Did the 49ers beat us fair and square?

Did the 49ers beat us fair and square?

• Absolutely. No doubt about it.

Votes: 162 68.1%
  • No, they needed the help from the refs.

Votes: 76 31.9%

• Total voters

dunceface

Reaction score
this is stupid... just like niners fans
terrible calls both ways, they just couldn't get anything right but it was equal both ways

Veilside

Reaction score
sekiuHAWK":17x5g3yc said:
JSeahawks":17x5g3yc said:
I voted yes. I mean, there will always be bad calls, just gotta live with them. It's part of having human officials.

Is this what you said after the Super Bowl? Some people decide to live with it... I tell 'the man' to go fly a kite. Got to tell it like it is, even if it hurts more than lying to yourself.

I've been able to change how I watch the NFL now. I no longer brood over penalties anymore and just try and view them as good or bad luck. Sure I'll point them out or say whether I think a call is good or not, but after that I move on. This just makes watching the games more bearably because this is just how the NFL is now, tons of flags and questionable calls. You just gotta hope the calls mostly benefit your team because there is nothing you or I can do about it.

sekiuHAWK

Reaction score
People are saying it was equal both ways... I still can't get over the call where we were called for offensive passing interference .... Just prior to that Crabtree threw his defender off of him. Crabtree did this all game and was not called for it ( though they finally did call it on boldin). I will say that we should have beat the refs and the 9ers today, however I believe it is undeniable that the outcome was affected by multiple bad and/or no calls

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I really don't care if it was equal, whether this game mattered or not, whether the refs played a part or not.

I don't make excuses for a loss. I'm not happy, there is absolutely no good to come out of it and I'm mad. Niners won fair and square 100%.

Still a fan, still think we're going to win it all and still think RW is cute.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
The only answer is both yes and no.

The 49ers made the plays they needed to win, the Seahawks didn't.

However, the officiating fux'd up the Crabtree fumble and the non-call on Jeremey Lane where he was obviously getting held and pulled away from Kaepernick on his 3rd and 7 scramble could have change the course of the game.

Its whatever though, it doesn't matter much.

49ers are still 0-2 in the C-Link losing 71-16 combined in the last two match-ups.

Seahawks are 0-2 at the Stick but we make it at least competitive losing by a combined total 32-24 in the last two match-ups...

In the last 4 games, Seahawks have outscored the 49ers 95 to 48. 49ers might have won today, they'll still get smacked down in Seattle if we meet again in the Play-Offs.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Lazy penalties killed us. It was an ill-disciplined performance from our own team that cost them the game. The 2nd half was painful to watch (MRob, OB, et al).

I think the refs had a pretty poor game (it looked to me like they 9ers were frequently jumping the snap) but most of our penalties were bad plays by the Seahawks, not the officials. The refs missed calls and were inconsistent for both teams.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1h8i92w3 said:
I voted yes. I mean, there will always be bad calls, just gotta live with them. It's part of having human officials.
Gotta live with bad calls?, really?, how about the crucial games, where the Referees have pre-conceived winners, is that still acceptable?
And being "Human", they are NOT beyond calling a game that gives their favorites an edge. :141847_bnono:
It may not happen all the time, but if it happens in just hand full of games, throughout the Season, that's just too many to make it okay.
I saw flagrant calls on the Seahawks at CRITICAL times in this game, that just pissed me off.
Bouldin's cough up of the ball to the Seahawks, when his ass was NOT down, was an obvious turnover, which could very well have been taken back down the field by the Seahawks for another score, but that's okay, because the Seahawks didn't do enough to beat the 9rs AND the possibly corrupt Officials.
You can feel free to dismiss my take on this game, but you are not going to convince me that it's impossible for those "Humans" to be corrupt, and judging from a few highly questionable calls/non-calls I am not alone in saying that it's bullshit when they can't beat the Seahawks, without the help of the Officials.
The Whiners fans (like the Steelers fans), don't care how it came out, just so long as it came out as a win.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Mitch":hoz5x852 said:
I just hate seeing all the yellow on the field and how it disrupts the game. I'm looking for a flag on every play and I hate the damn yellow shoes! This has been the worst year I have ever seen for inconsistency from game to game and week to week. How are the players supposed to know what is legal and what is not when the officials don't know? In a multi-billion dollar industry, seems like we could pay for full time officials. This isn't high school!
You make a really valid point.
What REALLY IS the difference between the "Temporary", and "Full Time Referees"?
The temporary Refs have way more of an excuse when they get it wrong on a few plays, while the Regulars have NO ONE EVER calling them out for making huge mistakes, and they do it in almost every single game.
There needs to be standards met in ALL the games that are played, and Coaches/Players need consistency called in these games, across the board.

knownone

Reaction score
The 49ers beat us fair and square, but it's hard to argue that the refs didn't dictate the game.

The 49ers benefited from drive sustaining penalties, a horribly botched fumble call and a missed holding call which prevented a sack and set up San Fran's only TD.

The officials were also wildly inconsistent. They call a tricky tack OPI on Tate for extending his arms and then allow Boldin to shove Maxwell to the ground.

Domseahawks

Reaction score
This loss hasn't worried me in the slightest, if we lay an egg or two at home where we should be in the playoffs then it may be time to panic. On the road against a team that quite frankly would of loved nothing more than to put a beating on us and they're in a dogfight to reach the playoffs, only beat us by 2 points when i don't think we were near our best.. Nope not worried.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
There were bad calls or non calls against both teams but the timing of some of them was really the big factor. A horrible PI on Sherman kept a Niner drive alive but later in that drive they missed a horrible PI that had hands to the face included against us that would have put them in scoring position but they still got a FG on the same drive so I considered it a make up call for the bogus PI earlier.

The Fumble that was called down by contact was extremely shady when you see the official that called the play dead on replay patting his but to indicate the receiver's but touched the ground. The problem is they changed the call from down to down by contact so that we couldn't challenge it. There was no reason to change the call except to prevent us from challenging and it would have been a successful challenge and taken points off the board.

They showed several clips of Crabtree and Boldin literally throwing our DB's to the ground and on at least one occasion jumping on top of the DB. There is no question there should have been a couple (at least) personal fouls but there was zero. Things like that wouldn't bother me if they were calling it both ways but it was blatantly obvious they were not.

To me though I am not worried about the loss. I expected the NFL to help out a little just because it keeps the rivalry alive. It's not like they blew us away and I have no doubt even the officials couldn't help them if we see them in the playoffs at home so oh well. It is what it is. It's also hard to beat any team three times in a season so now we don't have to worry about that either.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
It's both. They needed help and got it. Also we failed to adjust our play calling and style of play to the way the game was being called.

Wartooth

Reaction score
It was interesting that every time Lynch got a nice gain it was called back for holding.
But if you look at the photos from this game, you can clearly see the 9er's olinemen with hand fulls of jersey.
It was a poorly officiated game, but it wasn't what cost them the game.
It seems like adjustments weren't made at halftime, and the coaching in the end was strange.
Hey, the 9er's and Krap won their Superb Owl yesterday...By 2 points.
On to the Giants.

Go Hawks!

Kixkahn

Reaction score
We didn't play well, but the timing of several calls was very helpful for 49ers. When we made a big play it was called back, only one didn't get called back. (Tate's good punt return). Their guys spent the day hugging our defensive line guys. I think we missed some scores because of calls.

drdiags

Reaction score
The inability to keep our hands out of people's facemasks or letting a breakout 51-yd run when you needed to keep it tight or stop a QB run on 3rd and 8 makes it seem like we got beat fair and square. Maxwell mugged Crabtree and got a no-call, Crabtree got a fluky forward progress call to save a fumble.

I have yet to see a game where one or both sides haven't been jobbed by bad calls. I understand the question as a conversation initiator. It hadn't crossed my mind.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Yes. We definitely got hosed on a couple of calls, but it wasn't Clete Blakeman's fault that we gave up a 51-yd run to Frank Gore on the pivotal drive of the game. We didn't get hosed on the play where we let Kaepernick run for a first down on 3rd & 7 and enable them to all but run out the clock.

Bad calls or no, we were still in a position to win the game in the fourth quarter. SF made the plays they needed to win. We didn't.

drdiags

Reaction score
And what is up with our ST FG and Punt teams? I mean, Osgood had time for a burger before blocking the punt. Did an injury screw up the personnel that was supposed to be out there? Cannot blame this one on a whistle from the stands. Brian Schneider needs to kick a few guys in the butt. ST has had a few snafus this season.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
drdiags":35eo10be said:
And what is up with our ST FG and Punt teams? I mean, Osgood had time for a burger before blocking the punt. Did an injury screw up the personnel that was supposed to be out there? Cannot blame this one on a whistle from the stands. Brian Schneider needs to kick a few guys in the butt. ST has had a few snafus this season.
My question on that is aren't they not supposed to be able to hit the punter while still in the air? Ryan could have gotten injured.

Latest posts