut said:

Great points! Yes, I'll be the first to admit that I have no comprehension of what a consultant does. Could you please take the time to educate me on that after you feed me breakfast? :roll:

Everyone has a choice. If you want to know, do the work.

Jville

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":18fplai6 said:
Because complaining is so in these days :2thumbs:

It is indeed.

Fortunately, lazy complaining is a valuable identifier. It tags itself and forewarns others.