Crap. This Sherman thing is EXPLODING everywhere....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCarey

Reaction score
Don't know what the general consensus is here, but I loved it. I spent all night, super drunk, backing him up and people were shutting up left and right. Man it was fun.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
-The Glove-":3fpg0g2q said:
VaporHawk":3fpg0g2q said:
plyka":3fpg0g2q said:
MontanaHawk05":3fpg0g2q said:
There's not a single one of you who'd be supporting Sherman were he a 49er.

As a niner fan did you support kaepernick when he mocked cam Newton in cam's own house after beating them the prior week?

Plenty of Panthers were Kaepernicking in SF when they played the first time. Kaepernick was giving payback.

Those were Panthers defenders making a play on Kaepernick. Kaep and Cam don't play against each other. Why disrespect another QB like that. That's like RW doing the discount double check after scoring the GW touchdown last year

LOL I am trying to think of Wilson doing that and laughing my ass off because he would never do something like that and it would just be funny. You know what he really did after scoring the TD. Cool and Calm as all heck. Didnt even phase him haha.

seaaaa.gif

Tical21

Reaction score
You just don't win like that, period. You're the best corner in the game, and just made the play that sent your team to the Super Bowl. That should speak for itself. Now there are millions of kids across the world that think it is cool to belittle your opponent after you beat them. There is no place in sports for his actions yesterday.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
I'm glad, the heel is always better.

A lot of ignorant idiots were revealed and we know who the real hawks fans are. This has been our team and fans mentality all year. Don't crucify Sherman for cranking it 12.

besides we are playing Evil Peyton

640pey1.jpg

Throwdown

Reaction score
I don't get why people care if we're hated? Let em hate us, these fans of 30 other teams can hate us while watching our team in the Super Bowl. Hate us as we get that Lombardi, and another and another. Doesn't bother me one bit. Sherman said he was going to humiliate Crabtree and he gave him the business 100 ways to Sunday and some more after that.

Am I different? Yeah cuz growing up I dealt with nothing but hearing disrespect for my team!

"Seahawks don't belong in the Super Bowl"
"Seahawks suck"
"Seachickens will never be great"
Ect...

Now we got a team and a player with a mindset and a mouth that expresses how I feel, and frankly I don't care what these clown ass fans from other fan bases feel, has no bearing on my life in anyway.

Keep talking your talk, Sherm, as long as you back up the fly talk you're throwing out there, none of these people can tell you anything.

Sometimes being humble is over rated.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":2e2bwvuf said:
I'm glad, the heel is always better.

A lot of ignorant idiots were revealed and we know who the real hawks fans are. This has been our team and fans mentality all year. Don't crucify Sherman for cranking it 12.

besides we are playing Evil Peyton

640pey1.jpg

What is Peyton doing to that football?

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Marvin49":36z41kux said:
kidhawk":36z41kux said:
MontanaHawk05":36z41kux said:
There's not a single one of you who'd be supporting Sherman were he a 49er.

Kind of like there aren't too many Niner fans calling for the head of the guy who blind-sided Lane on that punt when he was out of bounds. That was FAR worse than what Sherman did, but hardly any press on that except for the fact there will be an investigation. Why should the media ask those difficult questions and go look at film and figure out who that was and report on that? Because Sherman brings an audience that's why

To be fair...at this point we don't even know who it was. According to beat writers it wasn't even a player.
What? They know exactly who it was and it was a player on IR in street clothes.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Tical21":2u2djpdb said:
You just don't win like that, period. You're the best corner in the game, and just made the play that sent your team to the Super Bowl. That should speak for itself. Now there are millions of kids across the world that think it is cool to belittle your opponent after you beat them. There is no place in sports for his actions yesterday.

no... millions of kids across the world are not phased one iota by what Richard Sherman said... just as they havent been phased by the antics of any professional athlete anywhere.

You can hate that he did what he did, but dont add weight to it with made up social reprecussions. Pro athletes have been doing stuf like this (and "worse") for decades, and you barely see it, if at all, at the high school or college level.

One 15 second interview is not going to insert itself into the souls of child athletes

Rodgers

Reaction score
FWIW from a Packer fan:
That was one of those things you love if you're a fan of the team and might hate if you're a fan of another.
Personally, it gets so tired listening to players saying the same 'ol, same 'ol all the time.
I laughed my azz off. It's off the charts how this can be such a big deal. Who hasn't said things loud and brash in the heat of the moment.
People always talk about how Rodgers plays with a chip on his shoulder. It was nice to see the passion.
Now.... puleeeeezzzzzze go beat the crap out of the Donks.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Tical21":aqd60vkm said:

Unless you're Jordan, or Ali, or Reggie Miller, or Brady, or....

But won't someone please think of the children!

Austin Hawk

Reaction score
I actually agree to some extent with Blue Thunder. It was a little embarrassing to see Sherman scream about himself moments after the TEAM won the game. I love Sherman, but I live in Texas and it's hard to deal with all the friends and family using Sherman as a "reason" to not cheer for the Seahawks.

The problem is that most people don't really know Sherman. He's not a thug. Doesn't do drugs. Doesn't get arrested at strip clubs, and doesn't use profanity in his interviews. He is intelligent, articulate, and very charismatic. He's my wife's favorite player! Sherman can talk all the trash he wants, I just wish he hadn't made the post-game interview all about himself. No one really cares that Crabtree was talking smack to him.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Throwdown":1cb7yonf said:
I don't get why people care if we're hated? Let em hate us, these fans of 30 other teams can hate us while watching our team in the Super Bowl. Hate us as we get that Lombardi, and another and another. Doesn't bother me one bit. Sherman said he was going to humiliate Crabtree and he gave him the business 100 ways to Sunday and some more after that.

Am I different? Yeah cuz growing up I dealt with nothing but hearing disrespect for my team!

"Seahawks don't belong in the Super Bowl"
"Seahawks suck"
"Seachickens will never be great"
Ect...

Now we got a team and a player with a mindset and a mouth that expresses how I feel, and frankly I don't care what these clown ass fans from other fan bases feel, has no bearing on my life in anyway.

Keep talking your talk, Sherm, as long as you back up the fly talk you're throwing out there, none of these people can tell you anything.

Sometimes being humble is over rated.

Then Sherman should have said responded to all things you listed above. Instead he went on a rant about himself and the other receiver. I love Sherman but I didn't love him putting himself in front of the team.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Austin Hawk":36rqcek7 said:
I actually agree to some extent with Blue Thunder. It was a little embarrassing to see Sherman scream about himself moments after the TEAM won the game. I love Sherman, but I live in Texas and it's hard to deal with all the friends and family using Sherman as a "reason" to not cheer for the Seahawks.

The problem is that most people don't really know Sherman. He's not a thug. Doesn't do drugs. Doesn't get arrested at strip clubs, and doesn't use profanity in his interviews. He is intelligent, articulate, and very charismatic. He's my wife's favorite player! Sherman can talk all the trash he wants, I just wish he hadn't made the post-game interview all about himself. No one really cares that Crabtree was talking smack to him.

Nailed it. I think people are confusing what you said with not liking Sherman. I'm sure you love the guy but didn't like his behavior in this moment.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1wum7m6q said:
Tical21":1wum7m6q said:

Unless you're Jordan, or Ali, or Reggie Miller, or Brady, or....

But won't someone please think of the children!

Honest question-are there post-game interviews where the declare they are the best and belittle their opponent without even mentioning their team?

If the answer is yes, it still doesn't validate what Sherman did and would be logical fallacy that appeals to numbers and precedence. I agree that sportsmanship matters. There is a difference between saying people doubted the hawks and you proved them wrong and spilling your personal feud in front of 50 million without even so much as a mention of your team.

Status
Not open for further replies.