Dear Seahawks,

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Well the problem you face is that so many answers to the questions come down to the fact that one or two highly placed people are making some very suspect decisions.

It is the same thing over and over, because people keep asking questions about issues that are the result of a single root cause.

Why is the TE not being used right?

Are we really running the read option with a broken QB?

How is it possible we seem to have a moribund offense for a full half every game?

Does it make sense to run long developing pass plays with no offensive line, an immobile QB and zero run game?

How is the slow stumbling RB that cannot get yards getting the ball in the 4th quarter? Did that RB just tackle HIMSELF by running into his own OL?!?! Why are we using him?!?!

Etc.

Ultimately, someone is making decisions that impact the team in a lot of places, primarily on offense. They are all different issues but have essentially the same genesis, and likely a single remedy. The fact that so many problems stems from a single individual not being able to do their job, albeit hamstrung by some baffling personnel decisions, is a big part of the concern and a big part of the NEED for catharsis.

dogorama

Reaction score
JSeahawks":y4lbkdsa said:
For the record, I have no problem with people being pissed, questioning the coaches, etc etc.

The thing that drives me crazy is the same people, posting the same thing over and over and over in multiple threads. We get it. You're not happy with bevell. We understood the point after your first 8 points on the subject.

It's a very valid point, when I posted a thread "Play the I'm Bevell Game" I thought it would be fun, and demonstrate the complexities of being an OC, especially given the scenario I presented. Initially, it was very fun with posters coming up w/classic and inventive play calling. Then, rather than play the game, people started taking digs at Bevell, e.g., "if I were Bevell I would throw 32 bubble screens in a row" etc. blah-blah-blah. Even for someone like me, who is not necessarily a Bevell supporter, it was very annoying. So:

I make this pledge: I, dogo rama, will not make any references to Bevell in threads that are not discussing the relative merits of his play calling.

How's that?

Optimus25

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":34wikznp said:
LOL

Have we become the NE fanbase?

Four straight playoff appearances, two NFC Championship games, two SB's, one Lombardi and we're begging for a win after losing to a team we always lose to and we're only 1-1?

Good grief.

In defense of the heavy dose of criticism, we've looked like an absolute dumpster fire. And we were at the top of the Vegas books and numerous power rankings coming into the year.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
I'd argue that what many view as "meltdown mode" on the forum is often rather healthy, active discussion. Perhaps having multiple threads on a certain heated topic can be a bit much, but really, during the weekdays what else is there to engage in? - Russell Wilson is just grand? Weekly practice squad additions and cuts? Is Bennett happy or sad this week? Sherman's jeep ads?

I can understand the long standing Bevell debate can be tiresome for some folks, but for others it just makes for good reading and interesting topics on the philosophy of the offense, the system, etc. Just my perspective.

Rocket

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3alphsc2 said:
Please win. For this forums sake.

When things go bad, like Sunday, it's flat out disturbing here anymore. It's downright weird.
Coming from me, weird and disturbing says a lot.
I suggest taking up knitting or reloading... scratch that, stick with knitting.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
dogorama":1cjnbofa said:
IndyHawk":1cjnbofa said:
JSeahawks":1cjnbofa said:
Sgt. Largent":1cjnbofa said:
LOL

Have we become the NE fanbase?

Four straight playoff appearances, two NFC Championship games, two SB's, one Lombardi and we're begging for a win after losing to a team we always lose to and we're only 1-1?

Good grief.

Just because this place gets stupid after a loss.
I agree and try hard to stay away after a loss because I'm not going to contribute anything to people who seem to give up on the season after the 2nd game

I understand how you feel, but I haven't seen one single post where someone has said they are giving up the season. You see something bad one game and you comment, you see the same bad thing the next game and you REALLY comment. That just seems so entirely normal to me. I don't understand why some posters insist on portraying concerned Seahawk fans as something less than "real" fans like they are. Is this the new elite or is it something else?
But I have seen them,I didn't just imagine it either..When I see a post that says "we aren't making the playoffs"that pretty much means giving up.Thats besides all the blaming of OL,Bev,injuries.It's rare to see that it's a team loss

Latest posts