Darrell Bevell, you're an idiot.

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
The key moment was the turnover IMO. Wagner just intercepted Ryan in the first half and we were marching down into Atl territory when Lynch fumbled. Had we been able to score on that drive, I think the Falcons would have played tight.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
But Bevell should have called a pass on that play. Then...no Lynch fumble.

LYNCH BEVELL!!!!!

Vesuve

Reaction score
Mr9erComeNPeace":3f8obayp said:
TDOTSEAHAWK":3f8obayp said:
Bevell fumbled the football?

Pete should have taken the field goal.

I dunno who took the time out but I doubt it was Bevell.

i asked my buddy who is a hawks fan why the hell didn't pete kick the 3 earlier... wtf the score was 10-0 ?

Yup.

4th and 1 was very dumb.

Hawk n Load

Reaction score
The fact that he can dial up drives at any point in the game puts him in the top half of coordinators in this league. Adjust quicker, maybe? OK, but the second quarter was already better than the first, and with a few breaks or better execution we don't have this conversation.

Bevell didn't fumble, he didn't drop a pass, he didn't miss a read, and he didn't fall down at the line of scrimmage. Any of those things change in the first half, this team has points, and they have a clearer win.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Really? This is on Bevell? We left a good 13+ points on the field by fumbling, an inability to move 6 inches and running out of time. Yeah, Bevell could have managed some of that better, but so could have the players.

Amazing after that game this board turns to wet noodles. Ffs we were down 20 in the 4th and were a ill informed to call away from winning!

Why can't we pick it apart tomorrow and celebrate this squad... just effing once! Freaking perfectionist seeking self serving whiners on here sometimes.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
The only egregious mistake was the Robinson inside draw on 4th and 1. It was time to run something new.

Granted, it didn't help that no one picked up the safety.

hawker84

Reaction score
i've always felt bevells playcalling is way too conservative.... RW has proven he can take it upon his shoulders to move the O, yet he insisted on pounding the ball for minimal gain, and putting us in 3rd and longs.... it wasn't until the second half they wen't more to the pass, and you saw how effective it was.... i put a lot of blame on him for our first half problems... but whatever , what's done is done.. Go Hawks, can't wait for next season.

kearly

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1nrw1k3w said:
Bevell called a really good game imo. Players didnt execute in the 1st half. Simple as that.

Offense was rolling in the first half, just had a LOT of tough luck. Lynch fumble, 4th down miss, 0.25 seconds short of 1 more play.

Sarlacc83":1nrw1k3w said:
The only egregious mistake was the Robinson inside draw on 4th and 1. It was time to run something new.

Granted, it didn't help that no one picked up the safety.

I like that play, but not on 4th and 1. It can be stopped if you know it's coming, and I thought Seattle was too obvious there.

justafan

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":1lztjveq said:
I can't understand how you place so much blame on the offesnive play-calling. That is the biggest scapegoat for poor execution - which was rampant on defense and offense in the first half.

Thats what they do.They watch a play and if it doesnt work it was a bad call.They dont care why it doesnt work it was just a bad call.Its the easiest thing to cry about and takes no thought or time to rewatch the game again or check out all 22 and really paying attention.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
How many times have we gone 3-and-out with run-run-pass in the first half of a game this year? Must be a lot. Bevell only calls consistently good plays in the second half of games. It's infuriating.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2ei58a6w said:
How many times have we gone 3-and-out with run-run-pass in the first half of a game this year? Must be a lot. Bevell only calls consistently good plays in the second half of games. It's infuriating.
Fair enough... but some of that has to be a philosophy towards Wilson, who has now shown he deserves all the tools the coordinator has to offer. Bevell was not nearly as complacent with Favre.

I know after today its hard to do, but id be willing to let Bevell push Wilson and the offense next year, given that there is significant development. I think we have something really special right no

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Do some of you guys not see the pattern, here? Bevell's vanilla play-calling gets us down early against good teams, like D.C. last week and Atlanta this week, then he turns it up and starts calling a good game. It was enough to win with last week, but not this week.

If Bevell cannot learn how to be AGGRESSIVE from the beginning, he needs to get the hell out. What, you think it's a coincidence we spend the second half of practically every game marching down the field at will, while we spend the first half of most of them looking like the Three Stooges on offense? Give me a break.

It's the offensive play-calling that was our biggest weakness in the postseason this year. Hands down. Other things hurt, no doubt about it; like Lynch's fumbles, and our O-line's blocking. None so large as Bevell's first-half play-calling habits, though. It's the sore thumb that sticks out.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
I would love it if we held the players as accountable as the coaches.

jdblack

Reaction score
justafan":1s61yk28 said:
TDOTSEAHAWK":1s61yk28 said:
I can't understand how you place so much blame on the offesnive play-calling. That is the biggest scapegoat for poor execution - which was rampant on defense and offense in the first half.

Thats what they do.They watch a play and if it doesnt work it was a bad call.They dont care why it doesnt work it was just a bad call.Its the easiest thing to cry about and takes no thought or time to rewatch the game again or check out all 22 and really paying attention.

I was swearing and ranting against Bevell as many snaps were being made in the first half, as soon as I could see that he had called yet another running play. I did not wait to see if the plays would work because it was enough to know that they were repeatedly stuffing our run by stacking defenders in the box.

It was obvious from the get-go that the Falcons were over-committing to the run defense. It was a ridiculous mistake for Bevell to keep calling run plays on first/second downs in the first half. All he needs to be capable of is making the same adjustments during the first half that he ends up making in the second half. Does he have to talk to someone during the break who can tell him what to do?

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
seahawk2k":38so97pl said:
I would love it if we held the players as accountable as the coaches.

Same. Doesn't change the fact that if Bevell had called the first half the same way he called the second half, we'd have a score in the 40s and a win, though.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
justafan":2n2cz0z1 said:

Lol; it's easy to blame it, sure. Look at my points I just posted, though. You going to say it wasn't a giant factor in our loss today? Really? Lay out your case against it, then. I anxiously await it.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Yeah, the execution level didn't change at all. It was all playcalls.

No game has ever been perfectly called. My issue was with execution in the first half, not the playcalling. But then again, I haven't spent all year villifing Bevell like a lot of you.

justafan

Reaction score
They called that sequence once the first half of this game.Execution,the turnover,poor blocking,poor tackling,a terrible sack and not getting a yard with 2 attempts cost us that first half not running 2 times in a row on the first series.Players have to make the plays to win these big games.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Jesus Christ, I didn't say execution level didn't change at all. It definitely did, too. However, some of you are blatantly ignoring a consistent weakness in regards to our play-calling.

Ignoring Marshawn for a couple 4th-and-1 attempts is genius play-calling, then? :roll:

Latest posts