First look at the REAL most beautiful super bowl patch ever!

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
the broncos jerseys keep droping in price so that might be a good source. the fact that they put the patch on the wrong side really does irk me also.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I wonder if any game worn SBXLVIII jerseys will ever be for sale? I imagine all players will want to keep them as mementos, but clearly we have a better chance of snagging some Broncos jerseys...Who knows?

Street

Reaction score
Fyi.... I was just at the team shop on pike downtown yesterday. They have the rookie "Thomas" jersey on sale for $175 from the regular $250. Sizes 48 and maybe 54...just saying so because I know so many of us want these type of jerseys.

daveCFPrez

Reaction score
Damn it!
I zapped off an email to Christie the Marketing Service Manager at FiberLok and asked about ordering a 500 piece order for the "public" Super Bowl patches (thinking that an order of some bulk might have a chance) and this was her reply:

"Unfortunately as part of our licensing agreement with the NFL we are restricted to selling the patches to NFL licensees only and cannot sell to the public."

The search continues...

soxhawk

Reaction score
daveCFPrez":12kmanzv said:
Damn it!
I zapped off an email to Christie the Marketing Service Manager at FiberLok and asked about ordering a 500 piece order for the "public" Super Bowl patches (thinking that an order of some bulk might have a chance) and this was her reply:

"Unfortunately as part of our licensing agreement with the NFL we are restricted to selling the patches to NFL licensees only and cannot sell to the public."

The search continues...

We need to get the pro shop to order some. What would people pay for a patch? I would pay up to $40 for an official one. $20 for the one that's available on jerseys now.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I would pay $100 bucks for the real patch if they were only going to be produced in very limited numbers.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
Aros":1tqy3u8e said:
I would pay $100 bucks for the real patch if they were only going to be produced in very limited numbers.
100 also if exactly as on game jerseys.

daveCFPrez

Reaction score
As its been mentioned before - the player's on field jersey patches simply will not be made available to the public.

It doesn't appear that even the "public" patches will be available just as patches.

Buying a jersey, attempting to get the patch off, and then reapplying it to whatever clothing item you want seems to be the only option there is at this time.

If you look at what FiberLok as already said - They are not about to do anything that will jeopardize their contracts. I would assume their pro sports income makes up 99.9% of their business.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I called the Pro Shop in Seattle and the rep I spoke to simply said they won't be getting the official patches in any more, that they were placed on the wrong side of the jersey. The new batch will be embroidered. He mistakenly assumed the original patch the Pro Shop carried was the authentic ChromaFlex patch the players wore but I wasn't going to educate him on the particulars. :)

I have sent an email to VP Mike Flood regarding the matter so we'll see if he can provide any information from a legitimate source. Obviously this a low priority issue for Mike, so I simply appreciate any information he can provide when he has the time to do so. Mike's a strong advocate for the 12's so while I don't expect any guarantees from him, at least he will be able to shed some light for us hopefully. I'll keep you posted.

daveCFPrez

Reaction score
Let's just hope they don't get a wild hair and do what they did with the C.Link parade celebration - they secure a large number of patches and then make them available to the season ticket holders!

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
Aros":ugyiqtfr said:
I called the Pro Shop in Seattle and the rep I spoke to simply said they won't be getting the official patches in any more, that they were placed on the wrong side of the jersey. The new batch will be embroidered. He mistakenly assumed the original patch the Pro Shop carried was the authentic ChromaFlex patch the players wore but I wasn't going to educate him on the particulars. :)

I have sent an email to VP Mike Flood regarding the matter so we'll see if he can provide any information from a legitimate source. Obviously this a low priority issue for Mike, so I simply appreciate any information he can provide when he has the time to do so. Mike's a strong advocate for the 12's so while I don't expect any guarantees from him, at least he will be able to shed some light for us hopefully. I'll keep you posted.

i am so amazed that the NFL screwed this up with the seahawks jerseys. wrong side is unacceptable. and they are still selling them since are they not "seconds" then?

i hope that we get some traction.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Aros":1ovuk5mr said:

I would love one for my "custom away SUPER BOWL 48". Y'all wanna see a picture of it. JK.
If forced to, I might go a 100. But dam. Already got over 3 in the jersey.
This sux.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Aros":10eel0w0 said:

So they are saying that the patches were placed wrong, and they know it. I wonder if I can return the one my wife bought me.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I doubt it...It would become a logistic mess if they had to admit they are "wrong" and they will refund/replace the original run jerseys. Just my guess.

daveCFPrez

Reaction score
Just read this over on the bronco's site.
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The Broncos will bring their familiar, orange home jerseys with them to the Super Bowl, but those jerseys will travel out East with one key modification: they’ll include a recognizable Super Bowl XLVIII patch.

The patches were sewn onto the jerseys on Tuesday at Hilda’s Fine Tailoring, a Centennial-based tailoring establishment run by Hilda Mayr, who has mended and worked on the Broncos’ jerseys since 1999.

Mayr noted that the patches, which are pre-fused onto the jersey, only took about five minutes each to sew – a measure to ensure that the patches stay on during the game.

“Each patch is fused on first – on the left side, the left chest. Then, once it’s fused on, we just tack it on a little bit all around,” she said, before chuckling, “Because it could come off and we don’t want that in the Super Bowl.”

Because the patches are pre-fused, Mayr noted that sewing them on is mostly an easy process, although the top part of the design – which features the Vince Lombardi Trophy rising above a graphic of MetLife Stadium and the New York skyline – is the trickiest section.
The Super Bowl patches are far from her most labor-intensive projects involving tending to Broncos jerseys, however.

Mayr noted that she receives the jerseys each Tuesday after a game to perform repairs, which take between three-to-six hours.

“Sometimes when it’s a rough game, we have a lot of repairs,” she said.

And when asked which player’s jersey requires the most mending, Mayr paid a bit of a compliment to the job the offensive line has done with protecting quarterback Peyton Manning.

“Not Peyton,” she said.

Fused AND stitched.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, Nike/NFL is passing the embroidered version off as the "official" patch, but clearly we know better. I don't want the embroidered, period. At the very least, I want the one pmedic has even if I have to cut it out and put it on the jersey I choose. :)

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I got a white gameday (screen print) Super Bowl Jersey Sherman that I picked up in NYC at the NFL Shop @ Macys, with the rubber/vinyl SB patch on it. Given all the new ones are that crappy iron-on one, and no one can find the white super bowl jerseys anywhere. I wonder how much I could get for this on eBay lol.

daveCFPrez

Reaction score
yea there are a $hit ton of bad patches being sewn onto jerseys.

Knowing the ChromaFlex might not ever be available, I went ahead and ordered a few that I thought looked best. (embroidered)

Latest posts