Did last year set the bar too high?

Perfundle

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":1aqmm4im said:
I don't understand these reactionary posts. At face value it's a bit silly to overtly criticize a 5 - 1 record, but I don't see anyone doing that. 5 - 1 is great, but there are facets of the game to be improved upon and that's what people are discussing. Just because someone criticizes the team doesn't mean they're unhappy with the squad. What are they supposed to do, shut up until the record warrants critique?

That's what a prolonged winner must do: pick knits even when things are going your way. As Seahawks fans very few (if any) of us expect greatness and dominance. Now that we have reason to much of the traditionally woe-is-me fan base has been pushed in to uncomfortable territory.

Well, time to adapt. I'd be criticizing the team even at 6 - 0.
Well done for setting out a binary choice. Criticizing is fine, but people are complaining about things that every team in the NFL has to deal with, and other things that are demonstrably false. I mean, how does stuff like "At some point you have to look at this 5-1 team and try to figure out how the hell they are going to survive in January" contribute to the discussion?

Bakergirl

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":2fyh2en4 said:
T-Sizzle":2fyh2en4 said:
We are 5-1. I need to stop posting here soon....again..... the level of ridiculous posts is amazing.

I think that's the point. For being 5-1 there's a lot of seeming malcontents. In reality I think a lot of folks, like myself, are curious why our offense isn't clicking like it did last year when they were on their run. Maybe it's just too early to expect it, but being 5-1 and unhappy with the offense could indicate expectations are unreasonable.

Bingo! You just won what's behind curtain number three! Unfortunately, the prize was a lifetime supply of Top Pot doughnuts and skittles and Beast Mode and Golden Tate got to them first. Better luck next time.

Latest posts