EAGLES @ 49ERS

Smellyman

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":hz4fis6f said:
Why are people worrying about the Eagles going 4-0 this early in the season?

Our #1 focus is to own the NFC West again, the toughest division in football.

San Fran going to 1-3 is excellent news. Especially with increasing rumours of an imminent implosion.

Let's make this a two horse race in the division and worry about the Eagles in a few weeks when homefield is a thing to fight for.

no idea. only thing that matters is Hawks wins and getting the division. everything else doesn't matter.

Plus that eagles D will cost them some games anyway.

homerun1970

Reaction score
That was when in a temper tantrum Harbs kicked the hell out of the server. Does seem to happen whenever 49er skin may be a lil thin and ready for a bloodletting.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Since the refs aren't calling penalties on the 49ers I wonder what the excuse will be this game

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
HawkWow":2kxmcjkj said:
Well, we can agree to disagree then. You call them over-rated, I call them winning. They have a great young QB, arguably the best back (and tandem) in the league and they are getting better. Yes, I would pick philly to ultimately dethrone us. And I am including their easier NFCE schedule in that reasoning. Who would you pick to ultimately dethrone us in the NFC? or are you suggesting we will win the next 10 NFCCs?

I think we're good for a fair few years yet. The team that ultimately dethrones us probably isn't even put together yet. Could be anyone in the NFC. Let's talk when Pete's retired and several of our young core reach 30.

I wouldn't count out that playoff game at home last season. Physically beaten by a New Orleans side that just looked silly trying to go toe-to-toe with the Seahawks. Let's see how they deal in a proper stretch, not the Jags, Skins and imploding Niners.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Nice throw & catch there. And then another mental error by the Niners as they get a delay of game penalty.

sc85sis

Reaction score
The main thing about the Eagles that worries me vs. us is the tempo. They will try to run that offense at warp speed to wear out our D and prevent the substitutions we like to do.

Our guys will need to be conditioned really well for that game.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
sc85sis":werc3yv1 said:
The main thing about the Eagles that worries me vs. us is the tempo. They will try to run that offense at warp speed to wear out our D and prevent the substitutions we like to do.

The up-tempo offense got in their way at times last season. They had some really head scratching defeats in before getting hot at the end of the year.

Seahawks fans should be loving this game. The power of this conference is/was San Fran and SEA. And this is what San Fran looks like right now. Plus the Panthers are dropping off a cliff too.

HawkWow

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":nos5wksv said:
HawkWow":nos5wksv said:
Well, we can agree to disagree then. You call them over-rated, I call them winning. They have a great young QB, arguably the best back (and tandem) in the league and they are getting better. Yes, I would pick philly to ultimately dethrone us. And I am including their easier NFCE schedule in that reasoning. Who would you pick to ultimately dethrone us in the NFC? or are you suggesting we will win the next 10 NFCCs?

I think we're good for a fair few years yet. The team that ultimately dethrones us probably isn't even put together yet. Could be anyone in the NFC. Let's talk when Pete's retired and several of our young core reach 30.

I wouldn't count out that playoff game at home last season. Physically beaten by a New Orleans side that just looked silly trying to go toe-to-toe with the Seahawks. Let's see how they deal in a proper stretch, not the Jags, Skins and imploding Niners.

So we're not that far apart, then. Again, the operative word in my statement...ultimately. I totally agree that we are good for the next 2 or 3 years..and maybe more. though, even now, I wouldn't want to travel to Philly in January. On a neutral field in October? I would pick us to beat them convincingly. Maybe 30-10. Their strengths play to ours and they wouldn't have an answer to RW, Lynch and certainly not Harvin. We would shut down their WRs and nobody is running on us real well right now.

My only real point was that Philly is clearly a team on the rise and of the younger teams of the NFC, they are the team I feel is on the verge of bigger things. And I hope they lose their next 4 to prove me wrong.

homerun1970

Reaction score
sc85sis":2xx5mj2h said:

So far their offense hasn't really put together any long sustained drives against the 49er defense. I am not sure that they will be able to sustain drives long enough to wear out the Hawks D. Until I see them against some of the top defenses and be effective I see no reason to sweat prematurely.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Cause I want HFA throughout and the percentages favor more losses in the future for Niners (who already have 2 losses) than for Eagles who have none.

Which schedule would you predict to yield more losses?

Digits with 6 tough games

Chiefs - Rams - Broncos - Rams - Saints - Giants - Redskins - Seahawks - Raiders - Chargers - Cardinals

or

Eagles with 3 tough games and the logic of folks here dictating they win one of them (against Cards)

Rams - Giants - Cardinals - Texans - Panthers - Packers - Titans - Cowboys - Seahawks - Cowboys - Redskins - Giants

We are looking at at least one additional likely loss so Eagles need at least 2 losses if one comes to us, and perhaps 3 or 4 if they happen to pull it out against us.

Sure, all we have to do is win our games, but I would like some cushion.

- bsd

drdiags

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3vm2reax said:
Why are people worrying about the Eagles going 4-0 this early in the season?

Our #1 focus is to own the NFC West again, the toughest division in football.

San Fran going to 1-3 is excellent news. Especially with increasing rumours of an imminent implosion.

Let's make this a two horse race in the division and worry about the Eagles in a few weeks when homefield is a thing to fight for.

That's your opinion. I wouldn't say I am worried, I just stated an opinion as well. Why do folks that want to win the division feel they need help to beat their division foes? It can be looked at both ways. That is the problem with folks around here. You make an observation, not saying it is gospel and folks just feel they need to one up folks.

Okay, I am convinced. Eagles let's beat the crap out of our div rival so we have an easier time winning the division. Sorry for thinking outside the short term goal.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
And yes, I fully expect to beat the Eagles, but that might not be enough if they don't also have some losses to other NFCW teams.

- bsd

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Lets see if the Eagles can get those 3 points back before the half...

Latest posts