Does anyone really think Clark will be traded

Largent80

Reaction score
Jarran Reed had 10.5 sacks from the DT position. Clark had 13 from the outside. Who's more valuable?

That's easy. If you get value, G'BYE Clark, and your contract demands.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":nfmiss4u said:
Sgt. Largent":nfmiss4u said:
Seymour":nfmiss4u said:
MontanaHawk05":nfmiss4u said:
I doubt even the Jets would be monumentally stupid enough to give up Josh Allen or Quinnen Williams on a rookie deal for Frank Clark demanding $21M.

I keep reading Clark is "demanding" $21M.

Where exactly is this information coming from?

It's being written like it is fact, and I am questioning that.

I still say he is worth around $16M, and has not proven he has elite talent IMO. I would not pay a dime over $18M personally.

Why would he not demand 21M+?

Demarcus Lawrence just got 21M, and Clark has more sacks in one less year than Lawrence, and he's two years younger. So of course he's asking for as much, or more.

It also makes sense as to why we had to franchise Frank and now there's trade rumors. The two sides are still so far apart, that's how these trade rumors start.

Either way Seymour, ain't no way in hell Clark and his agent accept 5M less than Lawrence, when Frank is better and younger.

That is NOT an answer, people can be over paid. You look at more than 1 contract as a GM :roll:

You and I for some reason keep running around this track in regards to how contracts work.

You said Russell wasn't worth 35M, yet he got it, cause that's how the NFL works. Why would you think Clark is different......he's next man up, so he thinks he deserves 21M, and he has the stats and age to prove it. He's an elite pass rusher, and elite pass rushers get paid. They certainly don't settle for less than the going market value that was just set by someone else.

Would I pay it? No, but someone will, and thus this is the dance John's making with other teams...........considering trade offers from the teams that WILL pay Frank 21M.

If not, then we'll keep him on the franchise tag, and get to do this all over again next year.

Seymour

Reaction score
Largent80":1cpwpxbd said:
Jarran Reed had 10.5 sacks from the DT position. Clark had 13 from the outside. Who's more valuable?

I actually agree with this. Reed over Clark. Inside pressure is also more valuable and harder to find as it helps shut down more passing lanes then outside pressure and helps prevent the QB from stepping up into the "non existent" pocket.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":otgee9j7 said:
Seymour":otgee9j7 said:
Sgt. Largent":otgee9j7 said:
Seymour":otgee9j7 said:
I keep reading Clark is "demanding" $21M.

Where exactly is this information coming from?

It's being written like it is fact, and I am questioning that.

I still say he is worth around $16M, and has not proven he has elite talent IMO. I would not pay a dime over $18M personally.

Demarcus Lawrence just got 21M, and Clark has more sacks in one less year than Lawrence, and he's two years younger. So of course he's asking for as much, or more.

It also makes sense as to why we had to franchise Frank and now there's trade rumors. The two sides are still so far apart, that's how these trade rumors start.

Either way Seymour, ain't no way in hell Clark and his agent accept 5M less than Lawrence, when Frank is better and younger.

That is NOT an answer, people can be over paid. You look at more than 1 contract as a GM :roll:

You and I for some reason keep running around this track in regards to how contracts work.

You said Russell wasn't worth 35M, yet he got it,
cause that's how the NFL works. Why would you think Clark is different......he's next man up, so he thinks he deserves 21M, and he has the stats and age to prove it. He's an elite pass rusher, and elite pass rushers get paid. They certainly don't settle for less than the going market value that was just set by someone else.

Would I pay it? No, but someone will, and thus this is the dance John's making with other teams...........considering trade offers from the teams that WILL pay Frank 21M.

If not, then we'll keep him on the franchise tag, and get to do this all over again next year.

Wrong!!!
I said Wilson was not worth $35M to Pete Carroll, huge difference. I also said we would still pay him that! And that is why we keep going round. You turn things into what you want to read.
Done talking since you make stuff up. :roll:

Clark is NOT elite (top 3-5) with 1 good year. He is average against the run and we got toasted there!!! :177692:
1 Jerry Jones signing does not dictate the entire market either. That is just silly.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":2lhfurec said:
Sgt. Largent":2lhfurec said:
Seymour":2lhfurec said:
Sgt. Largent":2lhfurec said:

You said Russell wasn't worth 35M, yet he got it,
cause that's how the NFL works. Why would you think Clark is different......he's next man up, so he thinks he deserves 21M, and he has the stats and age to prove it. He's an elite pass rusher, and elite pass rushers get paid. They certainly don't settle for less than the going market value that was just set by someone else.

Wrong!!!
I said Wilson was not worth $35M to Pete Carroll, huge difference. I also said we would still pay him that! And that is why we keep going round. You turn things into what you want to read.
Done talking since you make stuff up. :roll:

Clark is NOT elite (top 3-5) with 1 good year. He is average against the run and we got toasted there!!! :177692:

Awesome to hear, save me many a future post explaining how NFL contracts work to you.

If Clark was willing to accept your lowball offer of 15-18M, he would have taken it already. You don't need to read that in black and white print to understand why he hasn't signed yet.

kf3339

Reaction score
Largent80":37hg2e00 said:

This is the truest statement on this thread. If I'm paying a DL what Clark is most likely demanding, it would be Reed as well. Interior pressure makes and edge players just far easier to make a play. Keep Reed and trade Clark if we can only pay one of them.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
kf3339":1aguzzow said:
Largent80":1aguzzow said:

This is the truest statement on this thread. If I'm paying a DL what Clark is most likely demanding, it would be Reed as well. Interior pressure makes and edge players just far easier to make a play. Keep Reed and trade Clark if we can only pay one of them.

This is probably a good time to repeat Sgt.'s earlier point that trading Clark makes our primary edge rusher Cassius Marsh.

Seymour

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":bzn4rwgj said:
kf3339":bzn4rwgj said:
Largent80":bzn4rwgj said:

This is probably a good time to repeat Sgt.'s earlier point that trading Clark makes our primary edge rusher Cassius Marsh.

This is a good time to point out that if we trade Clark we will have a plan to replace him + some and likely save money for filling other holes. Marsh starting is fear based nonsense.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
here we go....more speculation about a possible trade. Indy and KC are in the mix.

KC is interesting. they're switching to a 4-3 scheme. They let Ford and Houston go, so they really need Edge rushers. We know there's a lot of quality edge rushers in the draft, but who will be available at 29? if KC cannot move up and if they are really desperate for an edge rusher, can you see KC giving up their 1st and perhaps 3rd or 4th RD pick?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1fnhccu6 said:
kf3339":1fnhccu6 said:
Largent80":1fnhccu6 said:

That's why we're holding out for a 1st rounder with these trade talks. But even getting a middle to late 1st rounder is a big step down with our pass rush with no Clark.

It took Clark 2-3 years to become a great pass rusher, so even if we replace him it's going to take the new 1st rounder years to get to that level, if he ever gets to Clark's level.

So if I had to put money on what's going to happen with Clark, I'd say he stays on the franchise tag. I just can't see a team giving up a 1st rounder for Clark, especially at the top half of the first round where we MIGHT be able to get another elite pass rusher...................and especially not this year with how stacked the draft is on the D-line.

Not the best year to try to trade a player like Clark.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":yz0prhgw said:
MontanaHawk05":yz0prhgw said:
kf3339":yz0prhgw said:
Largent80":yz0prhgw said:

That's why we're holding out for a 1st rounder with these trade talks. But even getting a middle to late 1st rounder is a big step down with our pass rush with no Clark.

It took Clark 2-3 years to become a great pass rusher, so even if we replace him it's going to take the new 1st rounder years to get to that level, if he ever gets to Clark's level.

So if I had to put money on what's going to happen with Clark, I'd say he stays on the franchise tag. I just can't see a team giving up a 1st rounder for Clark, especially at the top half of the first round where we MIGHT be able to get another elite pass rusher...................and especially not this year with how stacked the draft is on the D-line.

100% Conjecture!!
Clark flourished against the likes of the Tards and other weak olines and disappeared against tougher competition. We need someone that can step up against tougher teams, not easy wins. :141847_bnono:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1xljoy86 said:
MontanaHawk05":1xljoy86 said:
kf3339":1xljoy86 said:
Largent80":1xljoy86 said:

Agreed, people keep assuming a first-round pick should play at a Pro Bowl level in their rookie year. That's what would be required to avoid a dropoff from trading Clark.

James in PA

Reaction score
At this point, I think he probably gets traded. Too much interest out there from other teams. His price is probably out of John’s comfort zone and it’s absolutely killing Pete and John that they don’t have many picks. A mid first would give them a ton of flexibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Largent80

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2otdfdfg said:
kf3339":2otdfdfg said:
Largent80":2otdfdfg said:

Marsh spent three seasons in Seattle after being drafted in 2014, and during that time he recorded 41 tackles, three sacks, and five quarterback hits. In San Francisco, where he played out the remainder of the 2017 season and appeared in every game in 2018 as a defensive end. Last year he finished with 38 tackles, 5.5 sacks and 14 quarterback hits Which is better than his entire 3 years with the Seahawks.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Largent80":3866ohvl said:
MontanaHawk05":3866ohvl said:
kf3339":3866ohvl said:
Largent80":3866ohvl said:

Marsh spent three seasons in Seattle after being drafted in 2014, and during that time he recorded 41 tackles, three sacks, and five quarterback hits. In San Francisco, where he played out the remainder of the 2017 season and appeared in every game in 2018 as a defensive end. Last year he finished with 38 tackles, 5.5 sacks and 14 quarterback hits Which is better than his entire 3 years with the Seahawks.

Marsh might be a good rotation/depth player, but I hope you're not insinuating that he could come close to replacing Clark's production.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to keep Clark. He's a tone setter, defensive leader and IMO he's still not reached his potential. I just think his price tag is too high for Pete and John to have the cap to extend Wagner, extend Reed and do everything else they need to do to add players and depth all over the rest of the defense.

Largent80

Reaction score
I posted his stats. Thats it.

After a few years, he appears to be reaching his prime. How can this be a bad thing for Seattle?

Clark wants the moon and delivers a one demensional result. A LOT of his sacks were the result of the inside pressure of Reed and Ford.

I want to trade this guy for picks in THIS draft.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Personally I hope he gets traded. We need more picks in this draft but we also need new young talent. Frank is a good pass rusher so he should get paid, I just think the Hawks are in a tough spot to be the ones to pay him. We have a lot of positions of need on this team. you can argue that pass rusher is indeed one of them, so trading a good player is a bad idea, but we need draft capital and we need to nail our picks, which means being able to control where we make them. With so few picks Frank is the one thing we have to give us that control.

I'm not saying I'll be happy to see him go, I'm not saying I want him run outta town. I'm just saying that logically speaking for a team with holes to fill it makes more sense to trade him if we can get some strategically optimal draft picks.

Seymour

Reaction score
Largent80":n6893tmc said:

After a few years, he appears to be reaching his prime. How can this be a bad thing for Seattle?

Clark wants the moon and delivers a one demensional result. A LOT of his sacks were the result of the inside pressure of Reed and Ford.

Because 2 x 0 still = 0 :idea:

If Marsh starts....we are completely screwed. That is not even a discussion.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Largent80":1yds833r said:

For sure. Deep draft for D-line, but that's also a reason all the team's that are considering trading for Clark might not trade for Clark.

Why trade a 1st round pick for a guy who wants crazy money when you can probably get most or all that production WITH your 1st round pick, and save the cash?

But I could see a team like KC, Colts or another title contending team that thinks they have what it takes to win a SB next year to trade a 1st rounder. Clark makes any existing D-line on a title contending team nasty from day #1.

Largent80

Reaction score
Seymour":1erxz7u4 said:
Largent80":1erxz7u4 said:

Because 2 x 0 still = 0 :idea:

If Marsh starts....we are completely screwed. That is not even a discussion.

Where did you read STARTER?.....He's a role player.

If you trade Clark you are gambling on a rookie to get pressure.