DK is a super weapon

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1a1ugcu7 said:
EverydayImRusselin":1a1ugcu7 said:
He was a steal, plain and simple.
Thank God he slipped twice on his three-cone drill at the combine, lol.

Buffalo Wild Wings to the rescue. :twisted: :2thumbs:

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
To the point that DK is not just a great player, but great person as well, his comment when asked what Lynch said following his TD tickled me.
"On what Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch said after his touchdown:
“That’s like classified information.”
:lol: :lol:

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
peppersjap":1mdkuij2 said:
The best thing about that last catch today was that he went up to meet the ball instead of waiting on it. If he waited on it he possibly has a TD but he showed he cared more about the 1st down and the team. He is impressive as a player and as a person. I thought he had a great game vs SF last week too. I had high expectations when we drafted him and he has exceeded those!

Agreed. Looked like a Center going up to get a rebound that he knows will ice the game. Loved the aggression, the high pointing of the ball and securing the catch.

DK had an absolute monster game. IMO it was just a matter of time until he had a game like this, we've been seeing the progress and his ability through the season. Felt like he put it all together yesterday. We're so lucky to have a WR built like he is, both mentally and physically. Dude has insane potential.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":33bqnxoi said:
peppersjap":33bqnxoi said:
The best thing about that last catch today was that he went up to meet the ball instead of waiting on it. If he waited on it he possibly has a TD but he showed he cared more about the 1st down and the team. He is impressive as a player and as a person. I thought he had a great game vs SF last week too. I had high expectations when we drafted him and he has exceeded those!

Agreed. Looked like a Center going up to get a rebound that he knows will ice the game. Loved the aggression, the high pointing of the ball and securing the catch.

DK had an absolute monster game. IMO it was just a matter of time until he had a game like this, we've been seeing the progress and his ability through the season. Felt like he put it all together yesterday. We're so lucky to have a WR built like he is, both mentally and physically. Dude has insane potential.

"Dude has insane potential."
I thought when we got him he would become a new version of Atlanta's Julio and games like he had yesterday would get to be a norm for him. That appears to be the course he's on.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Appyhawk":w2x8ktc0 said:
JGfromtheNW":w2x8ktc0 said:
peppersjap":w2x8ktc0 said:

"Dude has insane potential."
I thought when we got him he would become a new version of Atlanta's Julio and games like he had yesterday would get to be a norm for him. That appears to be the course he's on.

Agreed. Not to put the cart ahead of the horse as far expectations going forward, but he looked like Julio or Megatron out there yesterday.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
He obliterated the record for yards by a rookie in his debut playoff game. Philly was one of the many teams that passed on him, and took another reciever.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

chris98251

Reaction score
I will be happy if DK is as inconsistent as Terrell Owens was in his career but without the self adulations.

John63

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":2duhzqwi said:
John63":2duhzqwi said:
RolandDeschain":2duhzqwi said:
John63":2duhzqwi said:
I really liked the DK draft. All that said lets see how he is next week, During the year when he had an incredible game he disappeared the next. Consistency is tough for any rookie.
I wouldn't put that on him so much as I would put it on our offensive philosophy. We are always near the bottom of the league in pass attempts.

We through 30 times today we avg over 30 a game. So not an excuse. Hopefully his up and down changes
He's not up and down. He's 3rd in yards and TDs among rookie WRs. That's up. Normally WRs take time transitioning to the pro game, going against pro DBs every week, etc. Metcalf's regular-season stats put him #34 among all NFL WRs, which is just fine for a rookie.

Today his 160 yards set the NFL record for receiving yards by a rookie in a playoff game. That it came on only 7 receptions, means an average of almost 23 yards per reception, which is pretty phenomenal.

The other 5 rookies who have played in playoff games this year had 92 yards on 6 receptions, combined.

Hmm thata all great but again we are bot talking about the other rookies, not am I saying he is bad. I made it clear that I really like him. That said he has been, like most rookies up and down remember it is not just yards or receptions but also mistakes, drops, fumbles etc. He now has 2 great games in a row so hopefully the consistancy will be there too.

John63

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1rb9d6cd said:
He is a flat out beast. Just a month ago people were calling him butterfingers etc. Glad he continued to grind and he doesn't look like a rook at all.

Agreed

toffee

Reaction score
Wondering GB will double team Metcalf and rather take chances with Lockett. If only we have Dissly, Carson, Penny and healthy OL for the playoff push.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John63

Reaction score
toffee":2x2y1pzb said:
Wondering GB will double team Metcalf and rather take chances with Lockett. If only we have Dissly, Carson, Penny and healthy OL for the playoff push.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In there lies a problem we have 2 legit wr and the ..sorry Doug a bunch of pedestrian wrs. Of course given PC saying Lynch is going to be on a bigger role, it may not matter, and that is not a good thing either. We will need to run the same offense we realized we could not run the ball, and run out of it letting the pass setup the run. We need another WR to step up...again.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Elemas":2po43k3t said:

I don't know what to make of this post. Is it a presentation of your anti-Metcalf opinion, or a pundit snark?
In any case I thank Philly for making the pick they did and I'd do everything I could to make DK a Seahawk for life. He is becoming an outstanding player, is an outstanding individual with a second to none work ethic, and has a wonderful family.
Who could ask for more?

As for "up and down", I expect to see that repeated as he will be a focus of opposition game paln scheming, which will open up other threats for us to exploit. Same as Clowney does for our defense.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
58 catches for 900 yards and 7 TD's in the regular season. The most yards EVER for a rookie WR in a playoff debut, with an incredible touchdown and the dagger catch to end it. Also, he broke the Seahawks receiving record for ANY receiver in a playoff game.

I'd say he had a hell of a season for a rookie. And at the last pick in Round 2? Absolute steal of a draft pick.

chris98251

Reaction score
This is why you have him, healthy Lockett and Metcalf and Hollister or Homer/ Lynch out of the back field makes a team have to adjust on the fly based on formations.

Wilson is getting better at exploiting the match ups and DK is getting better at learning to sell his routes and use his body.

Just have to get Hollister to settle down a bit and not be so jumpy.

Being able to possibly have a semblance of a run game in Green Bay will help out everyone a lot, those extra seconds will give 10 yards of field for our receivers to work in waiting for health report in Green Bay.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
peppersjap":305n8kg8 said:

Yeah I still remember that one receiver at the end of the SB waiting for it...