Divisional Round Injury Reports (UPDATED 1/15)

nanomoz

Reaction score
Lynch will play. And it will all suddenly make perfect sense why he wasn't IR'd.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":i9qp3prh said:
The venom you guys have for Marshawn blows me away.

It's almost like most of you been lurking and just waiting for a reason to turn on him. Now that you can you have.

Keep your hate. Please don't cheer for him if he does well.
It isn't hate.

It's fear.

jkitsune

Reaction score
I'm annoyed at Marshawn for the apparent lack of communication, but it sounds like he just didn't have confidence back. That makes sense to me. Anytime someone rehabs from a significant surgery, even if the tissue has healed, it can take longer to actually have faith that you'll be able to perform. Happens all the time with serious knee injuries.

If he's back, I hope he's right and plays well. It'll probably be the last few games we get to appreciate this HOF-level talent (though he may not ever get in), and he's never given anything less than his best on the field.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2ljy3szz said:

It's almost like most of you been lurking and just waiting for a reason to turn on him. Now that you can you have.

That reply smacks of hero worship. No one hates Lynch, but everyone wants what is best for the team now. And the routine is getting old. If you think even the coaching staff was ok with it, listen to how exasperated PC was talking about it and how clear theyve made it there was no physical set back, he just didnt feel he could go after 3 days of practice. And last week puts you in a awkward situation for this week.. do you give him the reps so he can see if he can make it? But if the answer ends up being "no"..then youve taken reps away from Michael that he needs.

As they are saying on the radio right now..if you dont make the trip, thats usually players who arent even close. Theres a difference between Sunday morning say "hey..cant go. Im sorry".. and not making the trip at all after 3 straight days of practice.

As far as cheering.. Dont presume to tell me who or when I can cheer, please. I want whats best for the team. Im unhappy with what happened last week and thats pretty reasonable.

rcaido

Reaction score
The same people who doubts Lynch are the same people who wanted him cut last year because of his holdout...Lynch was the man last year, i hope he returns for the playoffs healthy & ready to go.

mrt144

Reaction score
A lot of people don't like a non conformist and Lynch is the epitome of that. It's too bad that it's so obvious to everyone but his detractors.

dogorama

Reaction score
Vetamur":1bv6fr8x said:
Tech Worlds":1bv6fr8x said:
Im unhappy with what happened last week and thats pretty reasonable.

I think that is pretty "unreasonable." This is all about the ongoing controversy that is Marshawn Lynch that has at its roots conformity and societal dominance by certain segments of our society. Some people continue to read into this story elements that are pure speculation, not because of what happened, but who it involved. What happened? A NFL player had an injury, rehabbed, but wasn't quite ready to come back last week. That's it! Anything more than that is abject conjecture. Elements of our society who seem to think that they have been anointed with the authority to dictate how people should behave, dress, talk, will always criticize the Marshawn's of the world and they will be the first to loudly proclaim that it has nothing to do with that. I call BS!

StoneCold

Reaction score
Vetamur":2b3b1mhe said:
Tech Worlds":2b3b1mhe said:

That reply smacks of hero worship. No one hates Lynch, but everyone wants what is best for the team now. And the routine is getting old. If you think even the coaching staff was ok with it, listen to how exasperated PC was talking about it and how clear theyve made it there was no physical set back, he just didnt feel he could go after 3 days of practice. And last week puts you in a awkward situation for this week.. do you give him the reps so he can see if he can make it? But if the answer ends up being "no"..then youve taken reps away from Michael that he needs.

As they are saying on the radio right now..if you dont make the trip, thats usually players who arent even close. Theres a difference between Sunday morning say "hey..cant go. Im sorry".. and not making the trip at all after 3 straight days of practice.

As far as cheering.. Dont presume to tell me who or when I can cheer, please. I want whats best for the team. Im unhappy with what happened last week and thats pretty reasonable.

I'm usually behind you 100%, but not on this. Pete may not be exasperated with ML, but rather the Medias obsession with asking about him. Pete treats his players as adults. They are paid to perform on the field. As long as that is 100% he doesn't care how you go about getting "right" to play.

dogorama

Reaction score
dogorama":35iluy5o said:
Vetamur":35iluy5o said:
Tech Worlds":35iluy5o said:

I think that is pretty "unreasonable." This is all about the ongoing controversy that is Marshawn Lynch that has at its roots conformity and societal dominance by certain segments of our society. Some people continue to read into this story elements that are pure speculation, not because of what happened, but who it involved. What happened? A NFL player had an injury, rehabbed, but wasn't quite ready to come back last week. That's it! Anything more than that is abject conjecture. Elements of our society who seem to think that they have been anointed with the authority to dictate how people should behave, dress, talk, will always criticize the Marshawn's of the world and they will be the first to loudly proclaim that it has nothing to do with that. I call BS!

One more thing, a sport's hernia takes between 6 and 12 weeks to heal sufficiently to resume activity depending on the severity. We were asking Marshawn to come back at the absolute bare minimum of recovery time to play the most violent sport in the world in -25 degree weather. http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00573

v1rotv2

Reaction score
StoneCold":121l37ez said:
v1rotv2":121l37ez said:
I have a theory about what went on last week with Lynch. I think he got scared about his first outing back from surgery being in minus 6 degree weather. I really don't think it is any deeper than that. He didn't even make the trip to be on the side lines with his teammates. I would be surprised if he doesn't go to Carolina. 50+ degrees warmer there.

If he doesn't go there too then cut his ass and be done with the drama. If we can beat Carolina without him then we can beat anyone without him. Beastmode is in drama mode.

Luke Willson also did not travel to Minny. Shall we cut his ass too?

Pete never said Willson was ready to go. Supposedly Lynch took all the reps and was ready to go. Then took himself off the trip. If you love Lynch and want to argue his side at least use the facts.

sc85sis

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2phjjy7k said:
Luke Willson was in concussion protocol and didn't practice fully last week. Marshawn practiced fully, and, per Carroll, had no physical setback with his injury. Apples and oranges. You would expect Luke to stay home, and you would expect Marshawn to travel with the team and maybe see if he feels better by game time.

I'm not sure an NFL player has ever ruled himself out on a Friday after practicing all week. Ever. That just shows how unique these circumstances were and why there's been some skepticism, not just by fans but by people like Brock Huard and Mike Holmgren as well. Mike said if the team cleared one of his players, he was playing.

Anyway, I think he makes it back this Sunday. He's an odd cat.
Mike isn't Pete. They have different philosophies and approaches to coaching. To expect Pete to do what Mike would have done is to end up with expectations likely unmet.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
dogorama":1ydwqshv said:
dogorama":1ydwqshv said:
Vetamur":1ydwqshv said:
Tech Worlds":1ydwqshv said:

One more thing, a sport's hernia takes between 6 and 12 weeks to heal sufficiently to resume activity depending on the severity. We were asking Marshawn to come back at the absolute bare minimum of recovery time to play the most violent sport in the world in -25 degree weather. http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00573

He was cleared by the team doctor. He voluntarly practiced all week, he took the reps as the starting RB. So evidently he himself thought he was ready to go up until he decided, an hour before departure, he nolonger wanted to be with his teammates.

StoneCold

Reaction score
v1rotv2":3k2x1dkv said:
StoneCold":3k2x1dkv said:
v1rotv2":3k2x1dkv said:
I have a theory about what went on last week with Lynch. I think he got scared about his first outing back from surgery being in minus 6 degree weather. I really don't think it is any deeper than that. He didn't even make the trip to be on the side lines with his teammates. I would be surprised if he doesn't go to Carolina. 50+ degrees warmer there.

If he doesn't go there too then cut his ass and be done with the drama. If we can beat Carolina without him then we can beat anyone without him. Beastmode is in drama mode.

Luke Willson also did not travel to Minny. Shall we cut his ass too?

Pete never said Willson was ready to go. Supposedly Lynch took all the reps and was ready to go. Then took himself off the trip. If you love Lynch and want to argue his side at least use the facts.

Only a matter of timing. He knew Luke wouldn't be ready earlier in the week. He found out about Lynch on Friday. Why does that fact matter. He wasn't good to go.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
sc85sis":2k2k1kel said:
DavidSeven":2k2k1kel said:
Luke Willson was in concussion protocol and didn't practice fully last week. Marshawn practiced fully, and, per Carroll, had no physical setback with his injury. Apples and oranges. You would expect Luke to stay home, and you would expect Marshawn to travel with the team and maybe see if he feels better by game time.

I'm not sure an NFL player has ever ruled himself out on a Friday after practicing all week. Ever. That just shows how unique these circumstances were and why there's been some skepticism, not just by fans but by people like Brock Huard and Mike Holmgren as well. Mike said if the team cleared one of his players, he was playing.

Mike isn't Pete. They have different philosophies and approaches to coaching. To expect Pete to do what Mike would have done is to end up with expectations likely unmet.

That's not what I'm saying. I like Pete more than Mike.

I'm merely pointing out how unusual it is for a player to pull himself when he's been cleared by team doctors and has practiced all week.

I'm just using what Mike said as evidence of that. This has nothing to do with anything Pete did or did not do. I sympathize with the position he's been put in by his player.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3mo4rgb7 said:
sc85sis":3mo4rgb7 said:
DavidSeven":3mo4rgb7 said:

That's not what I'm saying. I like Pete more than Mike.

I'm merely pointing out how unusual it is for a player to pull himself when he's been cleared by team doctors and has practiced all week.

I'm just using what Mike said as evidence of that. This has nothing to do with anything Pete did or did not do.

Does the fact that this was Lynch's first significant procedure play into it at all? I don't think you can expect the guy to know how his body will respond.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":25flusbh said:
Does the fact that this was Lynch's first significant procedure play into it at all? I don't think you can expect the guy to know how his body will respond.

I think this is probably a fair point. However, I think he and the team could've reached this conclusion a lot sooner if he had spent some time rehabbing with the team doctors rather than training at an MMA gym for seven weeks. Also, it would shock me if late Friday was the first time he doubted his availability. I know he beats to his own drum and hates authority figures, even when they're super nice guys like Pete Carroll, but he's got to keep the team informed.

That's sort of been my deal with this whole thing, and honestly, the uncertainty created by that decision could've easily cost them the playoff game in Minnesota. His toughness and desire to play, I will never question.

It's water under the bridge if he practices hard and makes it to Carolina.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I think this article really underscores the division that is Marshawn Lynch when it comes to the dichotomy of how he's perceived by the players versus the organization. When you see his actions in a linear time frame it really hits home. For the record, I will be eternally grateful for what he has done for this team and us fans by his performance on the field. However, the off-the-field distractions and antics I am quite over.

http://mynorthwest.com/292/2891389/Beas ... this-point

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
We can judge Marshawn's off the field antics all we want, but I believe people are forgetting that we knew what we were getting when we traded for him from Buffalo. He was a player with baggage. A malcontent. It may have manifested differently here in Seattle, but we knew what type of person he was/is.

StoneCold

Reaction score
DavidSeven":22uw0h7h said:
CodeWarrior":22uw0h7h said:

I think this is probably a fair point. However, I think he and the team could've reached this conclusion a lot sooner if he had spent some time rehabbing with the team doctors rather than training at an MMA gym for seven weeks. Also, it would shock me if late Friday was the first time he doubted his availability. I know he beats to his own drum and hates authority figures, even when they're super nice guys like Pete Carroll, but he's got to keep the team informed.

That's sort of been my deal with this whole thing, and honestly, the uncertainty created by that decision could've easily cost them the playoff game in Minnesota. His toughness and desire to play, I will never question.

It's water under the bridge if he practices hard and makes it to Carolina.

Here is the meat of the matter. If it came out he KNEW Thursday he couldn't go, send him packing. But if he told them the moment he was certain, then he is doing what was best for the team. You suspect he may have known, but no one actually knows. And that drives me crazy.