Cowherd is off our bandwagon

hawker84

Reaction score
That's cool, he picked us to lose every playoff game in 05, so i'm pretty happy about that.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
mikeak":1s3kpmxc said:
Every expert out there is a moron as soon as they say something that can be construed to be against the Seahawks. If they predict a loss for the Seahawks they suck. If they point out a defiency on the Seahawks they are horrible and biased.

Let me go read the gameday forum instead of the last game where I can only read positive thinking and no criticism or worry that we lose without Percy..........

That is pretty spot on.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Cowherd has really deteriorated this year. Last year his blazin 5 were phenomenal but this year they have been a disaster. So he's basically panicking and looking for some "code" to predict a winner. He came up with the close games that other Superbowl winners have had and likened that to SF. Fools errand.

So now he's stuck with it and trying to justify it. He literally said "Seattle could only get less than (+/- can't remember exact number) 200 yards against Arizona's defense!"

Apparently he has no idea that the Cards have a damn good defense, or that divisional games are the toughest there are. OR, that Pete Carroll has Russell play the games close to his vest.

Colin has missed the boat on this one, big time. Kap was 15 for 28 in Carolina for 53% completion against who? Oh yea, Captain Munnerlyn. What's so great about that?

Listening to ESPN radio yesterday Tim Hasselbeck said that after watching the film, it looked like Russell was "overly cautious" in pulling the trigger. That there were open receivers but Russell "didn't pull the trigger."

That's by design, that is what Pete Carroll preaches, day in and day out. As long as we have the lead he's going to be in Bevell's ear to call it conservative. That's what wins games.

Hell, it's what the 49ers do but according to the experts, they are elite while Seattle is "struggling." It's all about perception and the pundits these days over react to every win and every loss as if they were Seahawks fans. :p

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Nobody says anything about the weather when looking at the Saints game. The Hawks had the lead and didn't have to throw much in the second half. The Saints' only hope was the passing game and Brees made a few throws but also threw two balls that had our DBs hands on them. So, you know, the Hawks' strategy worked. Oh, and when we needed Russell to make a play with his arm in the worst way, he threw a dime to Baldwin.

Yeah, we suck.

Rocket

Reaction score
Why do they always bring up "on a neutral field"... there's an aspect of strategy here, and we ain't on no damn neutral field so {censored} you {censored}.

H O M E
F I E L D
A D V A N T A G E

and we got it. So piss off.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Well he picked last week's game to go into OT. Hey, if the Hawks win, we can all look forward to listening to Monday's "when Colin was wrong" segment. I enjoy listening to him but he doesn't get his facts right all the time.
For example. One of the problems he said the Hawks would have last week was KJ Wright being out. He said Smith couldn't run with Graham and Graham would beat us up and down the field. Huh? Had he watched Smith play the last couple of weeks when making that comment? Also he took that one play where Wright knocked down a pass intended for Graham and came to that conclusion.

Something I seemed to notice from the media yesterday. The ESPN guys in general seem to be calling for a Niner win and focus on Seattle's offense struggling while the NFL Network guys I watched last night seemd confident Wilson will bounce back and the Hawks will be fine.

13thMan

Reaction score
This is actually quite surprising to me.... I know Cowherd has been pumping up the Hawks all year and is a notorious homer... But, we're sitting here talking about it so obviously he is doing his job... lol

Whatever...

Most pundits are all over the Hawks and he is a self-proclaimed "contrarian" so could just be that too....

jeffjtk123

Reaction score
the terd is the biggest moron out there so I wouldnt put much thought into this guy

hoxrox

Reaction score
It'd be cool if EVERYONE picked against us. We play better with a chip on our shoulders anyway.

We're all we got; we're all we need.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Cowherd is to sports what pop psychology is to genuine therapy.

Truth is, there are maybe 2 guys in the media I trust for analysis. Bucky Brooks, Pat Kirwan. Most of the rest offer sound bites and pop analysis.

AgentDib

Reaction score
"Analysts" like Cowherd are paid for ratings and a fundamental requirement of the job is being able to have a strong opinion about anything regardless of how much information they have. Controversial opinions are even better.

kidhawk":2tlmzt26 said:
I think it's funny how when we started slow and then put the game in Russell's hands and he played well and we won those games people asked why we always start so slow every week. Now when we are getting early leads then playing ball control and winning people are wondering why we aren't putting out more of an offensive show. People seem to only be happy if we start off with a lead and end in a blowout.
It makes sense in a reactionary sort of way. People respond to outcomes based on how their future projections are altered. The short term happiness brought on by a win may very well be outweighed by long term unhappiness caused by a worsening outlook in the future. Passing offense and QB production is the focus of the modern NFL and Russell Wilson has passed for fewer than 110 yards in two of the last three games. This is extremely concerning to the large group of fans who expect 300 yards minimum out of their QB each week regardless of the defense or the risk/reward ratio necessary to win a particular game.

plyka

Reaction score
Sedaisan":352yxk1f said:
Hawks46":352yxk1f said:
Say what you want, the guy knows his football. He's probably the least biased towards teams (the backwards hat thing is more of a stereotype/player bias).

He's not the only one off the bandwagaon. Literally every analyst out there is saying on a nuetral field the Niners win 9/10 times. About 50% of them out there are saying the CLink is the mitigating factor.

Everyone is stated our lack of offense and how good the Niners are playing on offense as the major reason. It's hard to refute it really.

The dude has mangasims and gushes over anyone that wins... all he ever highlights is when he's "right". Surprised he still has a job after he went on and on and on about the Pats going 19-0.

Knows Football? Dude has never played football.... ever... He's all armchair and a Trent Dilfer apologist. I'll take my insights from smart ex players and coaches, not shock radio jockeys.

And our "lack of offense" is by design - like it or not... Win two of the three phases (which lately has been Special Teams and Defense). Russell isn't going to put fantasy numbers up, but remember he was in the discussion for MVP after that Saints game...
This game is going to be a defensive brawl, no doubt... but make no mistake who will win it...

Go freakin' Hawks!!

The bold/underlined supports the opposite of your point. Wilson did not have fantasy numbers from the Saints game and prior --but he was being talked about as an MVP candidate. The reason? Because he was playing extremely well. A highly efficient player! He was playing perfectly in my opinion. If we have that Wilson with that offense than this is a superbowl winner. But we don't. Look at any of his efficiency numbers and you can see the difference.

It also shows that the national media isn't as biased as we are (or any fan base to their respective team). They were giving him the props. Now they are saying that the passing offense is a major weakness. Why? Are they biased all of a sudden or have we seen a massive change? I think the latter.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":tjfs12u4 said:
Cowherd is to sports what pop psychology is to genuine therapy.

Truth is, there are maybe 2 guys in the media I trust for analysis. Bucky Brooks, Pat Kirwan. Most of the rest offer sound bites and pop analysis.

Cosell is pretty good too.

Seeker

Reaction score
This happened week 2 of this season.

hawks only score 12 against Carolina,
Niners score 30+ against Green Bay,
Pundits promise niners blowout.

Seahawks 29
niners 3

13thMan

Reaction score
That's all good and fine but I'm not prepared to hang my hat on a week 2 win as a means to gauge this game... seriously, at this point, that's totally irrelevant... Different teams and a lot more at stake. It's a nice thought though...

Sunday can't come fast enough!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Sedaisan":18lhu441 said:
Hawks46":18lhu441 said:
Say what you want, the guy knows his football. He's probably the least biased towards teams (the backwards hat thing is more of a stereotype/player bias).

He's not the only one off the bandwagaon. Literally every analyst out there is saying on a nuetral field the Niners win 9/10 times. About 50% of them out there are saying the CLink is the mitigating factor.

Everyone is stated our lack of offense and how good the Niners are playing on offense as the major reason. It's hard to refute it really.

The dude has mangasims and gushes over anyone that wins... all he ever highlights is when he's "right". Surprised he still has a job after he went on and on and on about the Pats going 19-0.

Knows Football? Dude has never played football.... ever... He's all armchair and a Trent Dilfer apologist. I'll take my insights from smart ex players and coaches, not shock radio jockeys.

And our "lack of offense" is by design - like it or not... Win two of the three phases (which lately has been Special Teams and Defense). Russell isn't going to put fantasy numbers up, but remember he was in the discussion for MVP after that Saints game...

This game is going to be a defensive brawl, no doubt... but make no mistake who will win it...

Go freakin' Hawks!!

I don't agree with the sweeping generalizations from the media; however, they are right about our issues on offense.

Winning with mostly D may well be our game plan, but the lack of 3rd down conversions and red zone production have been major reds flags with us. The Niners use the same overall game plan, but they consistently put themselves in more third-and-short situations and have way less three and outs. They play close to the vest, but also seem to be able to put up enough points to win a shoot out without much problem...they just don't need to most of the time. Further, their offense gives their D plenty of rest, and there's always a degree of certainty that, when the opponent manages to take the lead, the niners will score and retake the lead on the next possession, then just hand it back to their D until if and when another score is needed. We are exactly the reverse of that right now, which is not a good thing. When we need to drive for a go-ahead score, there has been a lot of finger crossing and praying lately. The blueprint is out for taking our little WRs out of their game, and it's killing us, especially with the predictable play calling and always-sub-par pass protection. Hopefully Percy is ready to go and plays the entire game. I have a feeling we're gonna really need him to win this game.

13thMan

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":x3hug4s5 said:
Sedaisan":x3hug4s5 said:
Hawks46":x3hug4s5 said:

Go freakin' Hawks!!

I don't agree with the sweeping generalizations from the media; however, they are right about our issues on offense.

Winning with mostly D may well be our game plan, but the lack of 3rd down conversions and red zone production have been major reds flags with us. The Niners use the same overall game plan, but they consistently put themselves in more third-and-short situations and have way less three and outs. They play close to the vest, but also seem to be able to put up enough points to win a shoot out without much problem...they just don't need to most of the time. Further, their offense gives their D plenty of rest, and there's always a degree of certainty that, when the opponent manages to take the lead, the niners will score and retake the lead on the next possession, then just hand it back to their D until if and when another score is needed. We are exactly the reverse of that right now, which is not a good thing. When we need to drive for a go-ahead score, there has been a lot of finger crossing and praying lately. The blueprint is out for taking our little WRs out of their game, and it's killing us, especially with the predictable play calling and always-sub-par pass protection. Hopefully Percy is ready to go and plays the entire game. I have a feeling we're gonna really need him to win this game.

100% agree. Spot on! (Any word on PH BTW?)

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Ok despite me going after Cowherd earlier in this thread, I am totally ok with Cowherd picking the Niners. In fact, I would love it if more and more picked them. Personally, if almost everyone thought the Hawks would easily win this, that would make me more nervous. The more noise about the Niners winning the less that Harbaugh and the team can use the "noone respects us' " noone believes in us" card. It might actually put more of chip on our guys' shoulders.