Dion Bailey waived for Kam

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Bet Bailey is added back to the PS after (if) he clears waivers.

Alexander

Reaction score
themunn":2uuo734w said:
Seahwkgal":2uuo734w said:
I hope Kam isn't playing too many snaps. He is not in 'football' shape. Injury waiting to happen if they use him too much.
He never participated in TC or Preseason. I hope they tread lightly with him.

What, because he hasn't played preseason?
I'm really glad that Lynch had those 3 snaps in preseason or he wouldn't be in football shape either

Lynch hasn't exactly looked great in the first two games, and the blocking isn't solely to blame.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Phoenix":1456xd8v said:
marko358":1456xd8v said:
Phoenix":1456xd8v said:
Seahwkgal":1456xd8v said:
I hope Kam isn't playing too many snaps. He is not in 'football' shape. Injury waiting to happen if they use him too much.

Did you get a chance to see him practice this week?
Curious how you know what kind of shape he's in.

Practice and game shape are too entirely different things. There's a reason why there's a history of guys who've held out who wind up getting injured when they finally return. I wouldn't push it against a team we would easily beat without him.

I would just let Kam play his game. He's at risk for injury as much or less as anyone else on the team.

Smart ass much?

I feel like Seahawkgal and Marko might have a point and Im sure this has been brought up by all the people covering Kam's return in the media.

Why not them?

morgulon1

Reaction score
themunn":1px8iztu said:
Seahwkgal":1px8iztu said:

I'm really glad that Lynch had those 3 snaps in preseason or he wouldn't be in football shape either

Lynch went to training camp IIRC.

themunn

Reaction score
morgulon1":j13wygjy said:
themunn":j13wygjy said:
Seahwkgal":j13wygjy said:

If you're fit you're fit.

Odell Beckham missed almost all of preseason, and the first 4 games of the season last year, his rookie season, with injury. How did that work out?
I'm sure an already-all pro safety knows exactly what he needs to do to keep in game shape.

Alexander":j13wygjy said:
Lynch hasn't exactly looked great in the first two games, and the blocking isn't solely to blame.

Would be relevant, but it's been the exact same every preseason he's been with us.

morgulon1

Reaction score
themunn":2m4dnp6p said:
morgulon1":2m4dnp6p said:
themunn":2m4dnp6p said:
Seahwkgal":2m4dnp6p said:

If you're fit you're fit.

Odell Beckham missed almost all of preseason, and the first 4 games of the season last year, his rookie season, with injury. How did that work out?
I'm sure an already-all pro safety knows exactly what he needs to do to keep in game shape.

Alexander":2m4dnp6p said:

Would be relevant, but it's been the exact same every preseason he's been with us.

Good point, hopefully youre right. There have been a lot of instances where players hold out and get hurt because of the mentioned reasons. That's all theyre saying I believe.

gonzhawk

Reaction score
Actually, I think Lynch has looked more ordinary than usual whether its been the line or not.
His body language is suspect, but he is a pro-so I am prob wrong.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
I'm not sure what the adulation over Bailey is about. He's been in the league two years and he demonstrated that he still hid no idea what he was supposed to be doing on the field. I feel for him as a person, but he just isn't an NFL caliber player. Move on.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
MrThortan":17sh3gqo said:
I liked Bailey's attitude and felt bad for him when he got burned by the turf monster. Wouldn't mind seeing him on the practice squad. He is a young guy so there is a lot of room for improvement.
His pre-game-start yawn was a harbinger of what was to come.

MrThortan":17sh3gqo said:
Wouldn't surprise me to see Shead splitting reps with Kam this Sunday.
Pete has already said that they will limit Kam's snaps.

The Outfield

Reaction score
From my inexperienced viewpoint, it looked like Bailey has a long way to go. He put in a good effort but sometimes he seemed unsure of what to do. There were a few times where I saw him tapping around on his feet as a ball carrier ran right by him.

I think he will end up on our practice squad where he can grow a bit more.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":2wr2ti34 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/648602922389913600[/tweet]

Kind of relieved by this news. Still think he is released and Pete picks him up down the road.

Wish we had kept Lambert or Martin instead.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Lambert or Martin would have likely been cut as well by now.

If either get cut loose I could see the Hawks adding that player back to the PS.

Good luck to Bailey in NY.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
jammerhawk":37jm1ada said:
Lambert or Martin would have likely been cut as well by now.

If either get cut loose I could see the Hawks adding that player back to the PS.

Good luck to Bailey in NY.

I would have gone with Martin and Lambert, instead of Bailey and Terrell, and then released the one who was performing at the lower level.

Rob12

Reaction score
Jets released Ronald Martin. I'd love to see us pick him back up. With the right coaching, I think this kid can make some noise in this league.

The Jets love our discarded safeties...

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Rob12":2jhtudqe said:
Jets released Ronald Martin. I'd love to see us pick him back up. With the right coaching, I think this kid can make some noise in this league.

The Jets love our discarded safeties...

They released Martin to sign Bailey. Bad tradeoff, IMO . . . hope Martin makes it to the practice squad this time.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
Since Hawks are 1 win 2 losses, I assume the Hawks are higher on the waiver wire now, or is the order still based on last season's record throughout the season.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
CalgaryHawk":1zimr6s3 said:
Since Hawks are 1 win 2 losses, I assume the Hawks are higher on the waiver wire now, or is the order still based on last season's record throughout the season.

Yeah, the order stays the same regardless of in-season record.