Could RW's ankle injury make the Seahawks offense better?

Hawks46

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":35z8ymb9 said:
NFSeahawks628":35z8ymb9 said:
Well, I thought if Russell continues to have limited mobility maybe it will cause Bevell and gang to focus more intently on specific passing situations, quick routes, and slants, etc. I think this is inevitable with our offensive line but perhaps this will sure up Russell's comfortability in those situations.

Isn't this what we always try and do against the Rams, and it never works?

The Rams D manhandles our O-line and small WR's. The teams that destroy the Rams are teams that do what the Niners did Monday night, run the ball right down their throat. But that takes an O-Line and tempo that I don't think we're there yet with our O-line, so me thinks this will be another super frustrating close game into the 4th quarter cause our offense can't get anything going.

I agree. We need to run right at them. The Niners did it, we should be able to as well.

This is going to be a frustrating game for us to watch as fans. I honestly believe they're going to need to stick with the run, even when it doesn't work. This will pay dividends in the 2nd half. Also, in the past the Rams have really disrespected our WRs to the point where they play like 10 yards off of them, knowing we were going to throw deep. We need to hit them with the quick passing game. If they're going to give us 5-7 yards, we need to take it.

This can work because I honestly don't see them scoring much if anything on us. I'd love to see them shut out, as that would really screw with Fisher's season and the league narrative would be " LA still hasn't scored a point since 1994".

mrt144

Reaction score
Does this mean more RW in shotgun than under center?

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
If the line can protect him, sure. It forces him to work on being non-mobile, which, although isn't exactly a weakness, it does give him an out and make him a little too run-happy at times. it's his version of Hasselbeck's "happy feet". He's a good pocket passer. This may be the catalyst to allow him to use that ability to the fullest. If he doesn't get killed doing it.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Smellyman":2bzu9eyz said:
This Oline would get him killed. He needs his mobility.

Not to mention he is the most dangerous player in the league because of his mobility. Being able to do both makes Wilson...Wilson. The run game is great because of the read option threat. Big reason why they didn't miss a beat between Lynch, Rawls and Michael.
Agreed. Wilson without mobility is a sitting duck against good aggressive defenses.
I expect to see more quick passes, and unfortunately a lot of failed bubble screen - horizontal passing.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":ipk9oeo2 said:
If the line can protect him, sure. It forces him to work on being non-mobile, which, although isn't exactly a weakness, it does give him an out and make him a little too run-happy at times. it's his version of Hasselbeck's "happy feet". He's a good pocket passer. This may be the catalyst to allow him to use that ability to the fullest. If he doesn't get killed doing it.
BINGO!

Boycie

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":286wypto said:
NFSeahawks628":286wypto said:
Well, I thought if Russell continues to have limited mobility maybe it will cause Bevell and gang to focus more intently on specific passing situations, quick routes, and slants, etc. I think this is inevitable with our offensive line but perhaps this will sure up Russell's comfortability in those situations.

Isn't this what we always try and do against the Rams, and it never works?

The Rams D manhandles our O-line and small WR's. The teams that destroy the Rams are teams that do what the Niners did Monday night, run the ball right down their throat. But that takes an O-Line and tempo that I don't think we're there yet with our O-line, so me thinks this will be another super frustrating close game into the 4th quarter cause our offense can't get anything going.

I was watching Kearse in the post game interview on Q13(thank God we get that channel in BC) and he was saying that things got clicking when they got the 2 minute going. Do you guys think we see more of that this week against the Rams, because the Niners sure made the Rams look brutal on Monday, and I wonder if their pace of play had something to do with that?