If Seahawks make a trade it could be on offense-Rob Staton

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
All I know is this is a VERY tough place for a rookie. I'm glad the coaching staff is more patient than the message board folks :lol:

CANADIAN_HAWK

Reaction score
I get a feeling we will trade for AJ Green or pissibly 1of 3 DB's Harris from Denver, Kirkpatrick from Cinci, or Norman from Washington. Also wouldn't be shocked if Seahawks make a play for OJB

Mick063

Reaction score
Of all the realistic possibilities, I want that offensive tackle from the Redskins. Whomever can make the easiest transition to right tackle between Brown and Trent Williams to be immediately inserted into that role.

I'm good with the development of the young defensive backs and wide receivers. You have to play a certain number of rookie contracts and I'm fine with the salary impact of the development players. The DB's and Receivers have a higher ceiling than our right tackle who has pretty much hit a wall.

Immediate positive impact. Less penalties to bury the offense in a hole.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
McGruff":1mri8qee said:
SoulfishHawk":1mri8qee said:
Maybe those are the routes they are asking him to run?

They are the routes that were run by Brown and Moore last year, and Lockett at the position before.

That appears to be a substantial part of how they scheme that position.

That it plays into Metcalf's strengths is not coincidence.
Furthermore WR's such as Randy Moss made their whole careers on those sorts of routes. You're absolutely right about this being an MO for the offense. Brown, Lockett, and Moore all played the same role that Metcalf is playing right now at one time or another. Same routes, same everything. I remember people complaining about Lockets route running and wondering why he only ran a few routes two years back. We seem to always have that designated GO receiver. It just happens to fit DK Metcalf's skillset as well.

Our WR's are just fine, what we need is some offensive lineman. Iupati has an injury history and Brown is getting to be REALLY old. Ifedi is a liability and Fluker isn't good in pass pro, all though his back up looked better than he did and has promise. Our possession receiver right now is Dissly, and he's doing a fantastic job at that, DK is our F it im going deep threat and Lockett is our all around flex receiver that can go just about any position.

2_0_6

Reaction score
I have a feeling Trent Williams will be traded, but to the Vikings for Diggs straight up. Redskins need damn near everything including another WR, and the Vikings could use a stud LT.

Diggs was raised and went to college in Maryland makes $15mil per, and Trent makes just under $15mil per.

This seems like the best fit for both teams and both players.

knownone

Reaction score
Diggs is in the first year of a 5 year contract that pays him an average of about 5 million more per season than Lockett. It seems unlikely that we'd commit to that contract unless the Vikings are willing to take a lot less than a 1st + something else.

The Emanuel Sanders rumor makes way more sense IMO.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Mad Dog":zb7i79eo said:
blazen2392":zb7i79eo said:
Bobblehead":zb7i79eo said:
When the goal seems to be in reach, the Hawks seem to crave offense.. Harvin, Jimmy and it's just flopped everytime. If we go offense, lets get a bruising lineman.

This trade makes no sense. Receiver is literally the least of our needs. we need linemen and DBs

Not even sure we need DB's. Maybe a nickel guy and backup CB. I'm pretty comfortable with the starters at CB. The safeties are a work in progress with Thompson, Hill, Blair and Umadi all competing. Not sure throwing a 5th guy into that mix will help.

But I agree that WR isn't a big need right now with guys sitting on the bench every week.

It's like people want to toss our entire draft in the toilet with a couple trades. WR and DB were needs this offfseason and we drafted guys to develop. That takes some time.

Not sure we need DBs? Have you watched our DBs? We need a CB and safety. Flowers and TT aren't getting us to a SB.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
2_0_6":17d73b4a said:
I have a feeling Trent Williams will be traded, but to the Vikings for Diggs straight up. Redskins need damn near everything including another WR, and the Vikings could use a stud LT.

Diggs was raised and went to college in Maryland makes $15mil per, and Trent makes just under $15mil per.

This seems like the best fit for both teams and both players.

This is the rumor here in Minneapolis

If things go bad Sunday v. Eagles this will pick up steam

chris98251

Reaction score
CPHawk":dlvregnr said:
Mad Dog":dlvregnr said:
blazen2392":dlvregnr said:
Bobblehead":dlvregnr said:
When the goal seems to be in reach, the Hawks seem to crave offense.. Harvin, Jimmy and it's just flopped everytime. If we go offense, lets get a bruising lineman.

This trade makes no sense. Receiver is literally the least of our needs. we need linemen and DBs

Not even sure we need DB's. Maybe a nickel guy and backup CB. I'm pretty comfortable with the starters at CB. The safeties are a work in progress with Thompson, Hill, Blair and Umadi all competing. Not sure throwing a 5th guy into that mix will help.

But I agree that WR isn't a big need right now with guys sitting on the bench every week.

It's like people want to toss our entire draft in the toilet with a couple trades. WR and DB were needs this offfseason and we drafted guys to develop. That takes some time.

Not sure we need DBs? Have you watched our DBs? We need a CB and safety. Flowers and TT aren't getting us to a SB.

Flowers has played fine, he being left to himself more and will step up as the year progresses, Thompson has been just a center fielder for the most part, needs to be in on run support and read better so he can defend that over the top stuff when they run it.

You also have to remember we have been playing a lot of deep zone bend don't break type defense keep it in front of you. We have played the Rams, Saints, and Bengal's and Stealers, all wanting to throw the ball a lot and deep. They have held up pretty well so far.

HawkerD

Reaction score
The only help we need on offense is on the Line. Oh Yeah and getting PC out of anything to do with play calling.

Cad

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2d5tgxs7 said:
Ross would bring nothing to this team? :?

Well, not for a couple months. He was put on 6-8 weeks IR last week. The tackle where he got hurled to the ground re-injured his shoulder.