Does anyone really think Clark will be traded

sdog1981

Reaction score
jammerhawk":yqokjlia said:
The price would need to be very right for a trade to happen. All in all given the market, I’m doubtful.

The team certainly would consider offers and it’s fun to speculate. It sure would be interesting for an opportunity to acquire a very early pick in a market where that pick might allow the acquisition of a game changing player at a position of need.

This 1000 times. The team is stuck due to how teams value draft picks and the fact that a team would have to be willing to take Clark and pay him. I just don't see a team willing to do that.

getnasty

Reaction score
Frank i doubt but i still think Justin Britt gets shipped out on draft day.

DynoHawk

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":38czeahm said:
Couldnt JS just tag Clark and sign him next year after restructuring some contracts? If they sign Wagner to a longer deal this year they could rehash it next year couldnt they?

Think they already tagged him, unless they pulled it back off.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
getnasty":3dn5zy1e said:
Frank i doubt but i still think Justin Britt gets shipped out on draft day.

Why on earth would you trade Justin Britt. You've got a starting NFL center for 8M this year, and one that works well within your scheme.

If you trade him at best you'd get a late round pick, and then you're starting Joey Hunt? No thanks.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Frank Clark made the same mistake Earl Thomas did: he's overestimated his market. The Seahawks are unlikely to pay him $21M, and nobody else will, either, given the depth of this draft. I hope he decides to adjust accordingly.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":19j77456 said:
Frank Clark made the same mistake Earl Thomas did: he's overestimated his market. The Seahawks are unlikely to pay him $21M, and nobody else will, either, given the depth of this draft. I hope he decides to adjust accordingly.

I do think someone would pay Frank, but only in free agency.........any team interested in paying him 21M+ isn't going to trade a 1st rounder (what the Hawk's are suspected to want).

So yeah, just like Earl there were teams willing to pay him, but not trade a 1st rounder for him, and right now we're not willing to give Frank up for a 2nd or worse.

There in lies the stalemate.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I'd trade him for a decent deal.

People are freaking out over paying russ 35m but want to give frank 20+m a year? no thanks.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
If the Jets really want Clark I'd offer to swap picks in the first round this year (Hawks move up to #3 overall, Jets down to #21), along with NYJ's 2020 first round pick with Top 10 protection (SEA would get NYJ's 2020 2nd round pick instead if first rounder is in the top 10).

That would allow the Hawks to parlay the #3 overall pick into numerous additional Day 1/2 picks this year (and possibly next year, in addition to the guaranteed 2020 pick), it would allow the Jets to not lose any picks this year and still have a selection in the first round (plus Frank Clark), and it would give the Jets protection in next year's draft in the event that they have another very bad season (i.e. bottom 10 record).

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":2d744cj4 said:
If the Jets really want Clark I'd offer to swap picks in the first round this year (Hawks move up to #3 overall, Jets down to #21), along with NYJ's 2020 first round pick with Top 10 protection (SEA would get NYJ's 2020 2nd round pick instead if first rounder is in the top 10).

That would allow the Hawks to parlay the #3 overall pick into numerous additional Day 1/2 picks this year (and possibly next year, in addition to the guaranteed 2020 pick), it would allow the Jets to not lose any picks this year and still have a selection in the first round (plus Frank Clark), and it would give the Jets protection in next year's draft in the event that they have another very bad season (i.e. bottom 10 record).

No way in hell the Jets are giving up all this for Clark. If they were, he'd already be traded cause John and Pete would pull a hamstring running to sign this deal.

Clark's a top 10 pass rusher, but he's not Khalil Mack (two first rounders). My guess is if we are entertaining trade offers, it's at a minimum of late first rounder with maybe a future 2nd or 3rd. Because if you trade Clark, you better replace him with another 1st round DE that can be developed into the production you just gave up.

James in PA

Reaction score
CHEAP LABOR. That’s what it’s all about. As good as Frank is, we’re not getting more than a low first. It’s not just about his play. It’s also about the cap space he’ll take up. Cheap labor, that’s why draft picks seem overvalued. As we all know, if you can land a stud or 2 or 3 on a rookie contract, you are in the catbird seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

warden

Reaction score
JS in a recent interview stated the Seahawks have a plan on signing all four, Wilson, Clark, Wagner and Reed. JS also has a history of keeping key players as they enter their prime by rewarding them with second contracts. I highly doubt that Clark gets traded

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
warden":3s171r13 said:
JS in a recent interview stated the Seahawks have a plan on signing all four, Wilson, Clark, Wagner and Reed. JS also has a history of keeping key players as they enter their prime by rewarding them with second contracts. I highly doubt that Clark gets traded

Here are all of Schneider's comments about Clark he made Wednesday.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... g-baldwin/

When he says "we budged for Clark at the franchise tag amount," that tells me that's where they plan on him being for the foreseeable future.

So plan on signing Clark? Not so sure about that. All of John's comments lead me to believe they're moving onto other players and are just fine with him playing on the franchise tag this year because they don't want to pay him 21M+ with all the guaranteed money Lawrence got, or more.

hawks85

Reaction score
Taehwk":1a0h074k said:
For me if he is asking for elite money than the answer is to trade him. He feasted on poor Offensive Line play last year. I believe 7 of his sacks were against teams with offensive lines ranked 24th or lower. I am not certain but i believe alot of his sacks came against backups and not regular starters. Make him prove his worth on the tag or trade him for a 2nd. IMO he is not yet worth 21M/year.
Yup that is correct. I'm not sold on Clark. This guy is looking for a payday that's it. One good season as pointed above doesnt make this guy worth 18-20 mil a year...not even close. If this guy can repeat this year with even better results then we can talk. If they trade Clark so be it. My spidey sense tells me Clark won't have as good as a season this year so that's why he wants to get paid now. Seattle needs to Pay Wagz.

OP
OP
N

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
I think he plays this year then gets traded. I don't see us giving him an extension at top money . If they can get a first round pick then a trade kind of makes sense . There's no way i'd trade him for second round pick it's simply not enough for an EDGE rusher coming into his prime that had 13 sacks last year.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
hawks85":1y29w686 said:
Taehwk":1y29w686 said:
For me if he is asking for elite money than the answer is to trade him. He feasted on poor Offensive Line play last year. I believe 7 of his sacks were against teams with offensive lines ranked 24th or lower. I am not certain but i believe alot of his sacks came against backups and not regular starters. Make him prove his worth on the tag or trade him for a 2nd. IMO he is not yet worth 21M/year.
Yup that is correct. I'm not sold on Clark. This guy is looking for a payday that's it. One good season as pointed above doesnt make this guy worth 18-20 mil a year...not even close. If this guy can repeat this year with even better results then we can talk. If they trade Clark so be it. My spidey sense tells me Clark won't have as good as a season this year so that's why he wants to get paid now. Seattle needs to Pay Wagz.
BWags has earned his pay and the right to be paid before Clark.
They can trade him off .There is going to be many holes soon.

OP
OP
N

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Frank Clark to the Raiders for the 27th pick . This trade makes the most sense and I think it could happen but it would really put Seattle in a bad spot this year rushing the passer . Clark also had a lot of tackles for loss last year. Let's not pretend were not giving up a top EDGE rusher if this move is made because we are and Frank is only 25.

toffee

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":7q3ofcsl said:

think the Jets will do your deal? They would have to really love Frank

quadsas

Reaction score
toffee":3ck6ye3c said:
NorthDallas40oz":3ck6ye3c said:

think the Jets will do your deal? They would have to really love Frank

If we're being real. It's the Jets.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I doubt even the Jets would be monumentally stupid enough to give up Josh Allen or Quinnen Williams on a rookie deal for Frank Clark demanding $21M.

OP
OP
N

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3lgtv25r said:
I doubt even the Jets would be monumentally stupid enough to give up Josh Allen or Quinnen Williams on a rookie deal for Frank Clark demanding $21M.

I love when people throw out these completely unrealistic trades. Sure that would be a GREAT trade for the Seahawks but the 3rd pick in the draft for Clark plus they would have to sign him to 18mil a year minimum it's a pipe dream. Josh Allen and Williams are my top two defensive players in the draft I like them both better than Bosa so i'd love to see it but c'mon folks it's not gonna happen.

Latest posts