Disgusted.

BGHawk

Reaction score
Not to mention..mendenhall having a freeway straight thru the center of our dl almost every run..ouch

TwilightError

Reaction score
Our offense has been a stinker for three straight games now. I see two explanations:

1: This is how bad we really are when defenses game plan for us.
2: We are keeping it vanilla for the late season so that other teams dont get to see what we really have until playoffs.

Basically, if No. 1 is correct, we are screwed and we can forget the Superb Owl. I dont really fully believe in No. 2 even myself, so there goes that. Something needs to be done, and its the coaches who need to find a way around this.. Very soon.

Our D is as awesome as always, but even the best defenses brake down if the O cant stay in the field.

Tokadub

Reaction score
It's really such a luxury to have a defense like ours. They really give us every opportunity to win our games comfortably.

Carson Palmer had a pretty terrible game with all those interceptions but they still won, people have every right to be extremely disappointed and at the very least slightly concerned about our offense.

I've been concerned all year even blowing out the Saints didn't convince me although it looked like we were starting to improve.

This really was a disgusting loss. What makes it especially bad is that I don't think you can blame it on any one person or aspect of our offense. It was like perfect storm of fail.

-Worst I've ever seen Russell play by far.

-Our receivers no longer making the catches we have been so spoiled with all season (one could argue our play calling would have been decent if they caught a few more of those). It's not like every throw was off, a lot of them our guys just couldn't make the play.

- Bad rush blocking it seems almost every time Lynch had nowhere to go. Even though our rushing game seemed to be a failure we still averaged 5.5 yards per attempt which is very good. Somehow that didn't translate to sustained drives.

- Even Haushka missed a very easy FG, I could barely believe it.

- Lynch didn't seem as fired up as normal. I think he may be hurting or very tired. Even in the replays of some of his better runs it didn't appear he was running that hard or in his usual beastmode. It was more like he just had a wide open lane and ran it casually.

- Offensive line struggling to match up correctly giving guys free runs at Wilson. We could have very easily had a few more sacks. Wilson also seemed to be forced to throw the ball away a lot more than usual.

- Recievers were running a ton of very long routes and often times were open the entire time but never looking for the ball until they finished the route right next to a defender. It's almost like they were being forced to run these exact routes and not improvise at all no matter what and the defense was very well prepared to guard their catch points. Recievers also apparently weren't trying to get open much when Russell was scrambling, you could see this in a few of the tv replays and we have posters who were at the game live reporting this.

- Awful depth at kickoff returns Turbin does not belong there whether you like him or not.

So with all this stuff going on in the same game it really makes it hard for me to pin the blame on Bevell specifically like the 49ers game. We tried some aggressive passes that we should be able to make and seem almost automatic with Russell and our recievers in the past.

Nobody had a good day, nobody executed. Something just seemed off like people weren't excited to be there or make plays. Really hope there's not some kind of nonsense going on in the locker room. That did not look like a Russel Wilson offense regardless of our play calling or Arizonas defense.

I think if you wanna blame Bevell it would be for not trying more variety of short screens and crossing routes, get the tight ends more involved. Maybe be a bit more creative with run game seems we went right up the middle too much and very predictably.

Kinda seems like we are still trying to find what works the best on offense since we realized our run game can be shut down by good defenses. Really bad time of the season to try to find your identity.

Seahawk79

Reaction score
Tical21":3j9v6lry said:
Bevell? I thought Bevell was pretty good today. Golden and Kearse were both dinged. That is going to mess up the rhythm. I thought we had a lot of good matchups down the field today against the blitz. Guys had a half step all day long and Russell erred on the side of caution, rather than giving the guys chances to make plays. I would have liked to have seen some more underneath stuff against the blitz, but for the most part we picked it up fairly well and Russell had some open guys. He just wasn't sharp. Not sure you can blame that on Bevell.

That's usually the case when we struggle to score, he needs to let his guys make plays sometimes. RW has had a helluva year and is only going to get better. I personally believe he will be a future HOF'er, but 11 completions for 108 yards is all I need to say. Take his name off of those stats, call him QB A or TJack and he's getting crucified. But hey, every QB has a bad game and this was Russell's. I expect a big game next Sunday, it is just too Wilson like. :th2thumbs:

minormillikin

Reaction score
-Our receivers no longer making the catches we have been so spoiled with all season (one could argue our play calling would have been decent if they caught a few more of those). It's not like every throw was off, a lot of them our guys just couldn't make the play.

This was a giant difference today. Even in some of the really solid wins this season, there were a lot of skin-of-the-teeth plays to convert on third-downs, toe-tapping sideline catches, etc... A lot of plays that would normally work (in dramatic fashion) were just not happening today.

Offensively, everything was a couple inches off one way or another. A good defense, having a good day, putting it all on the line, can be the difference between those inches needed to execute plays. Pressuring the QB a little better than the last team, and covering the receivers a little tighter than the last team, will affect the success of an otherwise decent offense. That, and a team that thought they were "invincible" at home, somehow destined to be rewarded with a victory, mentally taking their foot off the gas just a tiny bit, can also throw things off just enough.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Yup, same old Seahawks, I went to bed thinking the exact same thing.

Can we please stop talking about our record, please? We're 1-2 in the last three weeks and 0-2 in championship opportunities. If you're sprinkling October wins over that turd, you're only fooling yourself.

Rocket

Reaction score
My wife gets mad if I don't just let her vent, but I'm a guy and we need to fix things so I analyze and suggest.

Sorry Bro.

As you can see, I'm up when I shouldn't be.

Friggin' caffeine. :34853_doh:

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
Yeah, i agree, a little venting is normal.

You know looking at this without a stake in either team it was really a great game and battle. Battle of defenses really.
But we're hawk fans here, today stunk.

I'm reading a lot of replies giving kudos to an "incredible" PHX defense, returning shouts of "Bevell must go", we had dinged up players, oh that one call was bad...etc.
It's was a team loss just like every win, but the standout personnel costing this game today imo was our QB. It was painful to watch. If he falters so goes the rest of the O. And so it did. Never had we had so many un-capitalized turnovers in a game. He just had a bad game, let's hope it stays away.
Throws were high, behind, rarely leading the receivers, or simply not there at all with far too much keystone cops footwork back there. It's AMAZING we didn't get picked all that much (which is another reason I'm not all gung ho on saying PHX Defense is phenominal...they were VERY good though).

The Oline pass protected well today, but our run blocking continues to be lost here. I was ticked with that.

I was also ticked with the cockiness. Hey Seahawks! When Mike Smith is 4 yards from a pick 6 endzone...don't you think upfield players SHOULD TURN AND BLOCK? There was a TD to be had there. Little crap like this happened all day and could have been game changers.

oh well, on to STL (and I knew STL would be our thorn again).

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
hawkfan1975":2zis9pg7 said:
Yeah, i agree, a little venting is normal.

You know looking at this without a stake in either team it was really a great game and battle. Battle of defenses really.
But we're hawk fans here, today stunk.

I'm reading a lot of replies giving kudos to an "incredible" PHX defense, returning shouts of "Bevell must go", we had dinged up players, oh that one call was bad...etc.
It's was a team loss just like every win, but the standout personnel costing this game today imo was our QB. It was painful to watch. If he falters so goes the rest of the O. And so it did. Never had we had so many un-capitalized turnovers in a game. He just had a bad game, let's hope it stays away.
Throws were high, behind, rarely leading the receivers, or simply not there at all with far too much keystone cops footwork back there. It's AMAZING we didn't get picked all that much (which is another reason I'm not all gung ho on saying PHX Defense is phenominal...they were VERY good though).

The Oline pass protected well today, but our run blocking continues to be lost here. I was ticked with that.

I was also ticked with the cockiness. Hey Seahawks! When Mike Smith is 4 yards from a pick 6 endzone...don't you think upfield players SHOULD TURN AND BLOCK? There was a TD to be had there. Little crap like this happened all day and could have been game changers.

oh well, on to STL (and I knew STL would be our thorn again).

Yeah, I know he's our sacred cow, but Wilson looked like crap today. He consistently sacrificed first downs for shots down the field or into tight windows, and was throwing wide and high to boot. Poor decision-making and sloppy throws, he was the exact opposite of his usual self. It was strange and difficult to watch.

themunn

Reaction score
I love all the people rolling their eyes at Carroll having Turbin return kicks because of ball security.

The guy had lost 1 fumble in his last 800 touches through his pro and college career. He's bound to lose on eventually - and it was on a freak slip of the ball.

So yes, it's pretty reasonable to put him out there and suggest he has safe hands. It was just one of those days for everyone. Byron Maxwell is awesome all game long, then gets beat on the one that matters. Wilson doesn't throw an int all day (ignore the fact that he was pretty poor all game), then Romos it up in the 2 minute drill. Turbin has lost just 1 fumble in his entire career, and he does it at the worst possible time today. Hauschka hasn't missed a FG all season and he misses one from 24 yards.

One of those days

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Aros":xbw7jj9h said:
<<<< NEWS FLASH >>>>

It's OKAY for FANS to VENT AFTER A SURPRISING LOSS.

Quit persecuting those of us who need to vent and have legitimate beefs after being beat by an inferior team at home!

GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE AND LET US VENT!!

I would call you douches but that would be against the rules so I wont.

Rational venting is obviously fine. Irrational venting is another story.

Hawker

Reaction score
Our O-line really suffered again. How many times was Lynch met in the backfield and had to fight to get back to the line of scrimmage, or tackled for a loss?

I will focus on our defensive output for the remainder of the week, as we will have to rely on them carrying us from this point forward barring any miraculous offensive turnaround. With the Rams' defense being nearly as formidable as Arizona's, I just don't see that happening.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
plyka":2wg5s8v7 said:
Aros":2wg5s8v7 said:
Someone PLEASE explain to me why Turbin is returning kick offs?!?!?

This one made me laugh...during the game when Turbin fumbled, I couldn't stop laughing with my family. We were on the ground laughing because it was so ludicrous!

1) Turbin is a horrible returner, he has almost zero change to take it all the way, so there is no reward
2) Turbin cannot secure the ball. He always returns kicks while the ball is fully extended away from his body
3) Why couldn't the coaches put this risk versus reward into perspective? Zach Miller would have had a better risk versus reward ratio, because at least Miller would have kneeled in the endzone.
4) If you're going to keep Turbin out there, at the very least TALK TO HIM about securing the ball properly

Remember when he actually had a decent return yesterday and broke it towards the sideline, then tripped over his own feet and fell flat on his face? The guy is a joke.

Fernie Hawks Fan

Reaction score
My son and I watched the game and right from the opening drive I said that Wilson looked a little off. After about the third drive, I said that Wilson had better get into his groove or there could be trouble. Although he did have some dropped balls and passes that should have been caught, he just didn't seem to be his usual self in this game, passes that were high, behind the receiver, and so forth.

On another note, in the first few drives, Lynch seemed to be having some success with running wide. Then, they start pounding him straight at the Dline,(best in the NFL against the run) with little yardage gained, and even some lost.
As for the tight ends, why were they not utilized more? Other than the touchdown....were they passed to at all?...didn't seem like it to me.
Looked to me like Russell was getting a little frustrated and I think a few short passes would have really put him back on track.
I believe the play calling DID leave a bit to be desired.

Russell has played great all year and if he was to have a stinker game I AM glad it was this one and not in the playoffs.

I think they will win next week, may not be pretty but....the HAWKS will prevail.

GOOOOO HAWKS!!!!!!!

White Devil

Reaction score
Aros":2mh654x3 said:
Still waiting to hear why Turbin is our kickoff returner? Anyone?

Bueller?

Honestly I only have a guess old GrandMaster, but my feeling is that Turbin is returning the ball since Rice went down. With Rice & Harvin on the sidelines, the risk to lose Tate, Baldwin or Kearse on an average kick return seemed to be a risk. Turbin is a great athlete, and was given an opportunity to contribute more.

He didn't exactly rise to the occasion.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Aros":ob3xxw6i said:
<<<< NEWS FLASH >>>>

It's OKAY for FANS to VENT AFTER A SURPRISING LOSS.

Quit persecuting those of us who need to vent and have legitimate beefs after being beat by an inferior team at home!

GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE AND LET US VENT!!

I would call you douches but that would be against the rules so I wont.
THANK YOU Aros, THANK YOU!!

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
BGHawk":1guryfsi said:
Not to mention..mendenhall having a freeway straight thru the center of our dl almost every run..ouch

63 yards on 21 carries is a freeway? The Cardinals averaged 3.2 as a team. They just had 43 rushes due to the numerous 3 and outs by the Hawks offense.

seanoob

Reaction score
Seaswab":2pn60qvu said:
Wilson claims he wants to be consistent clutch and something, he was none of the above

He did have a bad game - the whole offense did. Let's save the judgement of whether he is consistent, clutch, yadda yadda at least until the end of the season.

*disclaimer, I am a RW superfan.

Anthony!

Reaction score
seanoob":14s7oeyj said:
Seaswab":14s7oeyj said:
Wilson claims he wants to be consistent clutch and something, he was none of the above

He did have a bad game - the whole offense did. Let's save the judgement of whether he is consistent, clutch, yadda yadda at least until the end of the season.

*disclaimer, I am a RW superfan.

I agree I mean really clutch 9 4th qtr comeback wins in less than 2 seasons, career 101 QB rating he is clutch and consistent, he just had a bad day, and so did the whole offense, and the OC. Add a defense that cannot keep a lead late in the 4th qtr and there you go.