EAGLES @ 49ERS

Laloosh

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3g9d3r6o said:
loafoftatupu":3g9d3r6o said:
It wasn't a shot at you Laloosh.. It wasn't a shot at anyone. No Jeez required.

Take it easy NINER FAN.
I'm pretty sure he was referring to the shot I did take at him.

You took a shot alright. Then I drug all of your chips into my stack.

Loaf, I see what you did there.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":21sqfc2o said:
MizzouHawkGal":21sqfc2o said:
What! Did the world end while I was gone?
No, the 49ers have not in fact yet won a Super Bowl in the salary cap era.

uh...1994 was capped. :D

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Marvin49":172pvs8g said:
RolandDeschain":172pvs8g said:
MizzouHawkGal":172pvs8g said:

Yeah, the first year it was capped; and you guys mortgaged the entire future for one last hurrah. Congrats, it worked, but the contracts you guys worked out were ridiculously harmful to the team shortly thereafter, AND there were a lot of suspicions (but lacking in proof) that you cheated the cap anyways, plus you're the reason they fixed a BS loophole you guys used in the first iteration of the salary cap policy.

Just sayin', Marvin.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3em2s7b3 said:
Marvin49":3em2s7b3 said:
RolandDeschain":3em2s7b3 said:
MizzouHawkGal":3em2s7b3 said:

Yeah, the first year it was capped; and you guys mortgaged the entire future for one last hurrah. Congrats, it worked, but the contracts you guys worked out were ridiculously harmful to the team shortly thereafter, AND there were a lot of suspicions (but lacking in proof) that you cheated the cap anyways, plus you're the reason they fixed a BS loophole you guys used in the first iteration of the salary cap policy.

Just sayin', Marvin.

Not really....the mortgaged the future later on and they remained relevant until the late 90's when Young got hurt.

What killed them after 94 was losing Deion and Watters.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Marvin49":38pip6wc said:
Not really....the mortgaged the future later on and they remained relevant until the late 90's when Young got hurt.

STOP DEFLECTING. You rented Deion Sanders for one year by guaranteeing him unrestricted free agency the following year because you couldn't come close to truly affording him, and he did it to go for a ring. He signed with the 49ers for $1.2m for a year, then with Dallas the next year for $5m/year, and even that was only possible by the 49ers heavily front-loading every contract they could in 1993 when they knew the cap was coming. You bought the 1995 ('94 season) Super Bowl, just admit it. Unless you're going to try and make an argument saying that the 49ers created Neon Deion and increased his worth from $1.2m in 1994 to $5m in 1995 because of your coaching prowess?

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":37nnmgjy said:
Marvin49":37nnmgjy said:

STOP DEFLECTING. You rented Deion Sanders for one year by guaranteeing him unrestricted free agency the following year because you couldn't come close to truly affording him, and he did it to go for a ring. He signed with the 49ers for $1.2m for a year, then with Dallas the next year for $5m/year, and even that was only possible by the 49ers heavily front-loading every contract they could in 1993 when they knew the cap was coming. You bought the 1995 ('94 season) Super Bowl, just admit it. Unless you're going to try and make an argument saying that the 49ers created Neon Deion and increased his worth from $1.2m in 1994 to $5m in 1995 because of your coaching prowess?

Well of course they got a deal on Deion. It was always a 1 year deal and even he said that he was taking a discount for a ring.

That's not mortgaging the future tho.

They also lost Watters that year and that one was a huge blow. Niners were relevant for several more years but instead of the Cowboys it was the Packers that kept killing them in the playoffs. That's why I get so much joy out of beating them now. :D

They never really recovered from losing Watters until they they got Hearst...but then he broke his ankle on the first play of the game vs Atlanta and all but ended THAT playoff run...and then he was out for 2 years. Sigh.

chris98251

Reaction score
Marvin49":2crdvm78 said:
RolandDeschain":2crdvm78 said:
Marvin49":2crdvm78 said:

Well of course they got a deal on Deion. It was always a 1 year deal and even he said that he was taking a discount for a ring.

That's not mortgaging the future tho.

They also lost Watters that year and that one was a huge blow. Niners were relevant for several more years but instead of the Cowboys it was the Packers that kept killing them in the playoffs. That's why I get so much joy out of beating them now. :D

They never really recovered from losing Watters until they they got Hearst...but then he broke his ankle on the first play of the game vs Atlanta and all but ended THAT playoff run...and then he was out for 2 years. Sigh.

And some people say their is no Karma.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Marvin49":1zo1re2r said:
RolandDeschain":1zo1re2r said:
MizzouHawkGal":1zo1re2r said:

Too bad they cheated the cap in 94 to build that secondary to finally beat the vastly superior Aikman Cowgirls.

I think the poster was referring to the last legitimate Superbowl win.

Brahn

Reaction score
IMHO right now Kaepernick is not the major issue with the Niners. He is playing pretty damn well.