Do you believe?

vin.couve12

Reaction score
The thought that RW makes us a SB contender might as well make you an Indianapolis Colt. That's what they believe as an organization and as a fan base and they ran Luck into the dirt. In fact, RW was not unlike Luck last year. What you're asking for will be RW's undoing.

Second thing is that the commitment to a strong and even dominant run game....absolutely constitutes building around RW. Getting back to team football rather than the hero ball we've been playing will net more consistent productivity on offense.

rcaido

Reaction score
With Earl we win the division...Without we make the wildcard.

Wilson is still the difference maker for our team. With the new added players/coaches im hopeful for our offense. 2 new kickers/ 2 running back, tight ends that block yeah we will be good.

Defensively i think we might step back a little but not much. Bennett, Avril, Kam, & Sherm will be hard to replace but i believe in Pete.

Atradees

Reaction score
Luck cannot be compared to the Superbowl winning Wilson. Luck may never even get to the Big Show. Wilson will go back to it again.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
If that team had Luck instead of Wilson you honestly think we wouldn't have won?

We won because of a great defense and HOF quality RB. Not because of a rookie QB.

He helped but so Luck would have done fine for us too.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":2jn3lut9 said:
What does the majority here believe?

I was vocal about routes, blocking scheme and play calling under the previous offense system and OC O line coach, call that negative if you want but it turns out my opinion along with others was correct. Calling out deficiencies is part of being a fan as well.

But I am also now optimistic about the offense, Schotty has more disciplined and accountability for his QB and players. Solari is more old school punch them in the mouth and keep punch versus lets say a more finesse type scheme.

On Defense I think Pete got wrapped up a bit in his own success and feeling of I knew I could do it and was busy showing everyone he did versus continuing his approach of the best play and holding them accountable, that's coaches and players. With the run and amount of games played players had more mileage on them and injuries ramped up a lot do to the equivalent of more seasons played when you include all the playoff games and less rest off season. The turnover should have happened a couple years ago more slowly and we would not have had the dip along with the change in the Offensive scheme.

Water under the bridge now so going forward.

Is the FO out of ideas?

No, just delinquent in the follow thru of it, that's being corrected and our so called defensive stars in some positions have been moved or allowed to move on. We have hungry guys that have been sitting in the wings and in quantities, add a few F.A. we have signed and the competition will rise, it may look different to complement their unique skills, just as the defense did with the smarts and length of Sherm and physicality of Kam along with the brutality of Browner and Speed of Earl. Additionally, Clemens was a WTF did we get him for when we let Jackson go to Detroit and traded Tapp for him. Then we moved Bryant to Leo and we were all hearing he would have been cut under the previous regime and considered a bust at DT. Brought in Brock when Clemons was injured and we were going what, he has nothing left. Then Avril and we were going why do we need him, he just benefitted from Suh presence in Detroit. Oh and then the Bennett thing, he was a system guy in Tampa and guy we let go the first time and a retread.

On and On it has gone, we have had failures to be sure but we have a lot of success, our failures just happen to be guys that have garnered a lot of headlines.

Will the OLine be improved?

Easy answer yes, they will be worked in a position they know and learn it, more basic and using their strengths and not trying to take the Hulk and make him the Flash so to speak.

Will the there be a running game?

Yes, see above, and we will use the skill sets of our guys better, they can catch and we will have a legitimate blocking TE and FB, all that will make a defense honest and have to respect the run game.

Will the pass D be adequate?

Again I say yes, screens and timing routes will help a lot, the running game will help more, defenses will not start out in a sprinters position to get to Wilson.

Will the D Line be able to pressure opposing QBs?

We have three former 1st round picks that we picked up from what many considered a scrap heap, they got healthy and showed something at the end of last season, we have Clark and we will use Mingo and Shaquem, Norton will blitz more and we will be more of a Quinn aggressive defense then the conservative hope they make a mistake deep zone of Bradley or Richards defense.

Will Our new DC be an improvement over Richard?

We were at our best as an aggressive defense, hitters need to hit, aggressive mentality needs to be able to play down hill not on their heals, we will get more turnovers also.

Will our new OC be an improvement over Bevell (not that that wouldn’t be hard)?

Schotty will use a more complicated route system, timing as I stated above and screens not the ones that start with a Bubble, but RB's in the flat and swing routes, pick routes and different levels of the field, I also think he will use the middle more, Bevel never went crossing patterns or seam routes rarely with the TE. Add the improved running game and the whole offense will look rejuvenated. Throw in Motion , yes Motion and shifts to help Russell Identify coverage and blitz's and it will be a lot better, Wilson will need more study time and be asked to carry more of the load as far as audibles and change ups based on what he see's as well.

Where will the team finish in the Division this season?

I expect the first half to have bumps as everyone has to get timing down and comfort levels, we will also see moments of brilliance as well. Cards have talent but a QB transition happening and that's never smooth, add a new Coach and that's bumpier still, 49ers had a run at the end of the season, but now everyone has had a whole off season to look at what they did, They don't have all the pieces yet on offense, I think we can take away their running game and make them one dimensional just with our team as it is. Question is can the rest of the league. I think it will be a dogfight for the Wildcard with the 49ers for second in the division in honest evaluation that is if all the talent the Rams added does not eat each other, focused and clicking out of the gate they could be a very scary team, if what typically happens with a dream team does they will devour each other Percy Harvin style when they hit their first major road block and then it will be trying to keep the wheels on the rest of the season. They may still win the division but it won't be going away and us or the 49ers could steal the top spot by a game easily if they implode.

Do you believe?

I believe in what I have seen to date, that's an attempt to correct the course, I need more information to see if the winds are at our back or if were still waiting to raise the sails so to speak. I think when we see it click it won't be a questionable, its just when and if the players here will rise to the occasion. I think the mediots stories will feed a early push by the players that they can build on. We have the Front office that will use those in a motivating manner, many teams don't have that psychological advantage that Pete uses with his players.

Excellent post ^^^^, pretty much parallels my mindset.
Whoever wins the NFC WEST is going to have a fight on their hands, I haven't lost faith in Pete Carroll's ability to answer any challenge that's thrown at him, so yes, I do BELIEVE.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Atradees":1rofyb96 said:
Luck cannot be compared to the Superbowl winning Wilson. Luck may never even get to the Big Show. Wilson will go back to it again.
Luck, like hundreds of other QBs, was ruined by the very same notions that put him on that pedestal. It would have happened to Wilson too if he didn't go to a complete team with a tough, overall winning formula. The "go win the game for us, Johnny [buttslap] mantra is weak and desperate and it ruins them.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2lo3nouo said:
If that team had Luck instead of Wilson you honestly think we wouldn't have won?

We won because of a great defense and HOF quality RB. Not because of a rookie QB.

ST was dominant too.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":322o67zv said:

You don't know that for a fact...Wilson was able to scramble for a few hundred yards and bolster the run game, & that's just ONE of the differences that he brings to the game, PLUS, he's shown durability, and Luck?, not so much.
It takes more than just having a good arm.
Wilson has survived shitty Pass protection, + he was the Seahawks top rusher last season.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ivotuk":1jjmjn5y said:
I'm a firm believer that, as long as we have Russell Wilson, we're a SuperB Owl contender.

I think we're a PLAYOFF contender with Russell. But as we've found out floundering in and out of the playoffs the past three years, just having Russell isn't enough.

If we want to be a grind our opponents down with a nasty run/play action big play offense............then the defense has to become great again.

That didn't happen last year, and IMO still needs some playmakers this year. Especially on the D-line. Clark isn't enough.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I believe they will be a playoff team in 2019. But I still see 9-7 this season, and with Russ under center, we will likely be in every game. A lot of growth with the new guys as the season progresses, and I think we are right back in the mix next season. Hope to be very wrong and they sneak in this season. This team needed a LOT of change, and that's exactly what we are seeing. On a side note, STILL posting that the Hawks won because of the D and running game?? Yeah, Russ had NOTHING to do with their success :roll:

vin.couve12

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1n1donbl said:
TwistedHusky":1n1donbl said:

You don't know that for a fact...Wilson was able to scramble for a few hundred yards and bolster the run game, & that's just ONE of the differences that he brings to the game, PLUS, he's shown durability, and Luck?, not so much.
It takes more than just having a good arm.
Wilson has survived shitty Pass protection, + he was the Seahawks top rusher last season.
RW had a Luck like season last year on a Luck like team, albeit still having a better than average defense (11th in yards, 13th in pts).

Doesn't get you anywhere and if they were to keep playing hero ball, RW will end up just like him.

There's literally no point in trying to make a point about how good he is while playing on a losing team with bad, desperate team philosophy. That's Colt fan-esque and that actually IS the point. It's self demise.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":2o5h6681 said:
pittpnthrs":2o5h6681 said:
I've said 8-8 for awhile now. I just cant see the team reaching the heights of a division title or even a wild card when the talent we gave up was replaced with lesser, cheaper players. So many question marks. Will the Oline be worth a darn, will we be able to run the ball at an average rate, will the defense be decent, will our kicker be with us for the season and can he still kick, can the new coaches push us forward, etc,,,. All of this and we play in the same division as the loaded Rams. I also still think Pete bails after the 2019 season when his contract is up. This season,,,I do not believe.
You give no value to changes in our kicking game, punting game, running game, OL coach change, OC coach change, draft, or the launching of 2 of our loudest, highly paid detractors.
Some folks can only see the negative angle. It is their agenda.

And you just listed a bunch of question marks that i'm concerned with. How many of those areas are going to work out and how many wont? I promise you not all of them will. Also, as i've said before, sure we got rid of 2 loud, drama queens, but we didnt clear the slate. Theres still players here that will cause plenty of drama and issues. Heck, Earls already doing it. I guarantee Kam is going to run his mouth about something this year too and he's not even going to play. All that being said, we may have replaced those couple of detractors with other bodies, but we didnt replace their talent. See how that works? Regardless of all that, why dont you offer up your own opinion instead of crapping on somebody elses? I'm sure we'll be enlightened.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3rpugbn9 said:

I about fell over when I saw you predicting them to go 9-7. I figured you for a 16-0 guy with at least an appearance in the Super Bowl. You predict 9-7 and i'm at 8-8. Who would have thought we we're standing on common ground?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Only speaking for myself.... I think they are heading in the right direction with some of the recent major coaching changes and what I think is a great draft. I think a lot of the short term success depends on Earl Thomas playing for Seattle.

If you trade him for peanuts like most suggest you are taking 3 steps backwards. If you sign ET to an extension the quicker the route to future Super Bowl’s will be taken.

Jac

Reaction score
Aros":182jdoil said:
There will always be a small but very vocal collective of noisy negativists. It's always been that way from the moment I started the community back in 1998.

It's amazing it's been 20 years. I've actually been following this site pretty much daily all the way back to that era. AFC West posters were pretty dismissive and/or hard on us back then. We hadn't won anything, weren't a threat to win anything, and even though the Chargers were in the same boat, they got defended by others because at least they were all AFL together (ha, until I typed that forgot that there was actually a time here and the AFC West sister site when AFL affiliation was a message board bullet point). And there was this poster named 'Super Seahawk' who was so over-the-top optimistic, he was the lightning rod for incoming negativity.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I hear ya Pitt. Homer yes, but with all those losses, it's reality. And I hope to be wrong in a good way.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Jac":3ouo5s29 said:
Aros":3ouo5s29 said:
There will always be a small but very vocal collective of noisy negativists. It's always been that way from the moment I started the community back in 1998.

It's amazing it's been 20 years. I've actually been following this site pretty much daily all the way back to that era. AFC West posters were pretty dismissive and/or hard on us back then. We hadn't won anything, weren't a threat to win anything, and even though the Chargers were in the same boat, they got defended by others because at least they were all AFL together (ha, until I typed that forgot that there was actually a time here and the AFC West sister site when AFL affiliation was a message board bullet point). And there was this poster named 'Super Seahawk' who was so over-the-top optimistic, he was the lightning rod for incoming negativity.

Wow that's cool you have been following the site for that long! I too find it hard to believe it was 20 years ago (maybe someone could change up the masthead to reflect 20 years?). Wherever does the time go? So many names and faces over those years. Many friendships built and still flourish today. NET Bashes, Amber the Sea Gal, fighting with PR Director Dave Pearson, Les and Cheney...Ah, the memories.

Here's to the next 20!

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
I'm a homer and proud of it. I only enjoy watching Seahawks (and Huskies) games, all the rest of the teams I couldn't care any less about. The draft & all of the lead up to it, I only look for Seahawk players that would improve the roster & over the years my involvement with the draft & Seahawk picks has become a significant hobby that I enjoy.

I find it difficult to try and project out a season record at this point in time. I think we will all have major changes in our projections after the 4 pre-season games when the roster is nearly settled. Currently, considering that I think the Seahawks had an excellent (B+) draft, IF I had to predict their season record, I'd say somewhere between 10 & 12 wins and at a minimum a playoff spot and from there, anything could happen, including a SB appearance if all goes well. As a fan, I'm happy to remain +, rather than - until such time as the team actually has shown otherwise. I don't listen to the natsayers about this draft class because at this point it's all "opinions" and absolutely nothing else.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Ah, the .Net bashes, they certainly were fun and you got to meet all the guys especially our famous Pithy Radish (later just Radish) Les and and his very nice wife Darlene, Todd and Hawkstorian John, and better still even be visited by the very gracious and totally gorgeous SeaGal Amber bearing gifts. What a totally awesome lady, hope she is having success in LA.

For sure we were a bunch of internet dweebs, but it was great to just hangout together. We need to have a reunion somewhere. I was always sad I never got to TC in Cheney b/c there there was also close and frequent social interaction with the players.

Yep it’s been very close to 20 years for me at the various sites this wonderful fan forum has moved to. Many thanks to Todd for starting this thing of ours and to RockHawk for keeping it going. It is an exceptional fan site.