Cowboys ranked ahead of the Seahawks in Power Rankings.

2_0_6

Reaction score
I think on a neutral field, if the game was today, Dallas would probably win.

Their Oline and running game is no joke. Scary thing is, they are doing this without Dez.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":1q52x12r said:

Their Oline and running game is no joke. Scary thing is, they are doing this without Dez.

If I was Jones I'd trade both Romo and Dez when they're back and scoop up as many picks as they can get.

If there's one thing the NFL has proven the last 4-5 years, it's that you can win a SB without an overpaid drama queen #1 receiver. Romo would be harder to trade, but I betcha teams like Cleveland, Niners and even the Jag who all have a ton of cap space would think long and hard about bringing in a QB like Romo who can make them legit immediately.

mwmccollough

Reaction score
harryjohnson":1rmbebgr said:
Rat":1rmbebgr said:
I don't think anyone believes that the Cowboys are better than the Seahawks, but they have had the better season so far.

Ever been to Dallas?

I live in Dallas, they think they'd beat us by double digits.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":ovpry2tu said:
Hawk_Nation":ovpry2tu said:

If I was Jones I'd trade both Romo and Dez when they're back and scoop up as many picks as they can get.

If there's one thing the NFL has proven the last 4-5 years, it's that you can win a SB without an overpaid drama queen #1 receiver. Romo would be harder to trade, but I betcha teams like Cleveland, Niners and even the Jag who all have a ton of cap space would think long and hard about bringing in a QB like Romo who can make them legit immediately.

Legit for what, two games? :laugh:

RussB

Reaction score
Im always poking fun at the cowboys but they are a legitimate threat this season. Their defense is mediocre but they have the best o line in the league and zeke is a pain to deal with. Dak is also exceeding expectations and is doing really well as their QB they keep their defense off the feild.

Do i think they are better than the seahawks though? No, but they deserve to be ranked pretty highly as of now.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
If we had a great OC or could complement our defense with offensive production, considering the talent on that side of the ball, I would agree.

But we all know that this team is easily able to lose to a team that it might be slightly better than, primarily because we seem more concerned with checking boxes off for statistics than actually scoring.

And, refs make mistakes, people get injured, sh*t happens.

We don't give ourselves a cushion to assure that one mistake does not mean a loss.

Finally, we cannot even count on making a clutch FG because our kicker might not get the ball in time, given we tend to cut our experienced LS for some guy we fished off the top of a garbage pile.

But we beat the Falcons by 2, at home. Yay.

Great game. I loved the atmosphere, (but for the 3rd quarter.)

The same Falcons with a defense everyone spent weeks ridiculing because their defense against the pass is essentially non-existent. And it was, but we kept running into it. Because our OC is stupid.

Right now we are like Clemson. We look good against crappy teams but we really have not played anyone and we frankly almost lost to a really average team (Miami) in our case, NC State in theirs. It doesn't mean we are not great, but there is nothing in the results to suggest it yet BEYOND the record (which is easily skewed by playing weak opponents).

Our big wins are so far against mighty 49ers and the Jets. The same Jets that sucked against everyone else. The same 49ers that sucked against everyone else. Miami was almost a loss and the Rams were one.

For all the crap we gave Carolina fans about getting a cakewalk schedule, this part of our schedule has been a cakewalk. And we still lost to the Rams, who suck btw. We could be good, we could be great - but we have not played anyone of consequence to make that claim.

I hate the Cowboys, but they look like they are the better team. Maybe because some of our important players are injured, for sure. But this team THIS YEAR has not come close to accomplishing what the Cowboys have. At least they are beating their opponents handily.

This team could be good or great, but it will have to overcome its OC to do so, or if not him whatever weird inclination the team has to not bother trying to score until it absolutely has to. Because keeping these games this close is going to burn us eventually, someone will make a mistake - coach, player, ref and that will cost us the game (or games).

At least 3 teams (Cowboys, Vikings, and Patriots should be ranked ahead of us in the power rankings.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Who cares, dude. It's just power rankings and the boys are playing great football. I wish hawk fans would stop acting so butt hurt over stuff like this.

Largent80

Reaction score
They are playing good ball and doing it without Bryant. They are ranked in the right spot above the Hawks. If the Hawks played the 2nd half of last Sunday's game like they did the first they may be above them, but they didn't.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Vikes45":3icevval said:
You guys are way more level headed than me. I just hate the Cowboys 24/7 and wish ill will upon them.

The media loves them more than the Packers.
I hate Dallas on the same level you do.
Yep, the media has been waiting 20 years for this. Dallas has played a last place schedule and beat an overrated GB team (I even overrated GB). Their defense still is horrible, and has survived with smoke and mirrors. Their rooks have played above their heads IMHO.

As for the power ranking, I don't care and I've said that even when the Hawks are #1. The only power ranking that counts is the one where one team is holding up the shiny silver trophy after the last game.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Wow we're spoiled, aren't we? Being ranked at number 4 with the only teams ranking ahead of us all having better records is by no means disrespect or unreasonable.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
You guys are way over playing the boys... Once they play teams w a actual offense it won't look the same. The d has been rested due to long drives with good running game and no turnovers by the qb. ( Sound familiar)? A elite d or offense will get them off their game.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Ambrose83":3vxeu65u said:
You guys are way over playing the boys... Once they play teams w a actual offense it won't look the same. The d has been rested due to long drives with good running game and no turnovers by the qb. ( Sound familiar)? A elite d or offense will get them off their game.
Agreed.

Largent80

Reaction score
Ambrose83":1w4df7jc said:

I don't see anyone on their schedule that fits what you said. Possibly Minnesota. If they keep up their current pace, they will be the main competition for HFA.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/schedule/_/name/dal

Seafan

Reaction score
Largent80":bswzaux7 said:
They are playing good ball and doing it without Bryant. They are ranked in the right spot above the Hawks. If the Hawks played the 2nd half of last Sunday's game like they did the first they may be above them, but they didn't.

This, and it wasn't just a defensive hiccup. The OC couldn't get first downs in the 3rd quarter with the best receiver on the planet against an average defense.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I'm afraid Cliff Avril inadvertently created a monster in Dallas. Dak Prescott has forced Dallas to go back to what they do best: pound the rock and then hit nice chunk plays in the passing game from that.

Hate Dallas or not, but they are going to be a major problem going forward.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Ambrose83":2o8exonl said:

Might want to look at their schedule, it's a joke.

Dallas is very much in the running for the 1 seed

Largent80

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3ehhu6by said:
Ambrose83":3ehhu6by said:

That's what I posted...take a look...http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/schedule/_/name/dal

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":318lul9o said:
Ambrose83":318lul9o said:

That's fine, so they lose in the first round then... All I'm saying is they are not as good as you guys are suggesting IMO