Divisional Round Injury Reports (UPDATED 1/15)

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":44bi4z51 said:
The venom you guys have for Marshawn blows me away.

It's almost like most of you been lurking and just waiting for a reason to turn on him. Now that you can you have.

Keep your hate. Please don't cheer for him if he does well.
Very well said.

sc85sis

Reaction score
StoneCold":2zr71sqi said:
DavidSeven":2zr71sqi said:
CodeWarrior":2zr71sqi said:
Does the fact that this was Lynch's first significant procedure play into it at all? I don't think you can expect the guy to know how his body will respond.

I think this is probably a fair point. However, I think he and the team could've reached this conclusion a lot sooner if he had spent some time rehabbing with the team doctors rather than training at an MMA gym for seven weeks. Also, it would shock me if late Friday was the first time he doubted his availability. I know he beats to his own drum and hates authority figures, even when they're super nice guys like Pete Carroll, but he's got to keep the team informed.

That's sort of been my deal with this whole thing, and honestly, the uncertainty created by that decision could've easily cost them the playoff game in Minnesota. His toughness and desire to play, I will never question.

It's water under the bridge if he practices hard and makes it to Carolina.

Here is the meat of the matter. If it came out he KNEW Thursday he couldn't go, send him packing. But if he told them the moment he was certain, then he is doing what was best for the team. You suspect he may have known, but no one actually knows. And that drives me crazy.
I re-listened to Pete's appearance on Brock and Salk from Monday. He indicated that Marshawn had said something to the trainers during the week last week. I think that's why Pete kept saying "wait and see" with the press.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Ruminator":917o803d said:
I don't think Lynch could care less how cold it was. That was his first full week of practice, and the rigors of juking around and taking hits was undoubtedly a painful remainder that he's still on the mend.

I contend that you are wrong! IMO....the bitter cold was a major factor determining whether he got on that bus. Will Marshawn tell anyone what was the determining factor....not likely. If you will recall the last time Marshawn played in the cold, he would not even go inside at halftime.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":25tqiufs said:
ivotuk":25tqiufs said:
I've heard it said, and I believe it's true, that Marshawn loves his team mates and sacrifices his body for them. Which makes me think that maybe he wanted to be there so bad for them last weekend, but at the last moment realized that he just wasn't physically ready.

I'm betting that since this is the first time Lynch has had a major injury, that it is hard for him to deal with. He's always been the one dishing out the punishment, he's "Beast Mode," but, he's also human. Now he has to accept that and learn a whole new way to approach football.

Remember, it took 12 million dollars to convince him to come back. I think he wanted to quit before something like this happened. On Conan he said "But when they put 12 in front of you, you think "pheeww" maybe I can do this one more year.

IMOH, there is no way that Marshawn did this as a "game," because it would hurt his connection with the people he cares about most, his team mates.

As far as him working out with MMA and in his hometown, Pete has always said he has no problem with that because Marshawn shows up in fantastic shape, ready to go.

So I think anyone attributing this to anything more than Lynch doing what he thinks is best for his body and longevity is way off base. I just don't see that kind of man in Marshawn Lynch. :179422:

THIS!!!

I not sure why people just want to be done with him. Just because he is hurt. I am sure his injury is due to him running so hard for the team. He has a set back and everyone wants to conspiracy theory this and attribute things they have no idea about. No wonder he doesn't talk to people. People are idiots.

Me too.

Largent80

Reaction score
Tukuafu is a good blocker and better than Coleman, but it is what it is.

How the hell did Ginn get so free against us before?....Williams who is thankfully LONG GONE.

Anthony!

Reaction score
hawknation2015":28grn6gi said:
Hasselbeck":28grn6gi said:
Anthony!":28grn6gi said:
I will say it again great if he plays but they stay with the offense of the 2nd half, Bad if they revert.

Rhe "offense of the 2nd half" included a resurgence in the running game

We ran the ball more than we threw it in the 2nd half of the season, which is a stark contrast from the 41 times we threw the ball in the season-opening loss to the Rams or the mere 15 carries for RBs in the loss to GB. A healthy Marshawn Lynch makes Russell Wilson better.

Let me help you understand. First I never said anything about not running or running the ball only the style of offense if you do not understand the change in offensive philosophy from 1st half to 2nd then your blind. 2nd we ran the ball 245 times in the first half and 256 in the 2nd not a whole lot of difference there and that was with us usually being up big in the 2nd half games. 3rd Wilson did great without Lynch proving he does not need Lynch or Rawls. However the question is do they need him. The point is if they call the games and use the same game plan they did for most of the 2nd half we are good, if they go back to the first half game calling we are screwed. It is not about how much we run or do not or how much we pass or do not it is about the when and how. In the first half we were predictable and had slow developing plays, in the 2nd half we were mostly unpredictable and had quick plays. Will having Lynch make them go back to the first half style or stay with what worked. A healthy Marshawn can help but is he healthy and how rusty will he be, and will it change the game plan and play calling.