Coach of the year

nIdahoSeahawk

Reaction score
Given the team’s shocking performance, and assuming they don’t flip the switch and begin to tank, do you think Pete will get (or at least get nominated for) coach of the year?

He definitely hasn’t deserved the award the past several years. Heck, I was initially in the camp of saying we chose the wrong guy in keeping him over Wilson. He was snubbed during his early years in Seattle despite being worthy of the award with the work he did rebuilding us into a championship-caliber team. I don’t see how they can snub him this year if this continues. This season to this point is 100% on Pete and I personally, while a bit biased, don’t see a close runner up.

Rainger

Reaction score
Given the team’s shocking performance, and assuming they don’t flip the switch and begin to tank, do you think Pete will get (or at least get nominated for) coach of the year?

He definitely hasn’t deserved the award the past several years. Heck, I was initially in the camp of saying we chose the wrong guy in keeping him over Wilson. He was snubbed during his early years in Seattle despite being worthy of the award with the work he did rebuilding us into a championship-caliber team. I don’t see how they can snub him this year if this continues. This season to this point is 100% on Pete and I personally, while a bit biased, don’t see a close runner up.
Nope the East coast media and writers do not like Pete. Never have, they have a bias about his time with the jets and pats and think he was a cheater at USC.

If you were around listening to 710 when he was hired you would have heard such vial and disgust coming out of Mike Salks mouth every day about the whole hiring and the way that JS was then hired and how the whole thing wouldn't work.

I give him credit, Salk has changed his views but many in the media cant let it go.

toffee

Reaction score
Media bias or not, we control our own and Pete's coach of the year destinies. Just keep winning, and win and win. If we finish 14-3, Pete will win coach of the year, bias or not.

To achieve 14-3, we must win all the "easy games" which may be harder than you think, and pray that football GOD loves us on the tough matches, that God moves in mysterious ways so one never knows.

Go Hawks.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Personally, I think John has a better shot at getting executive of the year, but Pete should get a few votes for coach of the year. I know I've read in several stories this year how people have started to talk about maybe misjudging him.

I for one, think that trading RW may be just the move that seals Pete's fate as our greatest coach.

Rainger

Reaction score
Media bias or not, we control our own and Pete's coach of the year destinies. Just keep winning, and win and win. If we finish 14-3, Pete will win coach of the year, bias or not.

To achieve 14-3, we must win all the "easy games" which may be harder than you think, and pray that football GOD loves us on the tough matches, that God moves in mysterious ways so one never knows.

Go Hawks.
If the Coach of the Giants gets them to 11 wins he will get it over Pete's 14 wins IMHO. Just the way it is with the Media and the Pete haters.

toffee

Reaction score
If the Coach of the Giants gets them to 11 wins he will get it over Pete's 14 wins IMHO. Just the way it is with the Media and the Pete haters.
We shall see, more problem if the Eagles dude also wins 14 games, than the Giants' dude winning 11.

Rainger

Reaction score
When you look at previous Coach of the Year winners and see that Ron Rivera and Bruce Arians have both gotten it twice while Pete hasn't gotten it once, I don't put much stock into this award. Seems like a media award and nothing else.

Yea and the year Arians won with 9 wins Pete took Seattle to 12 wins and lost in a last second FG in Atlanta after only 7 wins the previous season If my memory serves me.

toffee

Reaction score
Yea and the year Arians won with 9 wins Pete took Seattle to 12 wins and lost in a last second FG in Atlanta after only 7 wins the previous season If my memory serves me.
In those years, all the experts credited our success to Wilson, it was like Seahawks won despite Pete Carroll's meddling. On one can say that anymore.

Rainger

Reaction score
In those years, all the experts credited our success to Wilson, it was like Seahawks won despite Pete Carroll's meddling. On one can say that anymore.
Actually that year was RWs first year, and the Media were not yet on his band wagon after poo pooing him being drafted. It was a social bullshit because Arians was filling in for the guy that got cancer. So they wanted to give it to him for the feel good shit.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Unfortunately, 3 teams in major media markets are having big turnaround seasons. Philly and both New York teams are going to get the votes.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Nope the East coast media and writers do not like Pete. Never have, they have a bias about his time with the jets and pats and think he was a cheater at USC.

If you were around listening to 710 when he was hired you would have heard such vial and disgust coming out of Mike Salks mouth every day about the whole hiring and the way that JS was then hired and how the whole thing wouldn't work.

I give him credit, Salk has changed his views but many in the media cant let it go.
Salk seems to love Pete now. He's been going on and on lately about how people owe Pete an apology - not because they disagreed with what he was doing, but because of the way they were saying it (e.g., calling out his age, etc.).

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.

Chapow

Reaction score
Still half a season to go, so a lot can change between now and the end of the season, but at this point Nick Sirianni, Eagles Head Coach, has to be the favorite for coach of the year. The Eagles were 9-8 last season, not horrible by any means, but not really that good either. In his second year as HC he has them at 8-0 and the only undefeated team in the NFL. They are also the #2 offense in the entire league (by points per game), and the #4 defense (also by points per game).

Don't get me wrong, Pete has done an exceptional job with this team so far this season, but I just can't see a reasonable or rational argument for anyone but Nick Sirianni at this point for coach of the year. But again, with half a season to go, that could change.

Also, as others have pointed out, both New York teams were legitimately awful last season and are much, much better than anyone expected so far this season. Those 2 HC's also have to be in the conversation for coach of the year along with Pete and Sirianni.

Rainger

Reaction score
Salk seems to love Pete now. He's been going on and on lately about how people owe Pete an apology - not because they disagreed with what he was doing, but because of the way they were saying it (e.g., calling out his age, etc.).
Yup but go back and listen to Salk when Pete was hired.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score

My god...

ccla

Reaction score

I actually was in the camp of getting rid of both Russell and Pete, but Pete not because i thought he was a bad coach, but because he kept Russell around. I mean, he must have known what we were seing on the field and yet gave the guy two extensions? WTH?
Of course now that i see how bad Russell is without Pete’s protection, i think Pete should get awards for the last several years. He was doing a hell of a job keeping the team relevant with a qb with severe limitations.

ccla

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Vegas odds have him currently at 3rd highest percentage chance.