Do you want Geno next season?

Do you want Geno back at QB next season?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Tough one. For me the question is how much does paying Geno affect the ability to rebuild the defense and supplement the rest of the offense? I look at the present defense and wonder how long that project's going to take; 2-3 years?? If we want to look ok next year, and that 30 mil could not be better spent, then we should resign him. If the D is still further out, then where does that put Geno and what is the opportunity cost of that salary?

WarHawks

Reaction score
He's definitely not the kind of qb who can take over a game and make miraculous comebacks. Good bridge qb for a year or two at most.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Just got beat by a team with a great roster and Brock Purdy under center. That's a better model.

Geno is more than acceptable. Get him some more help and he may even improve a bit. A little more solid in the IOL, and he has a better step-up lane. Maybe a more reliable third option in the passing game. Some RB depth to stop the run game from sputtering.

They're ready to get after some postseason success with Geno, but they're not ready as a roster. Address that first.

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
He's definitely not the kind of qb who can take over a game and make miraculous comebacks. Good bridge qb for a year or two at most.
That's sort of where I'm leaning. Like how Tarvaris Jackson was for this team.

Then I look at his stats, 30 TDs, 11 INTs, over 4k yards... I don't know. It's a tough one for sure

Frozenropers

Reaction score
Geno is fine…..not spectacular by any means but does the job. Seahawks issues primarily are on the defensive side of the ball. On offense, get a center with some sand in his pants and a new right guard (or draft a left guard and move Lewis back to RG) And the offense is fine.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I wouldn't be unhappy with Geno. I think he can learn a lot from this season and work on his shortcomings in the off-season. Unless there's a surefire draft pick or some diamond in the rough on some other team's bench or practice squad, Geno is a solid choice for next season. That's just going by play, though, not doing the math on cap stuff.

strohmin

Reaction score
Yes I want him to be our QB next year. We need to fix the defense to be at least respectable. Look at Denver, they had horrible QB play being paid so much and still their defense was pretty damn good. We should be able to field something atleast half as good even with paying Geno 30 million.

Scout

Reaction score
Offense is easy to address. RG/C upgrades and legit WR3 and the offense is ready to go. Icing on the cake is you can have Geno and still draft a QB to sit and learn. Either way Geno or a new QB walk into an offense that has most of the pieces ini place.

Defense needs overhaul. Coaching, talent and maybe even scheme. But lack of talent in the defensive front seven is #1 in my book.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
He just got outplayed Mr. Irrelevant.
Had kept pace with the Whiners in the first half, and then With CRAP Center & Guard Play, a sporadic 'Run Light' Game Ineligible man downfield THREE TIMES in the second half, O-N-E Interception by trying to f&^(ing hard to make a comeback against one of the best Defenses in the entire League, and his DEFENSE that played like CRAP in the second half and allowed the Whiners to score at will.
Give Geno the multiple weapons that Purdy had at his disposal, and this is an entirely different Offense.

Msfann

Reaction score
I think Geno wins a ton of games if we had a halfway decent D. He wasn't my first choice at the start of the year but he did way better than I thought he would and I would be happy with him starting next year.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Geno knows how to run the offense and I think deserves recognition for a top 10 year. It's tough to say if that'll continue, as the team kinda stalled towards the end and he had a lot of should be turnovers. He'll also be 33 and will want as much money as possible given the time it took him to get a genuine QB contract, which I have no problem with him wanting. I don't know how happy I'd be with a $30+ mil contract for him.

I also think Drew Lock may be who JS is banking on. He really likes him, is still really young, and Drew has all the physical tools in the world, just needs to figure out the mental piece. I found some of the comments from Pete about the system making it easy on QB's to succeed interesting, makes me think if Geno chases the bag they may be okay letting Drew take over.

NoChops

Reaction score
Geno knows how to run the offense and I think deserves recognition for a top 10 year. It's tough to say if that'll continue, as the team kinda stalled towards the end and he had a lot of should be turnovers. He'll also be 33 and will want as much money as possible given the time it took him to get a genuine QB contract, which I have no problem with him wanting. I don't know how happy I'd be with a $30+ mil contract for him.

I also think Drew Lock may be who JS is banking on. He really likes him, is still really young, and Drew has all the physical tools in the world, just needs to figure out the mental piece. I found some of the comments from Pete about the system making it easy on QB's to succeed interesting, makes me think if Geno chases the bag they may be okay letting Drew take over.
this.

Geno had an amazing year, and he could have more, but age. We can get Lock back at less than half Geno's price and put the money where it needs to be on D.

A.D.I.D.A.S.

Reaction score
Sounded like Jordan Babineaux was pushing for Geno to get Jimmy G money on the post-game show.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Yes I want him to be our QB next year. We need to fix the defense to be at least respectable. Look at Denver, they had horrible QB play being paid so much and still their defense was pretty damn good. We should be able to field something atleast half as good even with paying Geno 30 million.
I'd like him to be the Seahawks QB next year. I like his attitude. He's going to be better
Next year. Put a defense together

m0ng0

Reaction score
No, I don't believe he is the future, it's nothing personal, I want a young player we can hitch our wagon to for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:

Latest posts