Feels weird to be in last

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
We’re simply not a good football team. Even an average offense wins that Packer game. I’m ride or die with whoever our quarterback is but we need better quarterback play and demand it from Wilson and he just hasn’t panned out lately and this dates to last season. He isn’t accurate period and can’t read the field. With Geno he was dropping dimes and getting the ball out in a quicker, more accurate fashion. No lineman can hold a block for more than 3 seconds and it takes Wilson longer to process the coverage. His confidence is shot due to the many interceptions dating back to mid season last year and the playoffs. His untimely interceptions have been gut wrenching. Jody needs to step in and roll some heads and trade Russ for hopefully 3 first rounders. I know the mallet finger drops his trade value so I’d deal him for a first a second and 2 thirds and then
Build the defense around nasty Jamal Adams.

misfit

Reaction score
Geno is the reason we lost the Saints and the Steeler game

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Geno f...ing Smith?? Seriously??? Dropping dimes? Maybe out of his pocket with a couple of other coins!

OP
OP
H

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
misfit":1epa0xm3 said:
Geno the rifleman played a couple of nail biters my guy. Just stop

misfit

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":17ewaj29 said:
misfit":17ewaj29 said:

The Rifleman? where do you guys get this stuff from. Geno is who hes always been in NY. looks alright then a key turnover at the end of the game. Geno is good for one thing the coin flip in OT.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I mean the Rams last year established they were better than the Hawks (and still are).

The Cardinals also seemed to have the Hawks numbers AND were on an upwards trajectory as expected with a young QB

The Niners team was one people were discounting due to their injuries but forgetting they were just in a SB a few years ago and most of the team still intact.

Then you have our team which looking at the preseason lost talent vs building it and outside of DK Metcalf and Brooks would be on a downward trajectory of talent/skill based on the ages of those left on the team.

In order for the Hawks to be top of the division it would have required some of these things happening in your favor:

1 - No major injuries for the Hawks (Absolutely Nope)
2 - Injuries to other teams (actually kind of happened to the Niners and Cards)
3 - Stafford being a bust for the Rams (nope)
4 - Trey Lance being a bust for the Niners (hard to say, but he's not even playing and JG is doing well enough)
5 - Murray having a drop off for the Cardinals (nope)
6 - New OC and Offense for the Hawks to Click (Showed in Game 1 and then NOPE)
7 - Defense for the Hawks to start the year off improved like it looked to end last year (HELL NOPE)

I think there will be those who will point to the injuries for the Hawks as an excuse for this season, but for others the various weaknesses of the Hawks has finally shown itself in a division that opted to compete. I feel most bad for Wagner and Lockett. They come every game ready to play, no on or off field issues, have stayed relatively healthy, consistently productive (to their abilities) vs being a detriment at any time to the team or a game.

Unless there is the annual Seahawks Kumbaya that also somehow heals Carson and Wilson to 100% and the team just goes on a tear ripping the rest of the season (at this point highly unlikely). I don't see how season ends well, thus the offseason will also end poorly and the immediate future for the Hawks 1-2 years also does not look bright either.

Someone else wrote it on this board..."mess" the team is a "mess". Every year there's a few "good" teams based on preseason expectations that play out a season and just go in the toilet for various reasons. This year it's finally our Hawks. Sucks to see.

BamKam

Reaction score
Saw it coming to be honest. We did NOTHING to significantly improve from last year or address any of the key issues. It was pretty obvious although I figured we would be a little more competitive and the division would be a little more scrunched.

This is what happens when draft horribly overall for the last years or so and make terrible "win now" trades giving away a ton of draft capital while also paying your QB a good chunk of your salary cap. When you need to drastically improve in a specific area you can't, because you are out of resources.

This could linger for a couple seasons too, fun stuff!

ZagHawk

Reaction score
BamKam":2iypylb4 said:
Saw it coming to be honest. We did NOTHING to significantly improve from last year or address any of the key issues. It was pretty obvious although I figured we would be a little more competitive and the division would be a little more scrunched.

This is what happens when draft horribly overall for the last years or so and make terrible "win now" trades giving away a ton of draft capital while also paying your QB a good chunk of your salary cap. When you need to drastically improve in a specific area you can't, because you are out of resources.

I've been thinking about my Season Tickets a lot lately thinking about how I'll finally get to move down significant rows. But at the same time I will either have to go to games and watch our team lose and/or sell tickets at significant losses until something clicks. But the question is how long will that take...2 years? 2 decades? good HCs and good QBs don't grow on trees, but this ship is done.

BamKam

Reaction score
ZagHawk":fv02quum said:
BamKam":fv02quum said:

I've been thinking about my Season Tickets a lot lately thinking about how I'll finally get to move down significant rows. But at the same time I will either have to go to games and watch our team lose and/or sell tickets at significant losses until something clicks. But the question is how long will that take...2 years? 2 decades? good HCs and good QBs don't grow on trees, but this ship is done.

Rebuilds can happen fairly quickly in the NFL. We went from bad to elite pretty quickly. This Franchise has been pretty consistent so I like to think that if the correct drastic moves were made, then we could be sustainably competitive again. The Rams are going all in and will have to rebuild soon, Cards will need to start paying players, and the 49ers in my opinion drafted a franchise dud, so in a couple years would be a good time to have a new foundation started. My fear is that we won't pull the trigger on these necassary changes and we will be watching 35 year old Russell Wilson with his 3rd new offensive coordinator in 4 years running the same offense with no identity that lives or dies off of playground football.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I know very well what it's like to be in last place. That's not weird at all

The weirdest part for me is the last time we were in last place, I was much less wrinkled and had much darker hair.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
misfit":330jnmiz said:
ArlosSpecial":330jnmiz said:
misfit":330jnmiz said:

The Rifleman? where do you guys get this stuff from. Geno is who hes always been in NY. looks alright then a key turnover at the end of the game. Geno is good for one thing the coin flip in OT.

One clearly was not his fault.

The fumble? Fair.

Keep in mind that the other quarterback on roster threw the most hilarious turnover at the end of a game of all time, though. Wink wink.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
The issue isnt on Russ. Does he need to play better, hell yes, but he's not playing awful (sans the Packer game). Petes philosophy is to keep games close (why I dont know) and Seattle usually wins more of those than they lose largely in part because of Wilson. This year that isnt happening and the team isnt talented enough to offset that philosophy in other areas.

Regardless, if somebody thinks Geno gives the Hawks a better chance of winning in the overall scheme of things, they need to put the bottle down.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Pete likes to keep the game close to hide his coaching deficiencies.

It shouldn't be a mystery.

Fade

Reaction score
Shouldn't be in last place with this roster. The roster has a lot of talent. Despite some bad drafts and WTF free agent signings over the years. it's a 9-11 win roster.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Not if you are playing a style of football not well suited for the roster.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
We could have any QB in the NFL and things wouldn't be different. Not as long as Pete the puppet master is still pulling the strings. This team was successful in spite of Pete...not because of Pete. The talent is no longer there to overcome that deficiency. The same thing happened at Green Bay and now Dallas with McCarthy. The difference is that Green Bay canned him instead of keeping him. Dallas currently has the talent to overcome his many blunders. That will change.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3jtd12t9 said:

Yep. Should be rushing the ball more to take pressure off of his boom-or-bust quarterback.

OP
OP
H

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3ufwa4ll said:
Exactly my dude. Romo pointed out so many blown coverages by the Packers that Wilson couldn't seem to grasp and this has nothing to do with his height. He just isn't processing coverages fast enough or at all and when he does the throw is something that would make Dan McGuire look good. It is what it is. I hope he improves but the blueprint is out on how to beat Wilson. Defense been stepping up lately

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
It does feel kind of weird to be last. I've been a dedicated Seahawks fan for just a little over two decades at this point (I was only a casual fan before that) and during that time it's been a pretty amazing run (I've watched this team go to three Super Bowls! Not too many other franchises can say the same over that time frame).

However, the last couple of year it's almost felt like I was watching teams that aren't as good as their record (and this year a team that's not quite as bad as their record). We've just been so maddening but we've always had just that little bit of magic to get us past whatever issue we had and now it's like that magic is gone.

TwistedHusky":2j23gdmc said:
Pete likes to keep the game close to hide his coaching deficiencies.

It shouldn't be a mystery.
I honestly think Pete keeps the game close because he's chronically afraid that if we do anything but Pete ball he'll get blown out because of a mistake. I don't know if this is a side-effect from his time as a college coach but it all reminds me back in the prime years of Carroll's time with this team when we would be blowing out a team and then, for some reason, we'd pull out a trick play.

It seemed so stupid at the time. I mean, why reveal our trick play in that situation? Why be a jerk like that to another team that was already pretty much out of the game?

But now I realize, in Pete's mind, piling on the score is the only reason a trick play exists. He's too deathly afraid to bust them out in a regular game. That's why that direct snap run play against GB shocked me because it's one of the few times I've seen Pete run a trick play without being up by at least 3 scores.

Maelstrom787":2j23gdmc said:
TwistedHusky":2j23gdmc said:

Yep. Should be rushing the ball more to take pressure off of his boom-or-bust quarterback.
This is true but I also don't think it's as straight forward as that. It's not just about running but HOW we run. And this is an issue that's not just on Pete, it's also on Russ.

We developed our run-style back when we had Marshawn Lynch and the read-option was one of our most dangerous weapons. Russ was such a danger if he read keep that it kept D's off-balance and Marshawn was such a physical beast that he could still punish the other team even if our rush play took too long to develop.

The issue now is that Russ doesn't ever read keep on those plays anymore and none of our RBs since are Marshawn. So we've developed a run-game that punishes our backs but because Russ has made his bread and butter lining up in shotgun and doing draw plays, that's what we do.

Finally, this year, we started lining up under center again and we see glimpses of a team that is willing to run traditional rushing plays. But, that's still not where Russ is most comfortable and unfortunately, both Russ and Pete are far too willing to trash our rhythm the moment things get a little rough.