Forget About Drafting Bryce Young

W

Welshers

I don't know if anyone else is watching Alabama Texas but Bryce Young is laying a complete egg as a 21 point favorite! Seahawks should forget about drafting this guy with our top 5 pick right now! Everyone talking about how we need to draft a QB well I will tell you right now it's not this clown! Draft Stroud or the Kentucky kid!

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Stroud is having his own problems. I am watching that game. Texas leading going into 4th quarter. Alabama’s only TD was an 80 yard run.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

Stroud is having his own problems. I am watching that game. Texas leading going into 4th quarter. Alabama’s only TD was an 80 yard run.
they are both overrated I think. Young looking terrible vs texas! Maybe that will levis kid I hear is good although I admit i've seen 0 seconds of him playing

Spohawks

Reaction score
I liked Young from last year but players can change quick. I am letting the season play out before I start picking a QB, but its fun to watch what could be.

suppaball

Reaction score
Yes Young has looked bad all game but look at him now. Stepping up and preforming when it is needed.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
they are both overrated I think. Young looking terrible vs texas! Maybe that will levis kid I hear is good although I admit i've seen 0 seconds of him playing
They both will have trouble with Texas defensive line. They have played very well today, but Alabama just had a TD drive to take 1-pt, lead.

Update: Now with only 4 minutes left in 4th, Alabama had the ball on Texas 25 yd. Line. It’s 4th down and only need FOUR INCHES for a first down. Since they are real men, of course, they must go for it instead of kicking FG to take 4 point lead. Young is in shotgun and hands ball to RB about 5 yards from line of scrimmage and tries to run up the middle against that Texas big defensive line. You can guess the rest.

Do quarterbacks these days even KNOW how to take a snap from under center?? That whole play left my head shaking.

Final update: Young did manage a final drive to take lead with 10 seconds left. I think Texas would have won if their starting QB didn’t go out early with injury.

Last edited:

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Young is short for a QB and is 194 lbs soak and wet. He’s Kyler Murray’s mini-me.
By comparison, Drew Brees is also 6-0 but weighed 209. So he needs to add a few pounds to take the hits. For me, it’s not a deal killer but is a concern.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Difference between 2022 Young and 22 Young, his WRs. Anyone looks great with great WRs.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I’m hoping the Hawks take Will Levis from Kentucky. I like his arm, pocket awareness, ability to run, and the Josh Allen comp.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I’m hoping the Hawks take Will Levis from Kentucky. I like his arm, pocket awareness, ability to run, and the Josh Allen comp.
I watched that Kentucky/Florida game. Levis is definitely a more polished QB than Richardson. He is a more precise passer. Richardson missed some open receivers and had two really ugly interceptions. Overall, they both have the physical tools, but Levis seems more NFL ready. I plan to track both of them over the season.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Bryce came up with a cold move when it was needed most. Cornerback blitz had him dead to rights and he had enough poise to stick where he was and wait for the right moment to dip the cornerback and run away. Saved the game.

There's a lot you can teach a quarterback. There's a lot a quarterback can learn. You can't teach icy veins - at least not well.

GemCity

Reaction score
Bryce came up with a cold move when it was needed most. Cornerback blitz had him dead to rights and he had enough poise to stick where he was and wait for the right moment to dip the cornerback and run away. Saved the game.

There's a lot you can teach a quarterback. There's a lot a quarterback can learn. You can't teach icy veins - at least not well.
Agreed. I think Young will be ok but, we may not be in a position to grab him anyways.

I was thinking Richardson or Levis…and after tonight, Levis has the edge imo.

Whatever the case, we should be “ok” going into next years draft.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I give Young credit for the two big drives in the 4th quarter, but the Texas defense did a good job on Alabama for the first three quarters. Ewers was playing better than Young in the first quarter before his injury.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score

"He plays quarterback like a point guard in basketball" - Nick Saban

Get ready to hear his name more often Seahawks fans because Young is considered one of the best QBs in college football for a reason.

Seahawkwalt1967

Reaction score
Im a Ky fan. I wholeheartedly agree. His OL is struggling which doesnt help. He has it all. He has to work on not locking in on his receivers.
I do like Tyler Van Dyke as well...

Vesuve

Reaction score
"He plays quarterback like a point guard in basketball" - Nick Saban

These are 2 different sports and two different positions.

Please explain.