Elite.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Are we "Elite"? It's an honest question because I don't even know what the parameters and definition is of being an Elite NFL team. For me, I think an elite team is one that wins the majority of their games (obviously) and is loaded top to bottom with talented players who show up on game day. Personally, I think the Seahawks are an Elite team but I'm curious to hear what others think and what defines "Elite" for you.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Not yet . Once the offense can get some consistency and actually get a real passing game going. Then maybe just maybe.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
We're fully capable of it. We're on the cusp, but not elite right now, no. Too inconsistent on offense. Then again, by that same metric, Denver's not elite because of their defense being a joke, so I don't know.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This is one of those questions that it may take the team in until the end of the season to demonstrate their answer. in some ways I say absolutely and in others not quite so much. The results at the end will dictate the true answer to this question.

chawx

Reaction score
At no point will the Seahawks drop below the 3rd or 4th best team in the league, and, for the most part, should hover around 1st and 2nd, I think that pretty much puts us in the "Elite" category.

Pete summed it up when he said, "we're learning while we're winning" ...that's a very scary thought for the league as well as the teams in our division.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Yes the Seahawks are an elite team this year. They need to be consistently elite. Being elite doesn't mean there aren't areas to improve upon. It just means you have better talent top to bottom than the rest of the others. Pro football is a tough game and there are other factors that lead into wins and losses. That's why it's hard to have a perfect season and only one team did that. Seahawks are an elite team that needs to take the next step and win the championship. Then keep doing it year after year.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
This year, yes, they are elite.

If we are comparing them to the "elite" teams of all time, then probably not.

But this year, they are among the best of the best.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Last team standing? That I can define.
Elite? I have no idea.

Johnny

Reaction score
as of right now, I'd say no.

But, I was thinking of this during this week.. We aren't playing our best football right now but we are still 5-1 and that just feels odd to me for some reason.. I mean when we get fully healthy and start to click as an entire team later in the season, it could just be downright scary for other teams in the league.

P.S.

You know that could be a characteristic of an "Elite" team.... Winning games when you are not fully healthy..

USChawk

Reaction score
But we won't win without a struggle on Thursday. Games in Arizona are always a struggle. I'll take another ugly win and be very happy.

Are we elite? If you judge by the amount of very good to great players on the team then yes.

If we cut the penalties in half then we will be elite. I believe that.

This team is a blocked field goal for a TD from being 6-0 and then this isn't even a discussion.

Will it mean anything come playoff time? Who knows. Lots of football between now and then.

kidhawk

Reaction score
This question is so subjective....Elite can mean many things to many people...and then you have to factor in are we elite this year? are we elite historically? etc. I can say that currently we cannot call ourselves historically elite by any definition of the word, but for this year, that is very debatable and we are definitely on the cusp of it for sure. Whether we end up there in the end is still yet to be seen.

Personally, I consider the elite teams to be the top 2-4 teams in the league. Right now, I'd say that we are right at that level and it could swing either way. I like our chances of being an elite team this year, but I'm not ready to pull the trigger on that descriptor for us just yet.

drdiags

Reaction score
I am too close to the picture to know. When I look at other teams across the league in the past I could look at them and see strength on all levels of the offense and defense. Now that it is my team we are talking about, I lose all perspective. I don't think of them as invincible but I have expectations now that they can go to Houston or Indy and win. Before all the injuries to Atlanta, I wasn't sure I could say that without some doubts.

Could they go to New Orleans and beat them in their building? Elite teams would. I still have some trepidation on the road and at home, mainly because the offense is still a work in progress. The defense is close to a finished product, though I don't trust the DL coach. Something has the defense barking at each other more than I am used to seeing in the past few seasons. I will chalk that up to a vivid imagination.

Special teams blocking has me concerned but again, maybe just over-active imagination?

I don't really see any other Elite teams, though Denver gets a lot of love. We will see what Von Miller brings toward making their defense better. There are many good teams out there. Elite? I don't see any.

Elite would be like the 85 Bears or the Cowboys when they had the triplets or the Steelers with Joe Greene and the gang. 9ers with Montana, Rice, Taylor, Lott and Walsh. Several of the Brady Patriots.

DISCLAIMER: In my eyes. Elite is a feel thing. How do you measure it? You know it when you see it.

Latest posts