Divisional Round Injury Reports (UPDATED 1/15)

JPatera76

Reaction score
Aros":1act8mdb said:
I think this article really underscores the division that is Marshawn Lynch when it comes to the dichotomy of how he's perceived by the players versus the organization. When you see his actions in a linear time frame it really hits home. For the record, I will be eternally grateful for what he has done for this team and us fans by his performance on the field. However, the off-the-field distractions and antics I am quite over.

http://mynorthwest.com/292/2891389/Beas ... this-point

Thanks for posting this, its a well thought out time line of events essentially. And the part in bold I agree 100% with now. His performance and what he's done with the team will never be forgotten. And he needs to decide if and when he's ready to hang up the cleats, if he wants to be remembered for everything he did on the field, or if he wants it to be shadowed with all the off-the-field distractions and antics.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":2fad5h7g said:
We can judge Marshawn's off the field antics all we want, but I believe people are forgetting that we knew what we were getting when we traded for him from Buffalo. He was a player with baggage. A malcontent. It may have manifested differently here in Seattle, but we knew what type of person he was/is.

I wouldn't call him a malcontent. Percy Harvin was a malcontent that rubbed players and coaches the wrong way by being selfish and causing problems within the locker room.

Lynch is an ass to the press, and isn't concerned with how the team wants him to act off the field and train.

But every teammate to a man loves Lynch, loves him in the locker room and loves what he brings to the team as far as toughness and setting the tone.

Now maybe after he leaves we'll start to hear otherwise? idk, but as of today? Who's ever said a bad word about Lynch inside the locker room? All we ever hear is "No one has a problem with Marshawn, we love Marshawn, guy's a baller."

flmmkrz

Reaction score
I can understand the frustration with the timing in which ML told the team he couldn't play, I'm with ya. I don't question his loyalty to his teamates however, if he could be there and help he would have played, I truly believe that. Despite any ill feelings he had over contracts etc when it was time to play he was always a pro and he's earned the right to get the benefit of the doubt from me. He is beloved by teamates and he's shown that those relationships are the ones that matter to him, he might be tempted to give the organization a little f u but not his teamates not after how hard they worked to get there and I don't believe even the organization at that time. My guess is he thought he could gut it out, reality hit him at the worst possible timing and he made the call. I would bet on him playing this week

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1jok05x5 said:
CodeWarrior":1jok05x5 said:
We can judge Marshawn's off the field antics all we want, but I believe people are forgetting that we knew what we were getting when we traded for him from Buffalo. He was a player with baggage. A malcontent. It may have manifested differently here in Seattle, but we knew what type of person he was/is.

I wouldn't call him a malcontent. Percy Harvin was a malcontent that rubbed players and coaches the wrong way by being selfish and causing problems within the locker room.

Lynch is an ass to the press, and isn't concerned with how the team wants him to act off the field and train.

But every teammate to a man loves Lynch, loves him in the locker room and loves what he brings to the team as far as toughness and setting the tone.

Now maybe after he leaves we'll start to hear otherwise? idk, but as of today? Who's ever said a bad word about Lynch inside the locker room? All we ever hear is "No one has a problem with Marshawn, we love Marshawn, guy's a baller."

A malcontent as it relates to the FO/organization, not his teammates.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
wow. love all the people on the board that should support your team and its players turning on the players...oh wait, that always happens on this negative place. cheerio and perhaps i will come back another day. jeesh .

ivotuk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":kxiqohru said:
This was the first practice in ten weeks where Marshawn was listed as a full participant. Luke Willson also returned fully to practice today. Michael Bennett once again did not practice in order to rest his toe injury. Will Tukuafu also sat out with a hamstring injury that he suffered against the Vikings.

Carolina had (nearly) all hands on neck, as well, minus backup RB Fozzy Whitaker. Jonathan Stewart (foot) and Ted Ginn (knee) returned to practice as full participants.

UjQdqyJ

:lol: They must be getting fistrated...or frustrated.

ivotuk

Reaction score
JPatera76":1vtdakjo said:
Aros":1vtdakjo said:
I think this article really underscores the division that is Marshawn Lynch when it comes to the dichotomy of how he's perceived by the players versus the organization. When you see his actions in a linear time frame it really hits home. For the record, I will be eternally grateful for what he has done for this team and us fans by his performance on the field. However, the off-the-field distractions and antics I am quite over.

http://mynorthwest.com/292/2891389/Beas ... this-point

Thanks for posting this, its a well thought out time line of events essentially. And the part in bold I agree 100% with now. His performance and what he's done with the team will never be forgotten.

And he needs to decide if and when he's ready to hang up the cleats, if he wants to be remembered for everything he did on the field, or if he wants it to be shadowed with all the off-the-field distractions and antics.

This is an excellent point. I've been thinking about Marshawn and the Hall of Fame. I think he deserves to be in because of how he changed this team, and effected the rest of the NFL. However, I think he needs to play one more full year and not go out on a year like this.

My hope is that he will come back next year on a reduced contract, with a reduced workload, so that he can play all year and go out on a good note.

Love you Marshawn, and I want to see you in the Ring of Honor, and the Hall of Fame. :thgeterdone:

Anthony!

Reaction score
I will say it again great if he plays but they stay with the offense of the 2nd half, Bad if they revert.

mrt144

Reaction score
ivotuk":340rygxj said:
And he needs to decide if and when he's ready to hang up the cleats, if he wants to be remembered for everything he did on the field, or if he wants it to be shadowed with all the off-the-field distractions and antics.

Where's the shame in not caring either way. Legacies are for those who care about them.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2ctyxz55 said:
The venom you guys have for Marshawn blows me away.

It's almost like most of you been lurking and just waiting for a reason to turn on him. Now that you can you have.

Keep your hate. Please don't cheer for him if he does well.

Agreed. He's literally given us everything over the last 4+ years .. how fickle a fan base we are.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Anthony!":2bfuien1 said:
I will say it again great if he plays but they stay with the offense of the 2nd half, Bad if they revert.

You do realize the "offense of the 2nd half" included a resurgence in the running game right?

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3izl0hu6 said:
Anthony!":3izl0hu6 said:

You do realize the "offense of the 2nd half" included a resurgence in the running game right?

No, I don't think he realizes that we ran the ball more than we threw it in the 2nd half of the season, which is a stark contrast from the 41 times we threw the ball in the season-opening loss to the Rams or the mere 15 carries for RBs in the loss to GB. A healthy Marshawn Lynch makes Russell Wilson better.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I've heard it said, and I believe it's true, that Marshawn loves his team mates and sacrifices his body for them. Which makes me think that maybe he wanted to be there so bad for them last weekend, but at the last moment realized that he just wasn't physically ready.

I'm betting that since this is the first time Lynch has had a major injury, that it is hard for him to deal with. He's always been the one dishing out the punishment, he's "Beast Mode," but, he's also human. Now he has to accept that and learn a whole new way to approach football.

Remember, it took 12 million dollars to convince him to come back. I think he wanted to quit before something like this happened. On Conan he said "But when they put 12 in front of you, you think "pheeww" maybe I can do this one more year.

IMOH, there is no way that Marshawn did this as a "game," because it would hurt his connection with the people he cares about most, his team mates.

As far as him working out with MMA and in his hometown, Pete has always said he has no problem with that because Marshawn shows up in fantastic shape, ready to go.

So I think anyone attributing this to anything more than Lynch doing what he thinks is best for his body and longevity is way off base. I just don't see that kind of man in Marshawn Lynch. :179422:

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":2m7o4oly said:
I've heard it said, and I believe it's true, that Marshawn loves his team mates and sacrifices his body for them. Which makes me think that maybe he wanted to be there so bad for them last weekend, but at the last moment realized that he just wasn't physically ready.

I'm betting that since this is the first time Lynch has had a major injury, that it is hard for him to deal with. He's always been the one dishing out the punishment, he's "Beast Mode," but, he's also human. Now he has to accept that and learn a whole new way to approach football.

Remember, it took 12 million dollars to convince him to come back. I think he wanted to quit before something like this happened. On Conan he said "But when they put 12 in front of you, you think "pheeww" maybe I can do this one more year.

IMOH, there is no way that Marshawn did this as a "game," because it would hurt his connection with the people he cares about most, his team mates.

As far as him working out with MMA and in his hometown, Pete has always said he has no problem with that because Marshawn shows up in fantastic shape, ready to go.

So I think anyone attributing this to anything more than Lynch doing what he thinks is best for his body and longevity is way off base. I just don't see that kind of man in Marshawn Lynch. :179422:

THIS!!!

I not sure why people just want to be done with him. Just because he is hurt. I am sure his injury is due to him running so hard for the team. He has a set back and everyone wants to conspiracy theory this and attribute things they have no idea about. No wonder he doesn't talk to people. People are idiots.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
There has been no details about him, so I'm sticking with the weight issue
195 is a lot less that 211, and if you are beasting normally at 211, you may not have the confidence of beasting at 195.
If you don't have confidence in what you do, all is lost.

HawkGA

Reaction score
olyfan63":36g5rdph said:
IndyHawk":36g5rdph said:
Honestly I never get what that means,"The show me state"is that from the wild west times?Too lazy to look that up lol

Missouri has always been the "Show me" state, and the meaning has always been clear. Talk is just talk, and talk quickly becomes meaningless if not backed up by action.

Somehow I learned that in 4th grade in the Treasure State.

In Seahawks history, Chuck Knox had quite a few Knoxisms that fit right in with this whole concept.

Pretty sure the Show Me thing has to do with strip clubs. Just sayin'. Whatever fancy story people come up with now, it probably had a much more perverted origin.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
ivotuk":27f4pzlx said:

That is a great and rational break down and I am one that is on the fence.

I didn't want to restructure Lynch this last off season. I felt we would be better served to use that 12 mill to improve the O-line and or receiver position. I do still believe it would have been a better way to go but it is what it is.

I was worried about Lynch's mileage and age and that he was demanding so much I felt it crippled the team. All that coming from a player who has had a questionable relationship with the FO and can honestly come off as looking like he believes he is more important than the team.

This last episode has had me on the fence. I have honestly wondered if he was purposely being obtuse to maybe show his frustration with how the FO has dealt with him. I am still a little nervous about him taking all the team reps and then deciding he shouldn't play, leaving us with Michael who could have really used those reps. I was starting to get tarnished with a negative attitude and couldn't see another side. Your break down is something I really hadn't considered and it really seems like the most likely scenario.

Anyway thanks for taking the time. Good insight helps us all off the ledge from time to time.