Kirk Cousins 3.8
Tom Brady 3.4
Gardner Minshew 3.4
Lamar Jackson 3.3
Ryan Tannehill 3.2

Sure about that?

xray

Reaction score
Doesn't feel that weird to the old timer fans . In the 90's they were last place in the AFC West 3 years in a row , :D

OP
OP
H

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
xray":3b4t9eky said:
Doesn't feel that weird to the old timer fans . In the 90's they were last place in the AFC West 3 years in a row , :D
Try the 80's before Chuck Knox got here guy. Loved me some Jack Patera but we needed ground Chuck to come in and establish some fortitude with a punishing running attack and solid D. Having Largent helped but yeah.....certainly before the 90's for us really old old fans. My first hate was the Raiders. Sure Elway bugged me but they didn't pack our fudge in the AFCCG like Plunkett and Marcus Allen

xray

Reaction score
There are fans that only have been around for the last 10 years or so . They have no clue how hard it was being a Hawks fan way back then . It was brutal many years .

OP
OP
H

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
xray":34hpcdl8 said:
There are fans that only have been around for the last 10 years or so . They have no clue how hard it was being a Hawks fan way back then . It was brutal many years .
Yes indeed. They have it bad right now my man

xray

Reaction score
The Hawks 1st year 1976 they were a NFC West team and finished 2-12 then went to AFC west in 1977 finished 5-9 . We fans were excited for 5-9 . LOL

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
xray":6saecp5q said:
Those are the best years though looking back. For a time, our best play was a fake field goal it felt like with Efran!

xray

Reaction score
Having a couple bad seasons is not a bad thing . Things hopefully get shaken up and fixed . New isn't bad . IMO

xray

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":1k38wf3v said:
xray":1k38wf3v said:
Those are the best years though looking back. For a time, our best play was a fake field goal it felt like with Efran!

It was more fun in many ways . We knew there wasn't any super bowls to worry about , so the pressure was off . Drink beer and cheer was good enough for most fans back then .

OP
OP
H

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
xray":3eyt7063 said:
OrangeGravy":3eyt7063 said:
xray":3eyt7063 said:

It was more fun in many ways . We knew there wasn't any super bowls to worry about , so the pressure was off . Drink beer and cheer was good enough for most fans back then .
Yeah but the success Knox brought lit a fire in a young fan base at the time early 80's cold war in full effect. Crime, unemployment, depression and a highly stressful moment in time, Knox was a Godsend to the Hawks. Getting from Ivars at the ferry terminal through Pioneer Square to the dome was always an adventure in and of itself. No more viaduct they cleaned it up. Sure feels a lot safer nowadays IMO.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":1svrjp6o said:
xray":1svrjp6o said:
OrangeGravy":1svrjp6o said:
xray":1svrjp6o said:

Yeah but the success Knox brought lit a fire in a young fan base at the time early 80's cold war in full effect. Crime, unemployment, depression and a highly stressful moment in time, Knox was a Godsend to the Hawks. Getting from Ivars at the ferry terminal through Pioneer Square to the dome was always an adventure in and of itself. No more viaduct they cleaned it up. Sure feels a lot safer nowadays IMO.
Curt Warner blowing out his knee back when it was a career death sentence set the franchise back a decade +. I'm convinced if he stays healthy, they make a few deep playoff runs during his time and who knows how that changes the franchise trajectory from there

OP
OP
H

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":167t4xgt said:
ArlosSpecial":167t4xgt said:
xray":167t4xgt said:
OrangeGravy":167t4xgt said:

Curt Warner blowing out his knee back when it was a career death sentence set the franchise back a decade +. I'm convinced if he stays healthy, they make a few deep playoff runs during his time and who knows how that changes the franchise trajectory from there
I was so depressed when CW blew his knee out

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
DarkVictory23":dq51qk5x said:
We developed our run-style back when we had Marshawn Lynch and the read-option was one of our most dangerous weapons. Russ was such a danger if he read keep that it kept D's off-balance and Marshawn was such a physical beast that he could still punish the other team even if our rush play took too long to develop.

Remember when Russ hurt his ankle and was no threat to run, but Pete kept running the read-option? Lol, good times.

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
xray":32e7qtqn said:

And at easy access… once I moved out in ‘81 to the Midwest I can remember begging for a Hawks highlight or game to be on and it very rarely happened in that area… the 90s were bad for a while. I’m loyal to a fault though…