EAGLES @ 49ERS

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
HawkWow":1vnatkk3 said:
I don't think the Philly D is "bad", they're just not real good (yet). But they are getting heat on Kaep and that will help compensate for their few blemishes. This team will be the team that ultimately dethrones our Hawks, imo.

I think they're overrated.

Re-watch that playoff game against the Saints last season. New Orleans, a team who tried to play tough with us twice and had their asses handed to them, out-muscled the Eagles.

So far Philly have scraped past the woeful Jags and Washington. Kudos for the win in Indianapolis.

Their defense is still a major work in progress. The first round pass rusher they grabbed this year is inactive every week.

They will benefit from a shocking NFC East and be competitive under a brilliant coach. But dethrone us?

ground chuck

Reaction score
This game is pathetic. Sf seems to have lost their mojo. Philly dst is the only thing going for them. I type this a sproles just ran a punt return back for 6.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Ok. Say we hand the Eagles a loss and they beat Digits and Cards like folks here seem to be rooting for.

We are likely going to lose at least 1 NFCW game. Likely against Digits on Thanksgiving.

We will need Eagles to lose 2 games minimum. Where are those coming from? Dallas?

Sure, any given Sunday and all that, but I think we are better off with some cushion on the Eagles.

Of course I won't be horribly disappointed if Eagles pull it off. Just more pressure on us.

-bsd

SeatownJay

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":1gvizgwh said:
This is all part of the 49ers plan... let them score so fast that the time of possession is radically in their favor so they can grind them down in the second half!
That would be fine if the Niners could score in the second half. Sadly, they can't.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Why are people worrying about the Eagles going 4-0 this early in the season?

Our #1 focus is to own the NFC West again, the toughest division in football.

San Fran going to 1-3 is excellent news. Especially with increasing rumours of an imminent implosion.

Let's make this a two horse race in the division and worry about the Eagles in a few weeks when homefield is a thing to fight for.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Yep, TD here by the Eagles and I dont know if the 49ers will have the ability to come together for a win... But at least we can pretty much count them out.... The Eagles, have played some bad teams, and been losing big in all of them except this.. They might not be as good as people think...

HawkWow

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1fcbq3e9 said:
HawkWow":1fcbq3e9 said:
I don't think the Philly D is "bad", they're just not real good (yet). But they are getting heat on Kaep and that will help compensate for their few blemishes. This team will be the team that ultimately dethrones our Hawks, imo.

I think they're overrated.

Re-watch that playoff game against the Saints last season. New Orleans, a team who tried to play tough with us twice and had their asses handed to them, out-muscled the Eagles.

So far Philly have scraped past the woeful Jags and Washington. Kudos for the win in Indianapolis.

Their defense is still a major work in progress. The first round pass rusher they grabbed this year is inactive every week.

They will benefit from a shocking NFC East and be competitive under a brilliant coach. But dethrone us?

Well, we can agree to disagree then. You call them over-rated, I call them winning. They have a great young QB, arguably the best back (and tandem) in the league and they are getting better. Yes, I would pick philly to ultimately dethrone us. And I am including their easier NFCE schedule in that reasoning. Who would you pick to ultimately dethrone us in the NFC? or are you suggesting we will win the next 10 NFCCs?