Myrtle's Mock 2024

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
This is my favorite part of the off-season and I always have fun doing these mock drafts so I figured I'd get it started now. This draft fell into my lap, I know it might be a little unrealistic but it's fun to dream đŸ˜… There's a lot of holes to fill so with that being said, I predict Trader John will make his return while maximizing every pick.

I'm taking a chance on McCarthy out of the first round, giving him some support at LG, replenishing the Defense with a strong DT, a couple of legit LB's, and a couple of safeties to hit the reset button on some large contracts. Added a practice squad Center as backup for the O-Line while adding an extra pick in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round for next year to boost the team faster towards a deeper contending season.

Wsumatt1982

Reaction score
I want a QB as much as anybody but it’s a hard pass for me on JJ. Nice mock outside of that though. This is my favorite time of year as well. I’m really loving drafting newton at 16 to be our DT but with so much time between now and the draft that is always subject to change. Well done.

renofox

Reaction score
Needs, in order, IMO:
EDGE - Nwosu is good starter. Mafe is 1A rotation but not starter until he improves against the run, his run defense progressively declined this year. Hall is suitable rotation and should improve. Need 1 blue-chip FA and 1 rotation/depth.
IDL - Need a true 0/1 tech NT badly. BEEF! I don't think Williams will be back so all we have is Jones, Young, Morris. None inspire confidence but there's some high potential IDL in all rounds this draft.
IOL - We suck. Need FAs and rookies to compete. Lots of FAs this year.
ILB - We have none. Brooks not good enough to re-sign for his projected contract. See IOL.
TE - All we have is Dissly, who should be a cap casualty over health concerns. Decent draft for TEs. Bring back Colby plus a couple of blocking FAs.
S - A little thin once Adams and Diggs are cut. Love/Reed/?Bryant? Is too little with the 3 safety looks that are becoming more common.
QB - Out of our range. Geno or other mid-vet is OK for now. Need to take a day 2 shot on a developmental/backup.

PFN MDS Result  1705430930173

Unfortunately, board fell badly for Edge.

For IDL, Newton will probably surpass Jones quickly, and Jackson is already a proficient space eater at 0/1.

Day 3 steals for the IOL.

Good value for a couple of solid ILBs with size.

At TE, Sanders is already an outstanding receiver with speed and moves,, but blocking is not good. His size is adequate so hope he can be coached up.

Rattler at QB has a high ceiling but not a huge chance of reaching it. But his scrambling/running ability makes him at the very least a viable backup. If he elevates to his potential, he's a steal.

Threw in the late round Texas S because he looked good in the 2 games I saw. Short but stout, physical, quick, and plays well in the box and short zones. Has a decent press, even against larger TEs.

Wsumatt1982

Reaction score
Needs, in order, IMO:
EDGE - Nwosu is good starter. Mafe is 1A rotation but not starter until he improves against the run, his run defense progressively declined this year. Hall is suitable rotation and should improve. Need 1 blue-chip FA and 1 rotation/depth.
IDL - Need a true 0/1 tech NT badly. BEEF! I don't think Williams will be back so all we have is Jones, Young, Morris. None inspire confidence but there's some high potential IDL in all rounds this draft.
IOL - We suck. Need FAs and rookies to compete. Lots of FAs this year.
ILB - We have none. Brooks not good enough to re-sign for his projected contract. See IOL.
TE - All we have is Dissly, who should be a cap casualty over health concerns. Decent draft for TEs. Bring back Colby plus a couple of blocking FAs.
S - A little thin once Adams and Diggs are cut. Love/Reed/?Bryant? Is too little with the 3 safety looks that are becoming more common.
QB - Out of our range. Geno or other mid-vet is OK for now. Need to take a day 2 shot on a developmental/backup.

View attachment 63618

Unfortunately, board fell badly for Edge.

For IDL, Newton will probably surpass Jones quickly, and Jackson is already a proficient space eater at 0/1.

Day 3 steals for the IOL.

Good value for a couple of solid ILBs with size.

At TE, Sanders is already an outstanding receiver with speed and moves,, but blocking is not good. His size is adequate so hope he can be coached up.

Rattler at QB has a high ceiling but not a huge chance of reaching it. But his scrambling/running ability makes him at the very least a viable backup. If he elevates to his potential, he's a steal.

Threw in the late round Texas S because he looked good in the 2 games I saw. Short but stout, physical, quick, and plays well in the box and short zones. Has a decent press, even against larger TEs.
Neither draft was bad. People like different things. I, myself like Reno’s mock better. Just my taste. But both of y’all did well. Kudos

Chevy

Reaction score
The time of year to post unrealistic mocks. FantasyLand mocks.

WarHawks

Reaction score
We need a qb. Period. 1 td per game isn't going to cut it. Draft Penix or JJ and move on.

Chevy

Reaction score
Absolutely, but it’s a fun way to familiarize yourself with prospects. It’s addictive, and a good brain exercise if you ask me.
I do at least 5 of these mocks a day, for my own enjoyment. But I don't post them unless I know they are somewhat realistic and I can provide context as to why I made the picks. Also, providing videos for others to see of prospects that they may not know.

Posting simulated unrealistic mocks without context or videos is pointless.

Seattle Person

Reaction score
The time of year to post unrealistic mocks. FantasyLand mocks.

Looking forward to your mocks. We had our disagreements last season but it made for good discussions. I have a general idea of what players I want but I think I'm going to hold off until after the Senior Bowl to do one.

cheese22

Reaction score
Absolutely, but it’s a fun way to familiarize yourself with prospects. It’s addictive, and a good brain exercise if you ask me.
I agree 99%. The biggest downside to this time of year is developing a draft crush and watching as we pass him over, maybe a couple times, for something else. Especially if he splashes big for the team that drafts them.

12forlife

Reaction score
Screenshot 20240202 115008 Chrome
Just playin around. I wanted to trade down with the intention of JPJ being my lead target, and then let the draft fall to me and fill needs with bpa, i missed DT T'Vondre Sweat by one selection in the 2nd. I couldnt fit them in the pic, but i also got CB Jarrian Jones FSU & TE AJ Barner Michigan. I also picked up a 3rd, 6th & 7th for '25 draft

Last edited:

12forlife

Reaction score
I received pick #20 & #59, then I traded down again for pick #23 & #101. I couldn't fit them in the pic, but I also got
Jarran Jones CB FSU
Aj Barner TE Michigan