Do they win if Wentz played?

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Popeyejones":tyug5y2f said:
Absolutely no way to answer that question.

Clowney should have been ejected IMO.

And just like with Wentz (who would have been out for the game regardless of if Clowney were ejected or not), there's no way to know what would have happened if Clowney was ejected.

Suppose Clowney got ejected and Wentz kept on playing the game. The Seahawks still could have ended up winning. Once you start fiddling with the dials who's to say.

These types of hyptheticals are only good for trying to reach predetermined conclusions IMO.

The game was played and the Seahawks won it, and that won't be changed by fiddling with hypothetial dials.
Ejected! GTFOH with that chicken shit. Post that on your own board where people will believe it.

tifferradish

Reaction score
Popeyejones":171rtpqb said:

And just like with Wentz (who would have been out for the game regardless of if Clowney were ejected or not), there's no way to know what would have happened if Clowney was ejected.

Suppose Clowney got ejected and Wentz kept on playing the game. The Seahawks still could have ended up winning. Once you start fiddling with the dials who's to say.

These types of hyptheticals are only good for trying to reach predetermined conclusions IMO.

The game was played and the Seahawks won it, and that won't be changed by fiddling with hypothetial dials.

Ejected? For making a play? It was unfortunate that Wentz got a concussion, but Clowney wasn’t trying to hurt him. Don’t be an idiot.

Oh, go Vikings.

Aw Mang

Reaction score
Seattle wins no matter what, Wentz or no Wentz. My concern is we didn’t put bad teams away . Seattle tends to let bad teams hang around

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Eagles fans whine, cry, or boast... if win its boast, lose its excuses... Wentz isn’t changing it..but he has same contract as Wilson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cymatica

Reaction score
Popeyejones":284k0wvm said:

:177692: :177692: :34853_doh:

I'm sorry, but if you ever had any credibility, it's completely gone with that eject Clowney bs. Even a penalty would have been ticky tac.

Wilson got thrown to the ground 3 seconds after a throw, so I'm sure you think the Eagles player should have been ejected.

Rat

Reaction score
I doubt there was malicious intent on the hit, but it was still wrong and absolutely should have been at least flagged. We'd all be beyond furious if Russ had been knocked out of a game on a hit like that.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
tifferradish":rv9yqbf4 said:
Popeyejones":rv9yqbf4 said:

Ejected? For making a play? It was unfortunate that Wentz got a concussion, but Clowney wasn’t trying to hurt him. Don’t be an idiot.

Oh, go Vikings.

The way to not hurt him is to do what people do 99.5 times out of 100 in that situation when you're not sure if someone is down by contact or not by reaching down and tagging them with your hand. I thought what he did instead was dirty AF and completely inexcusable, but we agree that me thinking that changes nothing in terms of real outcomes OR hypothetical outcomes.

Good luck against the Packers next week and good luck on no injuries too. :2thumbs:

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Rat":2cc4hi5q said:
I doubt there was malicious intent on the hit, but it was still wrong and absolutely should have been at least flagged. We'd all be beyond furious if Russ had been knocked out of a game on a hit like that.

Penalized, yes. Ejected? Hell no. This isn't college.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I don’t believe we out score a healthy Wentz. We just don’t make adjustments we’ll enough. For example the booth pointed out that for most of the game the Eagles has their safety reading our TE. If our TE blocks he blitzes. Just about every other staff in the NFL, Canadian, NCAA, and most highschool coordinators see that and figure a way to flat BURN IT especially with Russell Wilson under center. Seahawks make no adjustments though. No risk no reward run the clock protect the ball. It worked because the Eagles were playing with a QB that was coaching highschool a few weeks ago. If this team is going to reach it’s true potential Pete has to get out of the way and let it roll.

droop828

Reaction score
You can never say what would have happened but I’m not a huge Wentz fan and I think he would have folded under the pressure of getting a playoff win after what Foles did a few years back and not having any experience.

chris98251

Reaction score
I really thought the defense looked good with Wentz in there also and kind of went more prevent with McCown in there.

ScottishHawk84

Reaction score
He didn’t show anything when he was in..if anything we were confused as to how to deal with Josh. I think it would’ve been exactly the same..even worse for the eagles..Wentz turns the ball over way more!

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Popeyejones":8icqslus said:
tifferradish":8icqslus said:
Popeyejones":8icqslus said:

Oh, go Vikings.

The way to not hurt him is to do what people do 99.5 times out of 100 in that situation when you're not sure if someone is down by contact or not by reaching down and tagging them with your hand. I thought what he did instead was dirty AF and completely inexcusable, but we agree that me thinking that changes nothing in terms of real outcomes OR hypothetical outcomes.

Good luck against the Packers next week and good luck on no injuries too. :2thumbs:

I have never seen an NFL player ejected for a hit like that. Ever.

You don’t like Seattle fans pushing the conspiracy angle, and you come in here pushing this nonsense??

You have credibility here. Don’t flush it away with this horrid take.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Rat":3740t0a4 said:
"Still Wrong", HMFP!! Wilson has received SEVERAL CHICKEN SHIT HITS in MANY games, and NO Defenders WERE EJECTED.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Rat":1qaan734 said:

I don’t think anyone disagrees with you.

It should have been a penalty.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":33cae6yu said:
I don’t believe we out score a healthy Wentz. We just don’t make adjustments we’ll enough. For example the booth pointed out that for most of the game the Eagles has their safety reading our TE. If our TE blocks he blitzes. Just about every other staff in the NFL, Canadian, NCAA, and most highschool coordinators see that and figure a way to flat BURN IT especially with Russell Wilson under center. Seahawks make no adjustments though. No risk no reward run the clock protect the ball. It worked because the Eagles were playing with a QB that was coaching highschool a few weeks ago. If this team is going to reach it’s true potential Pete has to get out of the way and let it roll.
Pete DID "Get Out Of The Way", and guess what?.....They STILL WON :stirthepot:

Ambrose83

Reaction score
brimsalabim":fp0yp3dc said:

Totally, the 25 yards they had totally screens we lose .

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Popeyejones":yqdh46mv said:

This makes you sound biased, even if you don't intend to. In football, gameplans matter and the Seahawks had a gameplan for Wentz. In the last game, Wentz had 5 turnovers. The Seahawks are 5-0 against the Eagles in this era. This isn't about hypothetical dials at this point, just strongly educated guesses which is a common part of sports debate.

Wentz was a runner in that situation and Clowney went low simultaneously as Wentz was falling forward. Can you show, or reference another example where a player was ejected for a play like that?

renofox

Reaction score
The answer depends on who you ask.

Eagles fans-> Without a doubt.

Seahawks fans who bitch about everything (including how "bad" the defense was today) -> Probably

People with functioning brains -> No

Reaneypark

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":3pckesf3 said:
Popeyejones":3pckesf3 said:

Ejected! GTFOH with that chicken $h!t. Post that on your own board where people will believe it.

Right, it’s not college.

Latest posts