Crap. This Sherman thing is EXPLODING everywhere....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJH

Reaction score
Pete Carroll has come out and said he should have handled it differently. Sherman came out this morning and said he should have handled it better and worded things differently. But no, I'm just a troll and a hater for disagreeing with it.

ivotuk

Reaction score
There are former players on ESPN radio who say they can identify with Richards emotion.
ShermN has an article up on MMQB and yes, Pete has already mentioned it to him but there was no"chewing out."

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":16q4uxc2 said:
Sarlacc83":16q4uxc2 said:
MontanaHawk05":16q4uxc2 said:
There's not a single one of you who'd be supporting Sherman were he a 49er.

True. Because most NFL fans listen to the NFL storylines and don't know anything about the background. Our job as fans is to know better.

Furthermore, this is one of the all time dumbest objections in sports. You mean we care about the people on our team more than people on another team? Newsflash! Throw this comment in the trash bin and leave it there.

If we're having an objective conversation about...oh, never mind. It's Super Bowl week.

Read the link I provided earlier. Or go to Deadspin, where there are no less than 6 articles on why Sherman is awesome. People love him because he's not a bland stereotype.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Can we clarify something. Did he get a mic in his face right after the INT or after the multiple timeouts and knees to win the game? If the former, no surprise that he unleashed raw emotion. If the latter, then he exaggerated, like PC said.

One of the most interesting things is the psychology of Sherm. He has a huge play, gets him team to the SuperBowl and his first reaction is to lash out at someone. I've never intercepted a ball to get into the SB, but the reaction seems to speak volumes about his mindset and what motivates him.

I love Sherm and hope he stays on our team long term. I always recognize that I would dislike him if he was on another team. I wish everyone was talking about the accomplishments of the team and not this outburst.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Geologic":5kb45kne said:
He just made a huge play that allowed his team to play in the Superbowl. He was more calm and collected in his other interviews after the game. Cut him some slack.

Can you please stop with your avatar, mods ban this member please...

I can't even... handle...
:sarcasm_off: :thirishdrinkers:

Sherm embarrassed me but his play on the field is still amazing and I'm glad he's on our team.

One thing though, you don't need to tell the country your the best everyone already knows.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":ucgexcu5 said:
Seahawks were going into the Super Bowl as the villains regardless of what happened.
THIS^, If it wasn't Sherman, it would have been somebody else on the team.
It wasn't like he threw the popcorn on Bowman, and in fact, he admonished whoever did.
Just remember, Crabtree is an asshole, and he just got beat by the guy that he said wasn't all that great.
Kaepernick was stupid for thinking that Sherman wasn't even aware that the ball was going to be thrown by him, and into Crabtree's hands for the win, B A C K F I R E D.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
BlueThunder":1ijkpfcj said:
Everybody should care about what other people think about them. Otherwise, you're a dick.
Really? SMFH :141847_bnono:

DohBoy

Reaction score
For Christ's sake...it's entertainment people.

All these guys with twists in their panties need to just chill and enjoy a Super Bowl that won't be bland and canned like most of the previous ones. It's bad enough we'll have two weeks of Peyton and his forehead playing football diplomat for the masses; thank Jebus or Vishnu or whoever-the-hell for spicing things up with some Seahawks' attitude.

BTW: Considering Andrews' previous career highlights have included peepervision and colon health, I think she ought to be sending Dick a big ol' thank you card.

Donn2390

Reaction score
Tical21":3sb367rq said:
I was contemplating writing a post lately giving Kudos to Sherman for maturing this season. My bad.

Classless punk. This guy is the face of our franchise? Somebody shut his annoying ass up.
You're entitled to your opinion, even when you're wrong...

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":3cs4oko3 said:
Kixkahn":3cs4oko3 said:
The problem was not Richard Sherman.
The problem was the reporter wanting a comment from "Richard Sherman" with full knowledge that he was pumped up after the win and is known to trash talk.
They were looking for a story and they got one.
Sherman gave them what they were looking for. He is a very giving person.
Reporters should be banned from getting interviews until 20-30 minutes after the game.

Completely agreed. They shove a microphone in his face 10 seconds after making the biggest play of his life, what do they expect? Exactly right, they were looking for a story and Boy, did they get one.

Here is the problem with what he said. The problem is that there was an opportunity here. There was an opportunity to gain thousands of new Seahawks fans nationwide and instead, the Hawks are now Darth Vader in many people's eyes.

Let me give you an example. These are comments from my wife's Facebook account. This is from one of her good friends (a woman who is a nominal football fan by the way) and didn't really know anything about the Seahawks until last night ...

I know these football guys talk crap on and off the field ... But what he did was a testosterone brag and showed no class. I'm a Packers fan but learning the Seahawks had never been to a Super Bowl and won (my dad tells me) I was hoping they could pull it off ... after seeing that I hope that Peyton Manning and the Broncos whoop their ass!!!

And she posted this picture (with the following Caption Underneath -- sorry, I can't seem to find a way to post that exact pic here) that I think is very telling for how a lot of people nationally are reacting ...

sherman.jpg%3Fw%3D590%26h%3D314%26crop%3D1

Caption to the picture my wife's friend posted on Facebook:
I Just Made You a Broncos Fan

Sadly, I think that there are a lot of those people out there now. There was an opportunity to get a lot of people (who aren't Seahawks fans now) throughout the country on our side. Unfortunately, a lot of people are now against us. It's just a shame, that's all.

So, he turned away bandwagon fans? I do not see the problem here?....

NavySeaHawk

Reaction score
The way I see it...if not Sherm, than who? Ill tell ya one thing ... If Sherman doesnt make the play, crabtree would have been ranting.

Why not us? -Seahawks

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Support your team and its players...

This will be a non-story in three days

joeseahawks

Reaction score
What would today be like, if there was no Sherman rant yesterday?
Manning, Manning, Omaha, Manning, Manning, Manning, Manning, Omaha, Manning, Manning, Manning, ... and Omaha and Manning.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Thank god Sherman opened his mouth. Crabtree or any other player should just shut up about Sherman if they cant handle their own trash talk thrown in their face. I remember everyone making a big deal about Sherman going after Brady but Brady was the one that was shit talking Earl and Sherm, he got what he asked for, period. Im sure the same is true with Crabtree. I also GUARANTEE Kaep talks alot of trash too during the game, ive seen him multiple times talking to guys after a play in the last couple games. Who cares who is rooting for who in the superbowl, I doubt people watching on the couch will have an impact on this game.

We have Wilson who is all class and has nothing to ever say that is negative, I think its ok if Sherman balances it out. He might go a little overboard some times buts its football for god sakes, its just entertainment. People need to take a chill pill and realize this is a game!!!

Also didnt Crabtree talk crap during the week about Sherman anyway not just in the game.

brettb3

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":7jhxhpnj said:
Kixkahn":7jhxhpnj said:
The problem was not Richard Sherman.
The problem was the reporter wanting a comment from "Richard Sherman" with full knowledge that he was pumped up after the win and is known to trash talk.
They were looking for a story and they got one.
Sherman gave them what they were looking for. He is a very giving person.
Reporters should be banned from getting interviews until 20-30 minutes after the game.

Completely agreed. They shove a microphone in his face 10 seconds after making the biggest play of his life, what do they expect? Exactly right, they were looking for a story and Boy, did they get one.

Here is the problem with what he said. The problem is that there was an opportunity here. There was an opportunity to gain thousands of new Seahawks fans nationwide and instead, the Hawks are now Darth Vader in many people's eyes.

Let me give you an example. These are comments from my wife's Facebook account. This is from one of her good friends (a woman who is a nominal football fan by the way) and didn't really know anything about the Seahawks until last night ...

I know these football guys talk crap on and off the field ... But what he did was a testosterone brag and showed no class. I'm a Packers fan but learning the Seahawks had never been to a Super Bowl and won (my dad tells me) I was hoping they could pull it off ... after seeing that I hope that Peyton Manning and the Broncos whoop their ass!!!

And she posted this picture (with the following Caption Underneath -- sorry, I can't seem to find a way to post that exact pic here) that I think is very telling for how a lot of people nationally are reacting ...

sherman.jpg%3Fw%3D590%26h%3D314%26crop%3D1

Caption to the picture my wife's friend posted on Facebook:
I Just Made You a Broncos Fan

Sadly, I think that there are a lot of those people out there now. There was an opportunity to get a lot of people (who aren't Seahawks fans now) throughout the country on our side. Unfortunately, a lot of people are now against us. It's just a shame, that's all.
If you check Sherman's twitter profile, his number of followers has more than doubled since last night. I'm sure it turned off a lot of people, but the objectors are also the ones speaking the loudest. He (and by extension the Seahawks) also gained a boatload of fans last night. The numbers don't lie.

strohmin

Reaction score
Arizona cardinals started eating skittles to mock the hell out of us. Can you imagine what the niners especially Kaep and Crabs would have done if they had made the play to win the NFCCG in Seattle. The nation would have been celebrating with niners and mocking us the entire day. The rest of the nation only liked us because they felt sorry for us. This is all gonna blow over soon. What wouldn't have blown over was a Kaep to Crab TD to win the game.

Hawkboi

Reaction score
I'm on the Richard Sherman bandwagon, he was in the moment and was jacked... He just made a great play against a dude who called him a mediocre CB during the week, and said that Sherman couldn't stop him... Richard had every right to say what he did and to enjoy the moment... He came through for us, and we won!!! End of story!!! Hope he has the same enthusiasm at the end of the Super Bowl Game!!! :thirishdrinkers:

Status
Not open for further replies.